Chapter 265 (Vol 2) – A Tournament to Win a Chance with the Goddesses?
2.3k 2 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So whoever wins will have the opportunity to court one of the five Goddesses?"

At the time when Ling Tian was still walking with Lan Yin in the city center, he overheard the conversations of a group of young men that caught his eye.

Raising his eyebrows at the last thing he heard, Ling Tian sent his spirit sense to listen clearly.

"Yes!"

"That's the deal we made!"

"Whoever wins the competition this time and those who come out on top, the rest of us won't interrupt them so they can court the goddesses!"

"It seems that the Goddesses will attend the tournament as spectators, so we can show off our skills!"

"I must get the first place then!"

"That will be very difficult!"

"That's right. There are several of our generation who have reached King rank now!"

"I must strive to get the first places at least!"

Ling Tian smiled ironically at this.

One of the things that Yun Mengxin had told him when he was absent with Zhang Xinya, was that there would be a tournament to increase the spirit of the young people and encourage them to become stronger, as well as to deliver the elixirs that would enable them to reach the Legend or Divine rank for those who did not want to start cultivating the martial arts again.

Now, listening to all the conversations these guys were having, Ling Tian knew that most men were in what seemed like agreement when it came to the Goddesses of the Star City.

'It seems they agreed that whoever could win the tournament would have a chance to court the girls...' Ling Tian rolled his eyes in understanding this.

Clearly it was just a rumor and a tactic among all men to court the Goddesses.

"And what shall we do with the rumor that some of our Goddesses are already engaged to some people?"

Ling Tian continued to listen to their conversation.

"Hmph!"

"That guy must be one lucky bastard..."

"But he's also a coward because he doesn't let himself be shown so we can see who he is!"

"Hahaha it's true!"

"If he is such a coward then he is not worthy of our Goddesses!"

"We have to prove that we are more worthy than those lucky bastards!"

Ling Tian twisted his lip when he heard all this.

However, he smiled mockingly at them all, as their esteemed Goddesses were now his women.

"At least we know of one!"

Ling Tian frowned when he heard this.

"That guy is a master alchemist apparently!"

"Yes! That guy is the one who is helping to make the spiritual elixirs..."

"The Lord of the City said he would be his son in law!"

"So that means that..."

"He is the fiancé of Goddess Long!"

"Bastard!"

"How could he have made that Goddess who was like a distant tigress fall in love?!"

"But isn't he just an alchemist?! Is that enough to qualify him to marry one of the Goddesses?"

"I don't think he is the mysterious great alchemist master who is making the spiritual elixirs... he must be the assistant of the great alchemist master and must be taking credit for it in order to marry one of the Goddesses!"

"That guy must be an ordinary guy..."

"But I heard that guy is a Legend rank!"

"Huh?!"

"Like the Lord of the City and the Ice Goddess?!"

"I heard that!"

"That can't be true!"

"There's got to be a mistake!"

"How could there be another Legend rank?!"

"Plus they haven't announced it, so it must be a mistake!"

"What does this guy look like?! What does his face look like?! Let's look for him and find out for ourselves!"

"Yeah, let's see if he's worthy of marrying one of the Goddesses!"

Ling Tian rolled his eyes for the umpteenth time as he heard all this.

When he saw that someone had taken out a scroll and had drawn what appeared to be his face, he smiled bitterly.

Will there be more trouble once they know about his relationship with the Goddesses?

Ling Tian thought differently and nodded. Well, he could take advantage of that to give all those men a warning to scare them away from the girls.

"That guy is the same guy who was with Goddess Zhang!"

"What are you talking about?!"

"Yes, I was there when Goddess Zhang said he was going to marry her!"

"Then he wants to take two of our Goddesses!"

"That's a sin!"

"We must crush that lucky bastard who wants to take two Goddesses into his hands!"

"Hey... Isn't that bastard that guy over there?!"

"The one carrying a little girl on his shoulders?"

The moment Ling Tian heard that, he turned his back on them completely to prevent them from confirming it was him.

He was enjoying the day with Lan Yin at this time and didn't want anyone to interrupt them now.

The group of men began to scrutinize Ling Tian, wanting to see if it was him in the picture.

When they saw that all the young women and even some of the young ladies from the influential aristocratic families were gazing lovingly at Ling Tian, the men felt a sense of envy within them.

"Isn't that girl too pretty to just be a little girl?"

"Will they be siblings?"

"I-I think that guy is the one in the picture ... the people who were at the meeting with the Lord of the City said that the clothes of that guy were fine and attractive."

"I think his name was Ling..."

"Ling?"

"Is there a family with the name Ling?"

"I don't think there is any family with that name..."

"We must find out everything about him!"

"What better way to ask him directly!"

Ling Tian sighed secretly when he noticed that some men started walking in his direction, evidently showing a malevolent smile.

It seems that these men did not believe that Ling Tian was someone who had reached Legend status and now they were looking to beat him up.

"Friend Ling, could you join us for a moment?"

A young man who appeared to be the leader of the group approached one side of Ling Tian and smiled friendly, calling him by name. He wanted to surprise him by calling him by name.

This guy was in the Great Heaven rank, about to enter the King rank.

"The little sister can stay with Miss Zen..."

The young man spoke and a beautiful woman approached and looked with obvious shyness at Ling Tian with her deeply flushed cheeks.

The guy couldn't help but be annoyed inside when he saw that the young lady from the Zen family had never shown that kind of expression to him.

"Get lost! I don't have time for your nonsense. If you have so much time to look for someone to beat him up, you should spend your energy on training for the tournament..."

Ling Tian said indifferently to the guy without turning around. Even Lan Yin pouted at these people who kept coming to bother them.

It was already really infuriating and annoying that they now wanted to 'beat him up', so Ling Tian got upset.

This guy was upset that he was being ignored by Ling Tian.

"I am enjoying time with my daught- with my cute little sister."

Ling Tian spoke and at the moment he was about to say 'daughter' he felt Lan Yin's tender arms tighten slightly around his head, so he quickly changed the word and said that she was his little sister.

Lan Yin had a big pout on her face and then hugged Ling Tian's head a little tighter.

Ling Tian smiled helplessly but he kept moving her tender legs where he kept his hands on her to keep her from falling, making Lan Yin's pout disappear.

"Brother Tian!"

The guy had finally become very upset and when he was about to say something else, a voice was heard nearby, interrupting the tense atmosphere in the place.

45