Chapter 286 (Vol 2) – Commotion at the Tournament (7)
2.1k 3 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I am not a martial artist."

Instantly, Ling Tian suddenly appeared in front of the leader.

"!!!!!"

The young man opened his eyes in shock when he saw Ling Tian suddenly appear in front of him, with an indifferent expression and his eyes clearly unemotional as he looked at him.

A strange and deep fear began to invade his body.

"But what...?!"

"How did he...?!"

Silence fell again when people noticed Ling Tian disappearing from the center box and then suddenly appearing in the middle of the stage of the entire stadium.

The questions began to fill their minds in blanks after some time, wondering how someone could suddenly disappear and reappear somewhere else.

The other men on the platform opened their eyes in disbelief as they saw this strange event occur before their eyes.

"Now here I am, in front of you, isn't that what you wanted?" Ling Tian asked in an indifferent voice, but his eyes showed obvious disdain and mockery as he looked at the young man in front of him.

The stadium was completely silent, while the eyes of all the people were on Ling Tian, so his voice was heard clearly.

"Y-you..."

The young man began to stammer, while his legs quickly began to shake with fear. He tried to control his fear, but felt a pressure and fear coming from the young man who had suddenly appeared before him.

"You are a demon!"

At the loss of his own fears and unrecognizable thoughts, the young man began to scream as he pointed to Ling Tian; his arm and body all shaking with fear.

Other people opened their eyes even more when they heard this, beginning to unconsciously wonder if he really was a demon.

Ling Tian rolled his eyes with irony again as he heard this. 

"Just because you are so weak does not mean that those stronger than you are demons." Ling Tian scoffed completely, beginning to insult him.

Indeed, the young man's pride and arrogance was lit up like a spark, beginning to flare up his body with fury as the fear gradually disappeared.

"You say you are stronger than me?! Then why can't we feel even a trace of power in you?!"

He shouted, breaking up the tense and nervous atmosphere in the place. He released his aura to pressure Ling Tian, wanting to teach him a lesson. He did not believe that Ling Tian could be a powerful martial artist, since any martial artist would always expel some of his power unconsciously and others would feel it.

"Compared to me, you are nothing... not even all those behind you can make a small scratch on me." Ling Tian spoke with scorn without even being perturbed by the aura that covered him, and then he raised his arm weakly and pointed to the woman who had won first place in the tournament, who was still on the platform near them: "She, although she is a King rank, can still beat you, who are an Emperor rank. This is because she has really strived with all her strength to become stronger unlike you, who are weak and pathetic, someone who has every opportunity and feels that is powerful just by increasing the strength a little more, becoming arrogant and stupid."

Shan Qingwu felt her heart racing as Ling Tian praised her in front of everyone, beginning to feel little flutters in her heart, while the young man began to feel more and more angry, insulted and humiliated when he told him that a commoner girl could beat him.

Ling Tian knew that people who had nothing and were at the bottom, once they made their true determination, could become strong and important people who would stand out over time.

After all, he had also started from the bottom, mostly with no one to help him, no one to depend on as he strove to cultivate himself into the higher realms of Dao.

People in the stadium could hear Ling Tian's voice, and couldn't help but think that he sounded too arrogant when he said the first thing.

That no one could scratch him?

Not even all those men?

The image of Ling Tian went down further and further, beginning to look down on him with contempt.

He wasn't even a martial artist, and he said no one could hurt him...

Even most of the women who were around also felt a sense of disgust and contempt when they heard Ling Tian, even though most of them considered him their longed-for Prince of their dreams.

The other men twisted their faces when they heard Ling Tian's insults, beginning to get angry and upset with him.

Ling Tian scanned all the men on the platform.

There were several men with the rank of newly promoted Emperor, while the others were in King rank.

This could truly be a formation for fighting a great horde of demonic beasts.

"What did you say?!"

"That we are weak?!"

"You are only a Master Alchemist!"

"You're not even a Bronze or Silver rank!"

"You are the weak one!"

"We can teach you a lesson here if we want to and no one will save you!"

The complaints and yelling among the men began a few seconds after Ling Tian spoke, looking with fierce, burning eyes at the man who wanted to take away their beloved Goddesses.

All the young men began to circle the platform, not wanting to give Ling Tian an escape route.

Ling Tian's expression remained impassive, not changing in the least by the movement all the men were doing.

His face still had a slight indifferent smile with a hint of derision and disdain.

Some women began to feel bad when they thought their charming Prince would be beaten by all the men.

No one believed that anyone could get out of that place alive.

At this point, people were surprised when they saw the winner of the tournament approach Ling Tian and stand behind him as she raised her arms and prepared to fight.

Ling Tian raised his eyebrows when he saw Shan Qingwu do this and said, "You should get off the platform, so you won't be involved in this..."

Shan Qingwu shook her head and said, "It is unfair for everyone to join together to fight one person... I do not like injustice..." She stuttered with some nervousness because she had bravely approached him and talked to him.

She had always been despised by most noble people, only because she was born into a poor family. That is why she entered this tournament to win the prizes so that her family could have a little more money, and even be able to raise the status of her family a little bit and live comfortably!

That's why she didn't like those unfair and discriminatory acts towards poor and common people.

Shan Qingwu trained a lot since she was a child, without standing out too much so that people would not target her or her family and do something bad to them.

Although she knew that there were several people who were stronger than she was and she could not be of much help to him, Shan Qingwu did not hesitate and did not doubt to take the side of this unknown young man whose name was apparently Ling Tian.

Ling Tian smiled slightly at the thought and decision of this girl, getting a good impression of her, but then shook his head slightly and said calmly, "They can't do anything to me... in fact, no one here can do anything to me."

Instantly, Shan Qingwu felt an air that gently enveloped her and made her appear outside the platform.

No one had noticed what happened to Shan Qingwu, since all the attention was on Ling Tian.

Only a group of people in the central box of the stadium realized this, but they did not say anything.

"If I turned out to be stronger than you and everyone else here... wouldn't that mean that you are very weak, exactly like ants?"

Ling Tian taunted them once again, inciting the fire of humiliation and rage to burn more in each other's bodies.

His mentality from when he was a lone wolf and too arrogant began to subtly influence his soul, making him seem slightly different.

Several auras covered Ling Tian, but he continued with his weak indifferent smile.

Irrationality and anger completely covered the minds of men, not realizing that Ling Tian did not even show despair or difficulty in breathing when he was covered by several auras.

Ling Tian took a few more steps, approaching the leader of all of them and said, "You still have time to retract and withdraw, before something ugly happens to all of you..."

His scornful gaze only incited more of his hatred, feeling his blood boil with hatred and more.

Instantly, the fury within the young man exploded and instantly threw his fist into Ling Tian's face.

52