Chapter 198 (Vol 2) – Healing the Soul
3.2k 2 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ling Tian walked to the bed. Then he began to get Zhang Ruoyan to sit up, and immediately he, too, got on the bed and sat down in front of her. Both of them were sitting facing each other while Ling Tian gently held her to prevent her from falling.

"I need you to bring me all the plants you have so that I can make a medicinal liquid later to help her heal a little faster." Ling Tian turned to Zhang Chao.

Zhang Chao nodded without blinking and quickly left the place, going to get all the medicinal plants.

Zhang Xinya looked nervously at Ling Tian and her mother.

"Don't worry, your mother will be fine." Ling Tian nodded sympathetically to Zhang Xinya.

Zhang Xinya nodded nervously while holding tightly her hands hopefully.

Ling Tian moved his hand and placed it directly on Zhang Ruoyan's face, placing his fingers on the acupuncture points and meridians.

His spiritual sense was released and covered Zhang Ruoyan's brain, discovering that there were several atrophied neurons and even loss of function in different areas.

'My respects to you, aunt. Even though you have been in this state for several years, you still haven't given up...' Ling Tian thought inwardly while he transmitted to her soul through his own spiritual sense: 'Don't worry, in a moment you will be able to see the light and see your family again. Just don't give up now.'

Ling Tian knew that Zhang Ruoyan had been conscious all this time, suffering the agony of being in deep darkness and not being able to see her loved ones. Hence his respect for her, as well as his respect for Tang Wanying's mother, Tang Zhi, for not letting herself be overcome by poison.

Many would go crazy to be trapped for several years in an empty, dark place, unable to move or feel anything, while an agony and fear would strongly torment one's soul.

He knew that Zhang Ruoyan could still hear the conversations around her, but she could do nothing to move or say anything. Her soul was so weak that she could barely hold it together so as not to disperse and disappear completely.

Ling Tian knew what it felt like to be trapped in this endless agony, completely in the dark without being able to move or feel around you, as if it were the same void. Something similar to this happened to him once when he entered an unknown place, a dead world, and was trapped inside for dozens of years, with his soul being pulled into the abyss of darkness as he clung and tried with all his strength to return to his body to get out of that place.

Because of the immortal essence and the availability of his sea of knowledge, Ling Tian could easily help strengthen Zhang Ruoyan's soul to awaken, but she would still be a little weak at the end after so many years of suffering and weakening.

If Ling Tian had started cultivating again and had a simple essence of cultivation, it would be more complicated and almost risky for him to do this. But because he is still an Immortal, his strength and essence were completely on another level.

Ling Tian's immortal power was slowly cleansing all the meridians, as well as repairing and healing the neurons and channels in her brain. His spiritual sense maintained precise control over everything that was happening, because if he neglected for a moment, Zhang Ruoyan could die instantly.

Zhang Ruoyan's body gradually became covered with black impurities, frightening Zhang Xinya who was watching them without making a sound.

Ling Tian kept his eyes closed with his own hand on Zhang Ruoyan's face while he finished repairing the atrophied muscles and neurons in the brain.

Zhang Chao had arrived shortly after as some people carried several containers of spiritual and medicinal plants and then they quietly left.

After an indeterminate period of time, Ling Tian ended completely and then slowly began to strengthen Zhang Ruoyan's soul.

Zhang Ruoyan's eyelashes trembled slightly at this point, causing joy and excitement for the father and daughter.

'Don't be hasty, your soul is still very weak, so you will take some time to recover.' Ling Tian warned Zhang Ruoyan using his spiritual sense. If Zhang Ruoyan were to try to make an effort, it would be a little harmful to her at this time.

Zhang Ruoyan's eyelashes stopped moving after Ling Tian warned her, worrying Zhang Xinya and Zhang Chao. Although they wanted to ask Ling Tian, they knew they couldn't bother him at this critical time.

Strengthening the soul of a mortal could be easy if that person were healthy, but Zhang Ruoyan had a precisely weak soul, so great care would have to be taken in slowly strengthening it not to destroy it because of the powerful strength of an Immortal.

Exhale

Ling Tian let out a sigh of relief as he finished strengthening Zhang Ruoyan's soul. Although she would still be a little weak, she could live quietly for a few more years, unless she began to cultivate to strengthen her soul by opening her own sea of knowledge.

The process lasted a couple of hours as the night began to manifest and enter through the window of the bedroom. The lights had been on for some time and there were only Zhang Xinya, Zhang Chao, Ling Tian and Zhang Ruoyan.

"You can open your eyes, take it easy. Don't overexert yourself." Ling Tian spoke softly to Zhang Ruoyan, gently laying her down on the bed again.

Zhang Xinya and her father approached Zhang Ruoyan nervously.

Zhang Ruoyan's eyelids trembled slightly, trying to open her eyes for the first time after a long time.

Ling Tian got out of bed and stood to one side, watching with some nostalgia the interaction of this family.

Finally, Zhang Ruoyan slowly opened her eyes, seeing blurry vision of her beloved daughter after so long struggling in the dark.

"Mom!" Zhang Xinya could no longer bear it and began to cry as she hugged Zhang Ruoyan tightly but with gentleness.

Zhang Chao also could not bear the tears coming from him as he held Zhang Ruoyan's hand carefully, trying not to hurt her.

"Y-Y-Ya'er... m-my little Y-Ya'er..." The weak and tired voice of Zhang Ruoyan made Zhang Xinya cry even more while she embraced her completely without wanting to let go her. It took some time for her eyesight to improve and she finally observed her daughter very well.

With the strength she could, Zhang Ruoyan slowly but lovingly caressed her daughter's head with her other hand, while tears of happiness also began to flow from her.

How long did she have to endure in that cold and lonely darkness before she could see her family again?

Zhang Ruoyan did not let herself be carried away by madness and pain all this time. Only she knew how much she suffered to see her daughter again.

Until that moment when she heard a warm and quiet voice right inside of her, saying that he would help her and that she must not give up yet, she clung even more tightly to the last hope there was.

Zhang Ruoyan looked up after watching her daughter who was still crying with happiness at the sight of her, while she then saw the happy and tearful face of her husband as well.

62