Chapter 8 – Online Scum
53 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Solomon held his head as he groaned.

There was a throbbing pain at the back of his head and his vision blurred.

What had hit him?

Solomon twisted his neck to look behind him.

All he saw was an incoming baseball bat!

Thud!

Solomon's head swiveled back around and he let out another long groan of pain.

"What the heck is this! I'm trapped in a window getting pummeled by a baseball bat! I came here to make myself feel better, not to awaken my masochism!" Solomon gloomily thought.

I should've just logged out immediately to play something else... I could've been using a new program by this time. 

Solomon was about to turn around again when he felt a violent chill shoot down his spine. He had the feeling that if he made any sudden movements, then he would be assaulted once again.

"St-still not dead yet? I guess I'll go with another strike!"

The quivering voice of a girl entered Solomon's ears.

"Ah, Ah! You're LittleRedBird, aren't you! What are you doing? This isn't a fighting game! If you wanted to bash people on the head, then go play M*rtal Combat or something! Don't go around hitting casual players, you gorilla!"

"Wh-what?! I'm the gorilla?! That's not something you call a girl! You're the gorilla! You're a gorilla in a suit!" the frail voice replied.

Solomon held his pain not in pain, but because of how dull this girl was. He then felt the malicious intent of the bat and realized he wasn't in the position to scold the girl.

"I meant you're violent like a gorilla! Not that you are one! I actually like gorillas, though! I wouldn't look like one right now if I didn't!"

Solomon lied. He was beginning to hate gorillas. This stupid gorilla avatar was the reason why he was stuck in the first place.

"Can you help me out now?" Solomon pleaded.

The girl's voice seemed to hesitate before answering.

"F-fine, I guess I feel bad for hitting you..."

Solomon held onto the baseball bat so that the girl could help pull him out while he pushed his way out with his legs. 

With the girl's help, Solomon was freed.

Once Solomon was safely standing on the roof, he was finally able to get a good look at his assailant.

It was a pretty girl around his age dressed in a baggy sweater and sweat pants. She only stood up to his gorilla shoulders. She had light brown hair and fair skin.

"Why the heck are you assaulting the other users?!" 

That was the first thing Solomon blurted out once he was out of the window.

It seemed Solomon's loud gorilla voice startled the girl. She reflexively readied her baseball bat for a swing.

Solomon sneered in his heart.

"Ha! You think I'm scared of you anymore?! I was in a bad position before, but now how can your teenage girl avatar match up to the physique of a gorilla!"

"Y-you got it wrong! I didn't know you were another user!"

What do you mean? Did FaceMask make an unannounced update for gorilla raids? Since when!

"N-no one really uses FaceMask anymore... It took me by surprise when I saw a gorilla crawling out the window.... You looked like a monster..."

LittleRedBird's voice grew fainter and fainter as she talked.

Solomon didn't know whether to laugh or cry.... No! It was neither! He definitely wanted to scold both this air-headed girl and his younger self!

Younger me, why did you choose such a bizarre appearance?! Do you know how much trouble it's caused for future you?! I was mistaken for a game monster!

And you air-head! Why are you hitting without speaking?! If you get surprised at people for joining a public server, then go find a single-player program!

Solomon was too worn out to actually scold the girl. He knew it wouldn't get him anywhere, so he decided to just let it go. He was already satisfied looking down on the girl's intelligence.

"Why are you even playing this dead game?" Solomon asked.

Solomon only stayed online since he was curious about the last user of this dying program.

LittleRedBird blushed.

"I like the atmosphere here... It's usually quiet and peaceful here.... I come here to clear my thoughts... What are you doing here?"

Why does it feel like this is my fault now! What am I? The big bad gorilla who invaded a young girl's privacy?!

Wait... I'm not even sure this is a girl. This might be some middle-aged man who wants to know what it's like to be a girl in her youth!

You sicko! Your real reason for being alone here is probably to appease your disgusting desires! When you saw another user find your pervert paradise, you decided to bash their head in! That's definitely it!

"Just you wait until I call the authorities on you!" Solomon thought.

It then hit Solomon  that he could not report this scoundrel. FaceMask was designed everything about its users private. There was no way for Solomon to report this pervert successfully.

I'll have to catfish this guy, then...

Solomon was determined to rid the internet of another predator! He would gain the trust of this air-head until he got enough information to report him!

LittleRedBird had a confused expression.

She had no idea what vile thoughts Solomon had about her, and she patiently waited for him to say something.

 Solomon realized he had left her question hanging. He wanted to "befriend" this pervert and thought that his original purpose to rant would scare them away, so he lied.

"I wanted to... enjoy the snowy scene here! I used to use FaceMask a lot, and I missed the peaceful atmosphere that you came here for too! Yup! That's what I came here for!"

Solomon puffed out his gorilla chest as he heroically thought.

"Just you wait you fiend! I'll have you swatted in no time!"

0