Chapter 4 – Running Away
77 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Solomon immediately summoned Red Streak and hopped on top.

He quickly sped through his lair, leaving only a red light in sight.

He made twists and turns, skipping many rooms on his way.

"I doubt a Cloud Realm warrior can be so easily defeated! My restrictions will only buy me a couple of minutes...."

Solomon made his way to his most important rooms. Although Solomon kept his life saving treasures with him at all times, there were many important non-combat items he stored in his lair.

Along the way to his treasure rooms, Solomon noticed the ground was littered with broken chains and other restrictions.

"He was actually able to get this far without me knowing...."

A fiery panic was set in Solomon's eyes.

"I definitely need to leave as soon as I can!"

Solomon made another detour and decided that of his twelve treasure rooms, he would only visit three.

"The alchemy rooms! Those are the most important rooms here..."

Of Solomon's twelve treasure rooms, three were dedicated to weapons for refining, three were dedicated to items with nostalgic value, three were dedicated to his restriction research, and three were dedicated to his alchemy!

Solomon stored many pill recipes and elixirs within his alchemy rooms. There were many rare pills that could sell high! There were many pills he had saved to boost his cultivation!

If he had to salvage a room during this crisis, it was going to be an alchemy room.

Solomon sped through the tunnels like a madman.

He stopped when he arrived at a golden door.

With no hesitation, he kicked the door open and began putting everything into a spatial bag. Once everything was devoured by his bag, he immediately moved to the next room.

After three minutes had passed, Solomon was in the middle of storing the second alchemy room. Just as he put in the last item, a loud explosion could be heard. Shortly following the explosion was an echoing voice.

"Sky Master Solomon! Dare to resist no longer! I'm coming for you!"

Hearing the coming threat, Solomon gave up the idea of harvesting the last alchemy room. He gloomily shot toward the lair exit.

By the time Solomon escaped, only six minutes had passed.

Once he was outside, Solomon continued to speed through the jungle and away from his lair. After he was a good distance away, Solomon took a piece of jade from his spatial bag.

With an aggrieved look, Solomon crushed the jade.

A large pillar of light then appeared where Solomon's lair had been.

Apart from the thousands of red chain restrictions, Solomon had also covered his base with hundreds of destruction seals. He had never expected to actually activate the seals, but he knew that if left unhindered, Master Soul Cloud would soon catch up to him.

The huge explosion destroyed everything around it. The mighty mountain toppled over as its base was destroyed.

"Hmmph! You may have survived the my red chain restrictions, but can you survive the activation of hundreds of destruction seals? Can you survive the weight of an entire mountain falling on you?!"

Solomon didn't dare look back as he raced as far away as he could. His face was ghostly pale and covered in sweat.

"That was way too close.... I said he wouldn't survive, but I don't have the balls to go back and check... I may sound arrogant, but I'm not dumb enough to deliver myself to possible doom!"


Solomon had traveled non-stop for two hours. Whenever he felt tired, he would waste no expense to recover.

During his escape, he had used well over a dozen pills.

He had traveled at least fifty miles and had change direction many times. He was also careful to hide his tracks.

Solomon finally decided to take a break. He had just escaped a catastrophe, and although his body was fine due to pill consumption, he was very, very fatigued mentally.

Solomon took a deep breath as he sat in the shade of a large tree. He then pulled out many dishes from his spatial bag and began to eat.

"I lost a lot in my lair... If I knew this was going to happen, I would have sold them all before hand..."

The lair Solomon had built composed of many restrictions and seals. It also stored many valuable items. Solomon was in pain as he could have easily sold his lost belongings for at least two hundred dollars.

"Well, I guess I'll log off now. Too much has happened and I need to sleep... I got school tomorrow too..."

Solomon sat down calmly and kept the idea to log off in his head.

In order to prevent combat logging, the game was designed so that as long as malicious intent was targeted at you, and as long as it could affect you within a three minutes, you would not be able to log off. Of course, you could not be taken hostage in the virtual world like this. The developers made a sure-to-work method that would allow a person to log out. The drawback, however, would be that half of you belongings would be dropped, and your cultivation would be decreased by half for a week. You would then have to log in within a day or else you character would be killed.


After a few moments, Solomon was transported to his empty Hub World.

In order to vent his frustration, Solomon decided to send a message to Saber King Matthew.

HumbleHut: Oi, duck faced geezer, how's that hacking coming along? Can you use your morning yoga to virtually fight the privacy protection?

Solomon imagined the comedic seen of a bald old man in kung fu clothing ready to fight his computer.

Solomon's mood lifted a bit after sending his toxic message. He was then surprised at a quick response.

User 10052: Who are you calling duck faced? Wait... is my account not private?!?!?! Screw you, you hacker! You hacked me, didn't you?! You're gonna regret it! I'ma beat you 'til your parents don't recognize you!

HumbleHut: Your account is public, dude. Everyone's able to see your dumb rants against those m*sical.ly kids...

Saber King Matthew didn't respond. Solomon guessed that the Rage King was in a state of panic, trying to figure out how to change his account to private.

Solomon felt a sting of guilt for trash talking an old man, but reassured himself when he remembered that said man spent his days on the internet ranting about everything.

Solomon laughed as he prepared to turn off his VR equipment.

"This guy is a pain to the eyes, but I guess he's pretty amusing to mess with."

0