Chapter 457 (Vol 2) – Sacred Heavenly Scriptures!
1.6k 0 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ling Tian finally blinked in surprise as he looked at the tokens of different associations. A proud and happy smile came on his face as he looked at these boys.

Ying Chen handed all his tokens to Ling Tian without hesitation.

"Brother Chen is the vice president of the Forging Association and Brother Wuhu is the vice president of the Formation Association..." Hao Zhentian pointed at Ying Chen, who smiled proudly. Then he said, "We likewise obtained great statuses and positions in those Associations. You can think that it was almost the same happening as with Brother Guang, with the same conditions and access to their resources."

"Likewise, we have important shares in some cities and places of great status, as well as some favors kept in various Sects that we could use at any time." Sun Xiang added.

"Looks like you guys have done a lot in all this time..." Ling Tian laughed as he kept the tokens in his storage ring. But his heart was happy and content.

Who would have thought?

These little kids had all become such great experts!

He couldn't be more proud and happy for them!

"Now that I remember..." Ling Tian remembered those three little girls and asked curiously, "Those three mischievous little girls, have they already found someone they like?"

They had already talked to each other about them and whether they found that ideal woman. But now Ling Tian wanted to know if those three female disciples of his already found a man they were interested in.

The boys looked at each other while smiling covertly, when Hao Zhentian nodded and hesitated, "Ahmm, it could be said yes, Master..."

Ling Tian was surprised and asked dumbfounded, "Did they really already take an interest in someone? The three of them already have their Dao Companions?"

Could it be that each of them already had someone special?

"All three of them like the same man, Master..." Shin Wei hesitated as he replied with a slightly wry smile.

Ling Tian was even more surprised, was there such a person who could make those three girls fall in love? Who would be so cool to pull it off?

But soon, Ling Tian furrowed his brows at the thought of that man. He didn't want his three cute girls to get hurt by that guy. If that man didn't have good intentions, then he would have to see for himself and teach him a lesson he would never forget.

They're his little girls! At least he won't let anyone dare to hurt them!

The four of them watched Ling Tian's expression, but said nothing. Their own expressions disguised the big wry smiles that wanted to form.

Each of them is aware of the true and obvious feelings of their junior martial sisters.

"Who is he?" Ling Tian finally asked with a somewhat strange complexion.

"It would be better if you saw for yourself, Master." Shin Wei replied with a helpless smile, as if expressing that he couldn't explain that.

The others nodded, as if they really didn't dare to talk about the affairs of their junior martial sisters.

Ling Tian raised his eyebrow slightly when he saw that these brats didn't want to tell him about it.

Could it really be that this man is that complicated or special?

Ling Tian took a deep breath before letting out a sigh. When he ascends and meets all his disciples, he will be able to know everything, including that man that his cute little girls are in love with.

The four boys looked at each other with small smiles about to burst out, apologizing to Ling Tian in their minds. They really didn't dare to talk about that matter!

Rather than explaining it, they wanted Ling Tian to find out for himself once they return.

"Once we are done here and ready, we will leave and return to the Cultivation World." Ling Tian spoke.

All of them nodded. Although there was still a lot to talk about, they noticed that Ling Tian's condition was weakening as he made an effort to talk to them, so they did not say anything else as Ying Chen helped walk Ling Tian towards the shade of a tree.

Besides, they could talk about anything they wanted once they were all together again!

Ling Tian sat down and positioned himself cross-legged before inspecting his body.

"You can stay here or go to the City, either to rest or have fun." Before Ling Tian focused on checking his body, he looked at the four young men and said.

"Don't worry, Master. If we get bored we'll go for a walk in the City. Meanwhile we'll stay here in whatever you need." Hao Zhentian said calmly.

Ling Tian nodded with a light smile and at once closed his eyes, concentrating.

Shin Wei took out a small table from his storage ring. On it, there were various objects and containers which Shin Wei used and gradually the environment was filled with a faint aroma of preparing tea.

They knew that Ling Tian loves tea at these kinds of times. And they also like to drink tea.

Sun Xiang lay down under the shade of another tree near Ling Tian, with a cheeky grin forming on his face as he thought about various affairs. Short chuckles came out of his mouth from time to time.

Hao Zhentian took out a sword and slowly began to refine it by creating a flame in his hand, repairing some small cracks in the process by adding some materials. Ying Chen quietly disappeared, but everyone knew that he had gone to walk around the whole place, scanning for anything unusual.

Ling Tian's body still had some visible wounds. Even his right arm was mostly bandaged from battle wounds that were slow to heal. His skin was somewhat pale, but it was slowly returning to its previous original color.

Ling Tian inspected his meridians and indeed, they were over 80% shattered while his Dantian was completely cracked and much less could he access it to use his Little World.

