Chapter 14 – Entering the World of Immortals
48 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The rest of the school week was uneventful and it was now Saturday.

Solomon finally turned in his share for the class funds. He was also able to recover his math grade with the next quiz. It seemed his studying, albeit very washed out studying, payed off.

Saber King Matthew also never failed to tell Solomon that he had missed a chance of a lifetime by rejecting the elixir. He said he was foolish and that he should watch out for the inevitable day when he would hack him.

Solomon didn't care about the old fart's threats. The geezer had his Vr account for two years and hadn't figured out how to set it to private until a couple days ago. At this rate, it would take Saber King Matthew one hundred years to get the basics of hacking down. It would probably take another thousand for him to get proficient enough to stand a chance against the privacy protection.

As for the pervert who prowled FaceMask, Solomon never encountered them again. He had checked every day to see if he could squeeze out more information from the fiend, but unfortunately they never showed up. Every time Solomon logged in, the servers would be completely empty.

Had the pervert really been driven out? Although Solomon had been able to catch the fiend, he was able to at least stop them from committing the crime further. Or was he? Now that the pervert's paradise was gone, they may have moved on to another more populated program! Did Solomon mess up? At least before the pervert restricted them self to FaceMask! Now that Solomon scared them off, he had unleashed a pent up pervert to the public!

I need to atone for my mistake... If we meet again, I'll definitely report you to the authorities!

Some of you may be thinking, "Why doesn't Solomon tell the creator of FaceMask to track the pervert for him?"

The answer was simple. The game had basically died because the developer let it die. The developer suddenly stopped checking on FaceMask and development was permanently put on hold. FaceMask used to be the number one Vr chat program, but when the developer stopped checking logs and updating, the users slowly migrated to more active programs. For some strange reason, although the game ceased its updates and the developer stopped responding, the servers continued to stay up. Even after a year of the program's death, the servers continued to run.

Solomon had already approached the problems he had gotten over the week. All that was left to settle was selling his items in Immortals of the Skies.

Solomon  was floating in his Hub World. He had already replied to Saber King Matthew's daily message. All that was left was to do was enter the game.


Solomon found himself back under the large tree.

He carefully looked around his surroundings.

"Even if Master Soul Cloud was able to track me here, I doubt he would camp for six days." Solomon thought.

Solomon reorganized his equipment just in case.

His character, Sky Master Solomon, was very muscular. It wasn't to the point of a body builder, however, and was more lean and slim.

A large white robe covered up most of his figure, and thus hid the tanned muscle of his character.

Bushy light brown hair topped his head and his equally light brown eyes appeared as if they were shining.

"I've still got a few restriction blocks and I have multiple destruction seal covered beads."

"The speed talismans are also fully charged.... The spirit recovery pills are kinda low now though....."

Solomon hadn't really lost much from his lair's destruction. Only his pride and income were damaged.

He would usually keep his important items on him. Things like attack and defense talismans, immortal treasures, spirit recover items, and self refined tools were kept in his bags of holdings.

It was only the spirit recovery items  and a few escape items that were used up during the chase.

When he was running from Master Soul Cloud, Solomon had used three high quality pills and at least a dozen medium quality pills. He had also used up several speed talismans to the point where they could no longer be recharged. It seems his sudden, taxing use of them had worn them out.

After making sure all of his equipment could be summoned at any moment, Solomon brought out the Red Streak and immediately hopped on. The red light then zoomed away into the distance.

Solomon whizzed around the trees and would occasionally grab a passing fruit.

He would let out a loud yell of excitement every now and then just to see the frightened birds fly away.

He was acting very casually. It was as if the events with Master Soul Cloud had never happened.

Along the way, Solomon saw towering trees that were easily the size of skyscrapers. Giant vines fell from their branches like serpents.

Bizarre creatures would stare at Solomon's passing figure.

There were ostrich like animals with the heads of lizards.

There were blue elephants with multiple tusks.

There were even winged panthers that glided from branch to branch above Solomon!

This really was a world of immortals! This is what drew him into the genre in the first place! A world filled with fantastical animals and plants. A world which could not be seen in reality!

After thirty minutes of travel, Solomon arrived at a small creek.

The little stream of water flowed over a fallen tree and let out a soothing ambiance.

He looked left an right, up and down. He was searching for any disturbances in the area. He was searching for signs that someone had been here.

"Sky Master Solomon, you sure did take your time! I was beginning to think you were backing out!"

A heroic voice resounded from above.

A youth dropped from the trees. He was tall and pale. He had ink black hair to contrast. His looks were well chiseled, and if he were to exist in real life, idol groups would be fighting over him. Unfortunately this person did not exist in real life, or rather, this person did not look or sound like this in real life.

This youth was actually the human rice cake Zachary!

"Zach, you know don't really play on the school days. Especially when my math grade was as low as it was."

"Oh come on! Quit being a goody goody! You call a C plus low? You're already doing well! You're already in Calculus two while I'm still stuck in pre-Cal! I have a D too! You should be happy to have a C when you're so far ahead of this young master! And don't call me Zach! Call me Lord Tranquility!"

Solomon was not comforted by his friends words at all. It just made him feel worse that his friend was asking him to settle for a lower grade just because his friend was behind.

"Well whatever! I'm here now. Where's Joey?"

"Over here."

Solomon turned toward the voice and saw a skinny boy arose from the ground. His entire body was covered in mud and dirt. It was hard to tell his appearance.

Joey's character was nicknamed "Master Gaia" because of his skilled ability to hid his presence. It was as if he was one with the earth, hence the name Gaia. Joey was only at the middle stage of Earth Realm, but had been able to evade peak Earth Realm warriors like Solomon. Joey had even escaped a Cloud Realm warrior with his expert presence concealment.

"Well, everyone's here now so I guess I'll hand you all of the items."

Solomon tossed a spatial bag toward Zachary, or should I say Lord Tranquility.

Lord Tranquility immediately peeked inside and was awed by what he saw.

"You got Old Po's sledge hammer? You got the Flute of Stillness too! I don't know which I want to keep!"

"You can keep the cheapest one, nothing else! I want to get my money as soon as possible."

Lord Tranquility's expression darkened at the words, but eventually put the spatial bag away.

Solomon then threw another spatial bag to Lord Gaia.

"You two go sell them for as much as you can. I'll watch you from the distance to make sure you don't get robbed."

The two nodded to Solomon before going separate ways to sell the items.

"I guess I'm almost done with this game, huh? I won't reach the Sky Realm, but things'll get repetitive soon. It's better that I stop playing now while the feeling's still magical."

Solomon took in the surroundings. What would the next world be like?

0