Chapter 15 – Immortal Will
68 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

From the side of a large mountain grew a tree.

The tree towered over all of the other trees around it, providing a great view of the land around it.

The tree was like the king of the jungle overlooking its subjects.

A tan youth leisurely sat on one of the large branches. He was eating a juicy fruit that didn't exist on earth. His bushy, brown hair blew according to the wind.

From his vantage point, the young man could observe everything that happened within the two small towns at the base of the mountain.

This youth was Solomon.

Because of his infamy, Solomon couldn't enter many towns. If he wanted to visit, he would need to spend a lot of effort on a disguise.

Rather than going through the trouble of concealing himself, it was much easier for him to ask his friends to sell items for him.

Although his friends Lord Tranquility and Master Gaia weren't high ranking players, he had faith that they wouldn't encounter problems they couldn't handle.

Solomon had gifted them multiple items to help increase their attack and defense capabilities. He also gave multiple items to aid in their escape should they meet troublesome enemies.

Should such a situation arise, Solomon would bolt down the mountain to help them.

The only problem that could stem from this strategy would be if both Master Gaia and Lord Tranquility were attacked at the same time. Solomon naturally couldn't be at two places at once.

The best solution to this was within Solomon's spatial bag.

Solomon pulled out an orange lightning bolt that stretched about the length of his index finger.

This odd colored bolt of lightning was actually a strand of immortal will!

Immortal will came in all kinds of forms. They could come as rain from the clouds, waves from the seas, dust in the wind, fire, magma from the earth, and lightning!

Immortal wills came in colors that ranked their power. The order from weakest to strongest was white, red, orange, yellow, green, cyan, blue, purple, and finally black. The colored wills could then be divided by effectiveness against warrior realms. White and red caused problems for Mortal Realm warriors, however with enough skill they could recover or protect themselves.  If they were to face an orange bolt, however, they would have little chance at survival. Likewise, Earth Realm Warriors would have trouble with orange and yellow immortal wills and get stumped by a green immortal will. Following this order, Cloud Realm Warriors could handle green and cyan wills. Finally, Sky Realm Warriors would struggle with blue and purple Immortal wills. The highest ranking Sky Realm Warriors would still find their bane against black colored immortal wills. These immortal wills  were definitely game changers!

The immortal wills could be further strengthened and be refined. Immortal wills could be refined by either cultivators or be refined naturally. Cultivator-refined wills increased the power of the will depending on the warrior's cultivation realm. A naturally refined immortal, however, was leagues above a artificially refined will of the same rank. Naturally refined wills would have less gaps in their formation, allowing a more explosive power to be unleashed.

Solomon held the bolt of immortal will while covering his hand in a white cloth. His eyes were full of caution as he handled it. If he were to hold it barehanded, the bolt would likely shoot into his hand and damage his meridians until he was wasted!

Of course he had other counter measures for this, but why would he waste perfectly good resources along with a highly coveted immortal will?

Solomon planned that should trouble arise for both his companions, he would send the bolt toward one town as he traveled to the other. This would hopefully provide enough time for his friend to escape.

"Too bad it's only of the orange rank. I've been refining it ever since I got it, but it seems this is as strong as I could make it... If I were able to refine it into a yellow immortal will, that Master Soul Cloud would have been in for a big hit!"

Solomon shrugged. At least he had a piece of immortal will. It would still prove to be useful. It could probably sell for a lot when he was done with the game.

"I was really lucky to come across that heavenly storm!"


When Solomon had just entered the Earth Realm, he was travelling alone through a canyon. A storm had been forming in above the canyon for weeks, and Solomon thought it would be the perfect place to cultivate.

Solomon's cultivation method relied on absorbing the spiritual energy from the skies. Rain, clouds, and lightning were all things that Solomon used to increase his power.

He had been cultivating there, absorbing the stormy energy for weeks when the clouds suddenly condensed into one.

Solomon had no idea that he was beneath a heavenly storm and was baffled by the scene. He foolishly absorbed the dense spiritual energy and was at the peak of early Earth Realm.

Solomon sucked up as much energy as he could, and in turn directed the storms focus on him.

Lightning crackled across the surface of the clouds. First it was white like normal lightning. Then it soon turning red. By the time Solomon realized the coming danger, the lightning in the clouds turned orange and struck at Solomon who was directing a large amount of spiritual energy toward himself.

The lighting stretched the length of a tall tree and snaked its way toward Solomon like a dragon.

Solomon only had a split second to react, and he quickly pulled out his most powerful defensive treasure. Solomon threw a silver token toward the bolt of immortal will. The coin began absorbing as much off the immortal will as it could. It only lasted for a few breaths before it rusted and finally burst. The lightning then continued on its path toward Solomon.

The time the silver token provided Solomon gave him enough time to take out the Red Streak and speed away.

Solomon's speed was fast. The Red Streak's speed combined with his peak early Earth Realm power allowed him to travel faster than he ever had. Unfortunately, his speed was still insignificant in face of the immortal will.

In order to stall for more time, Solomon sent out treasure after treasure. Each treasure, no matter how important to Solomon, made seemingly no difference to the lightning. The combined defense of ten treasure would only stop the coming danger for a second!

Solomon had used up dozens of treasures and he was about to run out completely! Although the orange light was slightly red now, Solomon had no hope of outlasting it.

Rather than wasting his spiritual energy on running, Solomon decided that he would only stand a chance by confronting it with his body.  He had no hope of dispelling the chasing lighting. Even if he were to weaken it, if the bolt were to reach him when he was out of spiritual energy, it would still be like a mortal getting struck by normal lightning!

Solomon pasted dozens of spirit gathering slips onto his body. He then threw handful after handful of pills into his mouth. Once his meridians were sucking in spirit energy like crazy, Solomon put Red Streak away and faced the lightning!

The bolt entered through his chest and he was immediately knocked back several yards.

Solomon lay with a weakened consciousness as he combated the foreign power in his body. Excruciating pain could be felt. It was as if his a fire was tearing through his meridians. The pain was so great, he couldn't even let out a sound. Although pain was dulled within the Vr world, the constant tingling would still feel like torture.

All of Solomon's focus was on staying awake and keeping the danger at bay. If he collapsed now, he would die for sure! If he were to die, he would have to start over from the mid stage of Mortal Realm. He would also lose all of his items!

Solomon's body was completely vulnerable. If someone were to find him, all they would need to do was give him a good smack! If his mind were to wander for even a second, the immortal will would break past his spiritual energy and end him!

Solomon sent his power directly toward the immortal will. Solomon attempted to enclose the lightning with his spiritual energy so he could push it back out. As soon as his energy would make contact with it, the energy would dissipate. Luckily, Solomon had used numerous resources to increase his spirit recovery. He was just barely able to keep up with the destruction within his body.

Solomon laid in the middle of the jungle. A crackle of orange electricity would occasionally flicker around his body. After what felt like days, but was probably only an hour or two, Solomon was able to force out the immortal will. The once large lighting was now only the length of his index finger.

Solomon wrapped the bolt in a cloth and used the last of his spirit energy to throw it into his spatial bag. His clothes were charred and his meridians were completely void of spirit energy.

Immediately after putting the bolt away, Solomon collapsed and was forcefully logged off  from Immortals of the Skies.

0