Chapter 385 (Vol 2) – Collecting Energy from the Universe
1.7k 0 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wait for me here, I'll be back later." Ling Tian said before disappearing.

The others were a little surprised and then sat down, starting to recover their spent energy after all this time.

After an indeterminate amount of time, Ling Tian appeared again.

"Are you planning to do that?" Yun Mengxin asked, wanting to confirm.

Ling Tian smiled bitterly and nodded, "It's the only way, plus this feeling is getting stronger and stronger..."

Yun Mengxin nodded with some concern. Ling Tian's feelings and thoughts were clearly reaching her, so she knew what he was going to do next.

Ling Tian repositioned the refined jades in another way, but this time, he added several more and expanded the distance between them. Next, he made several inscriptions and patterns on and around the tree.

"You'd better get out of range of this formation so that nothing happens to you." Ling Tian shouted, warning them all.

No one hesitated and everyone backed up, stepping out of the range of the formation arranged by the refined jades.

Ling Tian took a deep breath before activating the formation and expelling his power.

* BOOM!!! *

The immense explosion of power startled everyone, wondering what Ling Tian was doing.

Spiritual energy filled the place, the refined jades subtly glowed, beginning to activate in an attempt to draw in the energy of the universe.

"This formation will attract the powerful and rich energy of the universe and the entire nearby lower plane, which will allow this small world to heal and even grow..." Ling Tian expelled much more power as he took it upon himself to gradually direct it towards the tree, "Little friend, you will have to grow a little faster so that you can withstand the battle in the future and it won't be so easy for you to be injured."

Energy poured out, power flooded the place, the land rumbled and the skies shook.

This energy gathering formation of the universe was powerful, but it needed someone to first draw the energy and then redirect it into the core of the world.

Although this was a mid-level formation and with only refined jades, it was enough to be able to use it on a small world like this. If it were a much larger world, or even a world of a higher plane, it would require much more special and strong materials, and greater power.

This was not something that could be activated by a simple Formation Master.

The wasteland seemed to be only an illusion, as the land began to turn a green color as grass and vegetation began to grow again. The vines spread much further, going out of range of the range where the jades were placed and kept spreading, wanting to cover every nearby part.

Even the dry channel, where water seemed to come from like a river to end up in a lake, began to gather small, weak streams of water, wanting to reach the roots of the tree in the middle.

The environment seemed to gradually come to life, waiting to become a beautiful landscape.

* Crack... *

However, before it seemed like all would be well, a small crack near the spot opened up, attracting Ling Tian's attention before it closed.

"Calm down! No one will steal your nourishment, there's more for you to grow a lot!" Ling Tian laughed as he looked at the tree.

If the spirit of this world got out of control by wanting to consume the rich energy coming from the universe, it might disrupt the Laws of the place itself.

The tree seemed to understand as it moved its branches towards Ling Tian, making like a nod.

Ling Tian smiled as he felt a great tiredness. To activate the formation, he had to use all his power and energy, leaving him with no power at all.

Approaching back towards where everyone was, Ling Tian could barely walk as he threw himself on the ground, lying down while placing his head on Long Yuyin's lap, who was closest.

Long Yuyin blushed a little but didn't move, letting him settle onto her perfect lap.

"Master!" Qing Sha shouted worriedly and together with Lan Yin came closer.

The others also gathered around Ling Tian.

"Are you okay?" Tang Wanying asked when she saw Ling Tian breathing heavily.

Ling Tian slightly shook his head, taking a little time before saying, "I'm fine, I just used every ounce of my power to activate the formation..." He could take a pill to recover his energies, but he didn't make the attempt and continued to enjoy Long Yuyin's lap.

The currents of powerful and great spiritual energies could be felt, heading towards where the tree was.

* Crack! *

A spatial crack again opened in the distance, before quickly closing again.

But this time, Ling Tian frowned as he felt the great spiritual energies coming from that crack as it was forced open.

"We will return to the City." Ling Tian spoke again, "Demonic beasts will be attracted to this world because of the formation, so an endless siege of hordes of demonic beasts will enter this world as long as the formation is active. We will have to endure for several days before the formation ends on its own."

"Will the demonic beasts return again?" Tang Jingtian asked dumbfounded.

Ling Tian nodded and said, "A few moments ago I returned back towards the city and told Uncle Cheng to get ready and warn the whole city. Demonic beasts will appear from the Chi Gathering Stage to the Great Ascension realm, but I have a feeling that only demonic beasts that reach the Body Condensation stage might appear. I will deal with the strongest ones, so you guys have to help me fight the others."

Ling Tian sighed inwardly; demonic beasts in the Great Ascension realm did not worry him, the only thing he was worried about was that a Void Beast might arrive.

A Void Beast could further disrupt the stability of this world by forcing the Spatial Law for its own use.

Furthermore, the demonic beasts could find the anomaly in the energy currents of the universe through the void, being able to find this small world and easily break through the space as the aura protecting this small world is completely weakened and altered.

Practically, Ling Tian had lit a light in the midst of darkness, attracting all kinds of beings to it.

But this was the only way to repair the small world.

* Purr *

The little white fox nuzzled against Ling Tian's body as an aura covered her and then transmitted it to Ling Tian, causing him to regain some of his strength.

"Thank you, little girl." Ling Tian was surprised and petted the little white fox, earning another purr as she showed what looked like a proud, but at the same time happy expression.

Was this another one of this spirit fox's abilities?

Ling Tian was once again amazed as he checked his body. Although he had barely regained a little over 10% of his current power, it was enough to be able to move without difficulty.

Ling Tian stood up and stretched a little.

"How beautiful, there was even a small lake formed with that tree in the middle..." Mu Shuiruo said as she looked at the place.

"It should be because of the great energies it is receiving..." Zhang Xinya added.

Shan Qingwu looked at Ling Tian and said, "Senior Brother, how long will we have until the demonic beasts arrive?"

"It may be right now, or it may be several days, therefore, we should prepare ourselves..." Ling Tian replied.

Recalling a situation in the past that was slightly similar to what might happen right now, Ling Tian had a bitter expression.

"Well, I built the formation to stop working once the jades break and stop attracting the energy of the universe. Therefore, we should just hold out for the time until it's over."

Ling Tian took one last look, noticing the outline and the entire landscape beginning to bloom, as well as the river channel flowing from one side and couldn't see where it came from....

Huh?

This last view, made Ling Tian tilt his head slightly as he noticed that he couldn't see the beginning of the river....

A distant and seemingly forgotten memory came to his mind, letting Ling Tian's consciousness wander.

"Master?"

"Brother?"

"What's wrong...?"

The others noticed this and wanted to ask Ling Tian, but were quickly stopped by Yun Mengxin.

Yun Mengxin was the first to notice it, but what was strange to her, was that she couldn't feel Ling Tian's consciousness that was connected to her!

Therefore, she stopped the others, fearful that they might hurt Ling Tian if they disturbed him at this time.

She felt that they should not interrupt him at this time.

They all kept silent, watching Ling Tian stare at the flowing river current with a strange tranquility....

Suddenly, Ling Tian moved above the river, teleporting smoothly.

The flow of the river shook fiercely, as if something was bursting inside, making small waves on the sides as Ling Tian was leaning on the water.

Everyone watched intently at what was happening, wondering what he wanted to do.

Then, Ling Tian slowly took a step forward and his body became strangely transparent!

30