Chapter 203 (Vol 2) – Tremor in the Consciousness Sea
3.2k 2 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ling Tian forced a helpless smile on his face as he listened to what Tang Zhi had said about deciding also for Zhang Xinya and Long Yuyin. However, he preferred to say nothing to that.

Ling Tian watched Tang Jingtian and Mu Shen and nodded weakly as he saw that they would soon enter the First Stage of Chi Gathering.

"Yinyin, keep cultivating. Now you will try to enter the Sixth Stage of Chi Gathering. When you get to the Seventh Stage, I'll teach you a few things." Ling Tian lovingly patted Lan Yin's head.

Lan Yin nodded happily as always and pulled out her own Immortal Crystal that she was using. Its glow had diminished and Ling Tian knew it would only help Lan Yin enter into the Seventh Stage of Chi Gathering.

Everyone saw that Lan Yin did the same thing as Mu Shen and Tang Jingtian by sitting with her eyes closed in the same way, but they said nothing.

"Little Shuiruo, Yuyin, you should start cultivating." Ling Tian instructed both women.

They both nodded and also started to cultivate.

The others were confused when they saw this.

Would Ling Tian teach them to meditate?

In the courtyard now were: Tang Wanying, Tang Zhi, Tang Nan, Zhang Xinya, Zhang Ruoyan and Zhang Li.

Rumble

Just as Ling Tian was about to say something, he felt his soul tremble for a moment.

Ling Tian was stunned by this when a sense of extreme crisis covered him.

Everyone was confused by Ling Tian's current expression and wanted to ask him if he was fine, but they were restrained when they saw Ling Tian close his eyes immediately.

Ling Tian concentrated and entered into his sea of knowledge.

He appeared in his soul form and observed his surroundings.

The sea of knowledge was somewhat turbulent but nothing more. It soon calmed down and was no longer agitated.

Ling Tian observed that everything was calm, so he went to check the remaining sphere that was floating in the air.

Previously there were three objects, two of which were almost equal spheres and one seed.

One of the two spheres had become his current Little World that resided in his Dantian and the other object that was a seed sank to the bottom of his sea of knowledge, growing and becoming a vine.

However, the remaining sphere was still quietly floating, with a great crack on its surface.

Ling Tian did not even use his spiritual sense to observe it again. The previous time he did, he was frightened by an unknown and mysterious power within it that he was even sure would kill him if he unleashed that power in his sea of knowledge.

Birds were flying on the sky, but clearly they always flew dozens of meters away from the sphere on the sky. Fish and other aquatic species were swimming freely in the sea.

Ling Tian always wondered why these representations appeared in his sea of knowledge when there should be none.

"That I felt this could only have been one thing..." Ling Tian talked to himself as he remembered that feeling: "Someone used a special technique to track my soul... or at least to know if I am alive..."

Ling Tian was sure of this, so on the one hand he was worried and on the other hand he felt somewhat happy.

"If it was my disciples, I am sure they would have been able to confirm that I am alive. But most likely they think I have been reincarnated, haha." Ling Tian laughed bitterly at the latter when he thought it might have been his disciples from the Immortal World who tracked down his soul, so he was happy to let them know that he was alive.

"But if it wasn't them... then it must have been those bastards." Ling Tian gritted his teeth in anger at the possibility that those guys who finally cornered him to his 'imminent' death might have tracked his soul.

"At least they'll think I've reincarnated again, and since I've been reborn, I wouldn't have my memories of the past life, so they'd hesitate to track me down completely to kill me." Ling Tian was sure he would have plenty of time for him to return to his heyday and get revenge on those bastards.

The bastards who cornered him before he fell into the abyss are cultivators at the top of the Immortal World just like him.

All because of the 'legendary sacred scripture' that contained the key to knowing what the Dao is and being able to ascend to a new realm beyond Supremacy.

"If they only knew that this legend was distorted over time and was not really a special technique that helped me..." Ling Tian sighed at the thought of this: "It was also my fault for confessing that I had the legendary sacred objects when that bastard Feng Heng was there..."

Ling Tian regretted it when he remembered that he had confessed to his best friend at the time that he had the supposedly sacred legendary objects that would help one ascend beyond the Supreme realm, including making his way to the supposed Divinity. At that time there was this unofficial disciple, Feng Heng, who always gave him a bad feeling, but even though he always had a high guard against him, he did not imagine that he would use such a method to betray him. His instincts always let him know about the bad feeling about Feng Heng, so he was on guard against him, thinking that he could control the situation if the time came. He was stronger than he was, after all. But it was precisely this confidence, arrogance, and negligence that led to his betrayal and near-murder.

Ling Tian claimed to have the so-called sacred objects, which were those that resided in his consciousness sea.

Those who plotted to besiege him thought that Ling Tian had been able to ascend to high realm being so young with the help of those sacred objects and the special technique that came with them. That is why they wanted to kill him in order to take away those objects and see if they could ascend to the divinity.

To ascend to a middle-high realm was already impossible at that time, so they were sure about the legend and that is why they wanted to get rid of Ling Tian.

But what they did not know is that those objects did not help him in anything in his whole life, until he fell to this lower plane and discovered that two of those three objects had been transformed into what is his Little World and a Vine at the depth of his sea of knowledge. The third object was still doing nothing despite having cracked a little.

Perhaps they helped him to form his sea of knowledge a little earlier than usual so that they could be in that place, but that was all.

And those objects were residing in his sea of knowledge, so they were not going to be able to do anything about it.

Ling Tian could only ascend quickly to the higher realms by obtaining and cultivating with Immortal Crystals when he traveled between worlds to collect them or escaped from cultivators with realms stronger than himself.

To ascend the Supreme realm there had to be a unique opportunity.

"I just hope it's those little ones... so I can be reassured that I'll have more time to return to my peak and that they'll know I'm alive." Ling Tian sighed with some hope: "Lifting this Heavenly Seal will not be easy." He remembered the seal that contained the Heavenly Laws that restricted his cultivation.

Ling Tian left his sea of knowledge and opened his eyes again, only to find the worried look of Yun Mengxin.

"Why are you here?" Ling Tian asked her with a confused expression.

"I felt that you were very tense and worried... what happened?" Yun Mengxin asked worriedly.

She had felt the sense of crisis in Ling Tian instantly, so without hesitation, she quickly arrived here, surprising others by seeing her suddenly appear when she descended from the sky.

"I'm fine, it's just something that took me by surprise." Ling Tian felt warm inside as he sensed his woman's concern, so he communicated to her with his spiritual sense of what had happened to him.

After several seconds she responded, "I feel like it could be the last thing." Yun Mengxin smiled softly after understanding what Ling Tian said and she referred to the fact that it could be his disciples who tracked down his soul.

"I hope so..." Ling Tian sighed, trying to calm down.

Yun Mengxin was the only person who knew almost everything abou thim thanks to the Dual Cultivation technique, so Ling Tian never hesitated to tell her everything.

Then, he turned around and realized that others were looking at both of them strangely, especially Yun Mengxin.

60