Chapter 491 (Vol 2) – So, You’re The One Who Let Them Slaughter The Family In The Past?
1.2k 1 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Stop right there."

Ling Tian's low and indifferent voice softly spread out, instantly stopping a group of people who had finally arrived.

The people stopped without hesitation when they heard this simple word, but it was because they felt a strange chill as that indifferent voice reached each of them!

Although they did not know why a simple word from a young man with an appearance of just over 20 years old made them feel so much fear and shivers, they thought it was just luck and did not take it seriously.

Ling Tian, Yun Mengxin and the others looked indifferently at the new people who had arrived, a total of more than 10 people, while still continuing to arrive until they counted just over 50 people in a few seconds.

When most of the people who arrived first saw Ling Tian and the others, many were stunned at the sight of Yun Mengxin and the others, especially the young men who were. The few women who were there looked enviously at Yun Mengxin and the women, while casting flirtatious and coy glances at Ling Tian.

"Ling Guosheng!" Instantly, a man in his 50s took a few steps and said while looking at Ling Guosheng alone, as if he didn't care about Ling Tian and the others.

"Dongfang Jin..." Ling Guosheng squinted his eyes and returned his gaze, speaking firmly without showing weakness.

"Looks like you have new guests." Dongfang Jin spoke again, this time, finally turning to look at Ling Tian for a few seconds with obvious sneer in his eyes before shifting his gaze to the others. His gaze lit up as it fell on the women, not hiding those leering, expectant eyes at the sight of them. Then, he added, "I think you're clear that you should notify me about these new people. I don't think you want to add to a few little problems we've had pending for a couple of years..."

The other young men also showed those lecherous and lustful looks when they observed the spectacular and perfect beauties of Yun Mengxin and the other women. They had never seen such beautiful and gorgeous women!

Like fairies and goddesses!

Moreover, all of them were angry and furious to see that their supposed female companions and partners had fallen in love with Ling Tian, it hit them hard in their pride as men!

At the same time, each of them tried to show their best aura and pose to attract women while at the same time throwing murderous glances at Ling Tian.

But unlike all of them, Yun Mengxin and the other women scowled in disgust and annoyance as they felt his glares on them. Therefore, some of them released their spirit senses without a second thought and fiercely struck all those men, frightening and filling them with terror as they felt that incredible force.

Then, another more powerful force shook everyone and dozens of the men fell unconscious to the ground. At once, the remaining dozen people gripped their swords tightly and put on extremely serious expressions.

Ling Tian let out a faint cold, sneering snort. He would not forgive anyone who looked at his wives in such a way.

Donfang Jin raised his eyebrows in surprise, but did not move to further shock and said to Ling Tian, "You seem to have some amazing tricks." He thought that such a move of Ling Tian's only succeeded because it had been sudden and nothing else!

Ling Tian simply gave him an indifferent and scornful look, which annoyed Donfang Jin inwardly.

Several more people arrived, tightly clenching the grips of their swords and other weapons as they saw that several of them had fallen unconscious. Yet, they still did not rush over and stayed a step behind Donfang Jing, as if waiting for his command at any moment.

"What are you doing here? Last time you said you weren't interested in this place or what happened to us." Ling Guosheng spoke with indifference and a hint of coldness, looking seriously at Donfang Jin.

"And I still don't care what happens to you..." Donfang Jin snorted derisively and then added, "But when you receive special visitors you must let me know." His gaze swept over Ling Tian and the others again.

"Are you afraid that I will secretly form a rebellion and fight against you?" Ling Guosheng said mockingly.

Finally, Donfang Jin scowled as he heard Ling Guosheng's mockery, then he replied, "You wouldn't dare, you couldn't bear to see people die for your mere ambitions. Even if you did that, it would only be a waste of time. After all, we have countless masters and grandmasters on our side. Even the practitioner world has to give us face." Donfang Jin said with a haughty expression full of arrogance, "Although you and Wu Dan were great powerhouses that could threaten us years ago because of the strength you had, now you are but shadows of what you were back then. If not for me, you would have already been attacked long ago by all those various forces." Donfang Jing raised his arms as if showing his glory and prestige while, at the same time, people and more people who were hiding in the surroundings came and stood behind him and his subordinates.

More than 50 people were gathered, ranging from young people to adults and old people who were transmitting powerful auras. Although they were quite a lot and showed expressions full of murderous intent, Hao Zhentian and the others sighed with a feeling of annoyance and sneer at seeing that the strongest of them was barely at the Nascent Soul level and the weakest at the Chi Gathering level.

"So why didn't you do it?" Ling Guosheng was undeterred and asked with obvious angry and somber expression. Although he already knew the reason behind it, he couldn't help but get angry.

"Because I expect you to deliver the Ling family treasure in a good way." Donfang Jin smiled mockingly and said, telling the reason behind all this, "The Ling family is unaware of the history of its past, so from my side and the others we have avoided telling it. Besides there's no use for you to keep refusing to hand over the past immortality items because you couldn't put it to good use since you're dying. If you hand over everything, I promise that I will take care of the Ling family and will not let anything happen to them, let alone be attacked by the practitioner world. That way, your Ling family will be able to live in harmony and peace."

Indeed, Ling Guosheng was not surprised, but on the contrary, he became angrier when he heard the sarcasm Donfang Jin was saying. Clearly Donfang Jing was unwilling to keep his promise and was only after the family's legacy in the past.

"And if you're not willing, I don't think I can keep all these powerful individuals who are just waiting around at bay." Donfang Jin smirked, trying to psychologically weaken Ling Guosheng: "This time, I can promise that no one will attack the Ling family and they can live in peace, as long as you surrender, give up your strength and hand over the family legacy."

Although well Donfang Jin might win if they fought, he was still aware that they would have to lose some men and he didn't want that. Now there was a struggle for power and he needed to keep all his men alive as much as he could, that way, he could increase his strength and power as well as prestige throughout the world, both on the secular side and on the practitioner side.

Ling Guosheng, Wu Dan and Ling Ahlang were strong, so Donfang Jin was no fool and had been planning everything for a long time to weaken and kill them without losing much of his share.

"I'd rather die and give up my life than give you what you want!" Ling Guosheng exclaimed loudly, glaring fiercely at Donfang Jin and added, "As a guardian and one of the last survivors of the Ling family in the past, I will fight to protect its offspring and not let anything happen to them!" His one hand tightly clenched the wielder of the sword Wu Dan had passed to him.

Ling Guosheng was not going to let anything happen to the family!

That family heritage and legacy was what his ancestors had fought for!

He would defend even with his last drop of blood the Ling family!

Moreover, he would not let anything happen to Ling Tian! He had finally found him and would not lose his family again!

Wu Dan and Ling Ahlang also fiercely clenched their swords, swallowing fiercely as they felt the tension that at any moment a horrible battle could break out.

Seeing this, the others on Donfang Jin's side let out scornful laughter as they nonchalantly swung their various weapons. Although Ling Tian and the others were with them, they thought they were mere mortalse and disregarded them. Therefore, they could end it all in just a few seconds and the great inheritances would be theirs.

"So, you're the one who let them slaughter the family in the past?"

Just as Donfang Jin was about to say an order to attack, an indifferent and shadowy voice swept through the place, halting the steps of most of the people who were about to move.

Ling Tian faintly glanced indifferently at Donfang Jin, but the latter only felt a horrible shiver run down his spine and began to sweat an intense cold, feeling short of breath and that at any moment he might die...

24