Chapter 13 – Conflicted
35 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Nah! Why would I do that! I came here to study, not to mess around!"

Solomon ultimately decided against joining a lobby.

If he joined one, he wouldn't be able to hide behind an avatar.

Since he was using a public Vr set, he was required to use his actual face. He didn't want people to recognize him and he didn't feel like getting to know random strangers. They would be sure to drag him away from his studies..... not that he was doing that himself....

Solomon pushed the pile of comics and novels to the side and decided to watch video lessons.

You can't go wrong with video lessons! They're full of knowledge and guidance! They're definitely not sources of entertainment!

Solomon clicked on video after video.

He started with Calculus then to Chemistry.

He went from Chemistry to Physics.

He went from Physics to M*th Busters.

He accidentally went from M*th Busters to "top ten tricks when it comes to talking to people" because of a mis-click.

He went from M*th Busters to ghost hunting.

He went from Ghost hunting to Gh*st B*sters.

He went from Gh*st B*sters to popular media.

Finally, he went from popular media to tech updates.

After getting led along a rabbit hole of topics, Solomon had strayed far from the math lessons he came for.

His resolve for studying was apparently very weak.

Soon he was reading updates and blogs on the tech advancements. Maybe there were some good Vr updates in there.

"Oh, they finally confessed to having six hour time distortion... That must mean they've already developed seven times too. When will they be honest with the public?"

"Hmm? They almost have a vaccine for the common cold? It's been taking them a while now.... Maybe they're embezzling the funds?"

"What?! The military developed l*ght s*bers?! Maybe my dreams of watching j*di kendo will come true!"

Solomon was scrolling through dozens of updates. Each update was just as interesting as the last to Solomon.

The update were mostly made by large companies or government agencies, but once in a while some lone wolf researchers would post their discoveries.

Of course not just anyone could post their research on the tech research sites. You would have had made a bit of a name for yourself.

Of all the rogue researchers, his favorite was Stan Grey.

He couldn't really be considered a rogue anymore because he now owned one of the leading corporations now, but back when he was all on his own, he had been the one to create the first intelligent AI's. He also developed hover-boards and made the Hollywood famous holograms a reality!

Doctor Grey had also created multiple robotic suits the that were looked at as the modern tanks of the world. Around this time was when Doctor Grey established his corporation. He worked with the government on many advancements soon after.

Although he was now part of a large organization, Solomon still saw Doctor Grey as one of the lone wolf researches. He merely had more hands to work with now.

Solomon was taken by surprise when he saw an update by the renown doctor.

Usually updates were posted by Grey corp., but for some reason it came directly from the doctor's account.

Hello everyone!

I am aware that Vr technology is not exactly my forte, but I wanted to try my hand at it anyways. I am proud to reveal that I have been working on my own MMO for the past six months! It will be a while until it is actually released, but I can assure you it is something to look forward to. It will have aspects from all your favorite genres. Be it the magic and sorcery of arcane wizards or the profound spells of immortals. Be it the grand giants of kaiju or mechs. Be it the world of superheroes and super-villains or a torn apocalypse full of zombies. The game will have it all! I'm sure all of your interests have been piqued and you cannot wait. Worry not, for I will occasionally provide some beta testing for all! Your favorite MMO's have been contacted and have agreed to help. Whether it is the aspect of small, new games or the qualities of the MMO giants, everyone will work together to make an all-encompassing hit that will shake the world! I am not too sure when the official release will be, but when it comes, it's sure to be grand.

Please keep a look out for further updates.

-Stanford Grey

Solomon had conflicted thoughts. A game by such a famous researcher was sure to be expensive! Would he have money when it was released? Should he hold onto his funds until the day comes?

No! What was even more conflicting was that his favorite lone wolf researcher was going to create a trash game!

Stick to a single genre you madman! Why are you throwing mechs into the world of xianxia?! Why is the H*lk going to fight zombies?!

It was going to be a jumbled mess of everything! Was the genius at tech actually an idiot when it came to game design?

Nonetheless, Solomon was looking forward to the game's release.

After reading the update five times over, as if searching for hidden clues for some solution to a murder, Solomon checked his timer.

Three minutes!

"Crap! I wasted too much time! Doctor Grey! You wasted my precious study time with your update!"

Even with the library keeping him away from his games, he was still unable to stay focused.

Solomon scrambled back to the messy pile of books on the floor, trying to stuff as many words into his head as possible.

A self mocking expression covered his face as he realized how far he strayed from his original purpose.

0