But Ling Tian probed his Dantian thoroughly and confirmed that he could still extract some of his energy. But this would be counterproductive in his current state, as although he could use his immortal essence with some care, it would still further affect his meridians and mainly the Dantian itself.

In addition to the fact that there seemed to be not much energy in it...

There was also a barrier preventing him from entering his own Consciousness Sea, therefore, he was unaware of what might have happened inside.

"... huh?!" Ling Tian was stunned for a long time as he checked some of his bones, especially those of his arm and some of his spine which were somewhat cracked.

But what surprised him was that when he inspected his bones in detail, Ling Tian found that they showed a bone age of less than 1,000 years!

What's going on?!

Ling Tian again looked at his bones and body, thinking he might have been mistaken, but unexpectedly he was not wrong. His bone age indicated that he had lived less than a thousand years. It's as if he had totally rejuvenated...

One could check the age of a cultivator by looking at the essence of their bones, getting an approximation of how long they had lived from their bone age.

Although age no longer matters much in this world that is all about cultivation, it still shocked Ling Tian.

He had the feeling that his whole body really had an age of more than 10 thousand years and the next moment it showed a bone age of less than a thousand years, as if it was an illusion that he observed and could not distinguish which was the real one, which led him to confirm it several times.

How could his bones indicate he was less than 1,000 years old when he had lived more than 10 millennia?

Did he really rejuvenate his 10,000+ year old body?

Many times Ling Tian got broken bones in his battles in the past, so he was aware and knew more or less his bone age. But now it was really strange. If it was because he entered those worlds and everything was an illusion, his cultivation would not increase and everything would remain in a mere illusion.

Could it be thanks to the vitality of the World Tree?

But Ling Tian shook his head, since if that were the case, then he would have noticed the first few times.

Ling Tian did not know any more why this was the case. He had not ingested some special fruit or pill that rejuvenated him, in fact, there was no such remedy.

You could repair and heal broken bones, but you couldn't turn back time on them to make them "born again".

Ling Tian decided to check later because his spirit sense was very weak and he would not be able to observe his body properly for a long time.

When Ling Tian took a look inside his heart, a sigh of sadness escaped from him.

The great and imposing World Tree that resided in his heart was no longer there...

Now, what remained in that Sea of the Heart, which by the way was almost completely dried up, was a dry and lifeless seed.

Ling Tian's weak spirit sense took this seed and observed it. This one returned to its original state as he had found it before when he obtained it along with the storage ring.

"Thank you..." Ling Tian deeply thanked as he observed this seed.

If it wasn't for this seed, Ling Tian was sure that he wouldn't have a body because it would have exploded and disappeared due to the breath of the Primordial Chaos Force that appeared at that moment.

The great and powerful vitality of the World Tree helped to fight against that Chaos energy and protected his body from getting worse at the same time. His meridians and Dantian would be completely shattered and he would be a real cripple if it wasn't for this wonderful tree.

Ling Tian really did not know the origin of this seed. He only knew that it had been collected from a strange and mysterious place where the vegetation was so abundant and lush, a place where it seemed that nature and vitality ruled peacefully.

If by any chance he found that place, he would return this seed to its place of origin.

Now he understood why that World Tree sometimes refused to help him, especially when he seemed to weaken. It was as if it knew that he would experience a great event and saved its vitality and strength to help him.

Ling Tian could not help but feel even more grateful to it.

But at this moment, Ling Tian recalled what he witnessed when he was facing against the Great Dao and the latter made him see. Of those three lights that seemingly created the universe, the image of that mysterious and great tree that brought vitality and life to all of space seemed similar to this World Tree to him.

Could it be that it was the same...?

Ling Tian shook his head, since such a type of heavenly tree would not be so easy to obtain. Besides, it should be more than just a tree if it had the power to create life and more.

Maybe... this seed could come from that tree. That would be the most logical and real explanation.

Ling Tian gently and delicately set that seed down in the center of the space of his heart.

Finally, Ling Tian almost checked his whole body. Now only the most important thing was remaining: that foreign object in his own body.

Ling Tian's senses closed and he concentrated on this object.

"This is... a book?"

Ling Tian was aware of having this ever since he woke up. In fact, this object seemed to be made of his own energy and when his spirit sense quickly scanned it, he knew that he could even circulate energy through this.

That way, Ling Tian easily killed Mo Leng's Soul. But he didn't want to use it much due to the fact that he didn't know what this really is.

When he observed this object in detail, Ling Tian finally saw clearly that it is a kind of strange ancient book floating inside, with strange characters on its surface and mysterious design... as if it was a scripture from the ancient times...

Then, Ling Tian's pupils shrunk as he realized what this object is.

Sacred Heavenly Scriptures!

27