Chapter 184 (Vol 2) – Acceptance (1)
3.5k 1 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Welcome to you all. Son, why didn't you tell me everyone was coming? So I would have asked to prepare something to eat for all of you." Tang Zhi slightly scolded Tang Jingtian.

Tang Jingtian could only smile helplessly while scratching his head foolishly. It was not his fault that Ling Tian and the others wanted to come suddenly.

"Hi Aunt Zhi, Sister Wanying." Mu Shuiruo approached Tang Zhi and hugged her warmly. Tang Zhi was like a second mother to her. Not only for her but also for Mu Shen.

Tang Zhi hugged her with love and tenderness too. Tang Wanying nodded and smiled at Mu Shuiruo when they looked at each other.

"Little Shuiruo, I thought you were already forgetting me because you already have your future husband." Tang Zhi smiled at her playfully, making Mu Shuiruo blush with happiness.

Tang Zhi saw this and felt happy for her as she thought: 'Little Shuiruo seems to look much more beautiful and radiant now..."

"Aunt Zhi." Mu Shen approached and greeted Tang Zhi with a happy smile as well.

"How have you been, little Shen?" Tang Zhi also smiled at Mu Shen.

"Hehe, fine, aunt. We have been well, everything has been calm, and thank you for continuing to support us in everything we need". Mu Shen thanked Tang Zhi very sincerely.

"Your mother asked me to take care of you both and even if she didn't ask me, I would still take care of you." Tang Zhi responded with a soft, loving voice.

The Tang family has been supporting them since their parents died. It seems that Mu Shen's mother had asked Tang Zhi to take care of her children before if something happened, which Tang Zhi accepted without hesitation.

Ling Tian had stayed behind and then lowered Lan Yin from his shoulders and walked with her to Tang Zhi.

"Auntie!" Lan Yin greeted Tang Zhi with a big smile.

"Hi! My little Yinyin, how beautiful you are!" Tang Zhi took Lan Yin in her arms and placed her on her lap. She really loved Lan Yin, feeling like she was her own daughter for her current age and size.

Lan Yin really looked like a little glass doll with her shiny white jade skin. Tang Zhi wondered if Lan Yin seemed to get prettier or if it was just her imagination. Lan Yin's skin seemed more rehydrated and more glowing unlike the day before when they stayed with her.

Lan Yin laughed happily as she felt the affection and love that Tang Zhi was conveying to her. She had a splendid smile when she saw that many people really loved her.

"Greetings, Aunt Zhi." This time it was Ling Tian's turn, and he approached her with a complicated, slightly perceptible smile. Although he had seen that Tang Zhi had not been frightened by him when he entered, she could still keep a distance from him because of what had happened the day before.

Ling Tian would not be surprised if they were afraid or disgusted with him for what he did.

He had killed over 100 people in one day!

He also cruelly tortured members of both families!

He savagely tore off their arms!

Tang Zhi turned to see Ling Tian with a smile and looked at him for a few seconds.

"Don't tell me you are afraid of me? Little Tian." Tang Zhi asked him with a soft, tender smile. She also changed her way of addressing Ling Tian.

Ling Tian was slightly startled but quickly calmed down before anyone except Tang Zhi noticed.

It wasn't because she wasn't afraid or displeased with him, but because of something else Ling Tian remembered being called that way. A distant but deep and vivid memory came to his mind the instant he heard Tang Zhi call him that.

Ling Tian smiled normally again as he calmly made an excuse that was real: "It's not that, Auntie Zhi. It's just that you look so much better now, so I'm happy."

Tang Zhi's skin seemed to be rejuvenating a little more since the last time he saw her. The medicinal liquids Ling Tian had made for her were having a miraculous effect on her entire body, helping her to heal completely.

It seemed that she only needed to drink a few more bottles of medicinal fluids to fully recover.

Tang Zhi thought this was due to what had happened the day before, but she didn't go through with it. Instead, she responded with a feeling of absolute gratitude: "Thank you for healing me and removing that poison. I am really feeling much better already."

Tang Zhi really felt very grateful and lucky to Ling Tian for saving her by discovering and eliminating the poison in her body. If Ling Tian had not appeared in all their lives, she would have died without a doubt.

"Mother, where is my father? I looked for him when I arrived, but I did not find him." Tang Jingtian asked about his father, as he mostly stayed with his mother.

"He is in the study." Tang Zhi answered and then added, "Son, why don't you go with little Shen to see your father? I think he was looking for you earlier. Maybe he needed your help for something..."

Tang Jingtian nodded and turned around. Mu Shen said goodbye to Tang Zhi and followed Tang Jingtian. Mu Shen also helped the Tang family when he could.

Ling Tian expanded his spiritual sense throughout the Tang family residence and found Tang Wei in a spacious room. He was reading some books while writing some things in another book after reading some parts.

"Yinyin, are you hungry?" Tang Zhi asked Lan Yin who was in her lap, "Why don't we go to the kitchen and I'll make you something nice to eat?"

Lan Yin turned to see Ling Tian. Ling Tian nodded to her with a tender smile, telling her not to worry and to answer honestly.

"En!" Lan Yin nodded and then nervously asked, "Could Yinyin eat those delicious cookies from yesterday again?"

Ling Tian did not have the ingredients to make cookies for Lan Yin, as Lan Yin loved the cookies and hoped that Tang Zhi still had them. Ling Tian would make sure to get those ingredients to pamper Lan Yin later.

"Mmn, we don't have cookies anymore... but how about making more? I'm sure you'll like them better when they're freshly made." Tang Zhi stood up with Lan Yin in her arms and then said to Mu Shuiruo, "Why don't you come with us, little Shuiruo? We'll show little Yinyin how to prepare the cookies."

"It's all right, aunt." Mu Shuiruo saw Tang Zhi's expression and understood what she was doing. Mu Shuiruo looked at Tang Wanying and smiled happily at her.

Tang Zhi nodded to Mu Shuiruo and said to Ling Tian, "Little Tian, why don't you wait for us to make the cookies? You can accompany my daughter in what we prepare and finish everything for everyone."

Tang Zhi showed a smile of complicity to Ling Tian and without waiting for his answer, she walked out with Lan Yin and Mu Shuiruo and then closed the door, leaving Ling Tian and Tang Wanying alone.

Ling Tian smiled ironically inside as he saw Tang Zhi's little plan for him and Tang Wanying to be alone.

Ling Tian turned to see Tang Wanying, who was somehow looking at him coldly since he had arrived.

64