V.2-Ch.39: Ye Yuyan’s Anger
309 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the skies above Yunshi rippled thousands of red lights, afterimages of an intense fight continued as red light zoomed across the sky leaving Qi trails. Yunshi sat in lotus form in careful meditation as his demonic aspect slowly undid the restrictions of the shadow chains.

The pulsing shadow force entered the chains and fused with the restriction marks, slowly filling it up until it was dispelled. This one of the techniques of the Shadow sect, Restriction marking.

It was once said that the orthodox school that bearers cultivated was not their true Dao. This theory has some basis as each Venerated Bearer mastered two schools, one that already existed and one they created.

The Shadow sect claims ancestry with the Bearer of Twilight, who founded the shadow Dao. But he had another school which he created, the restriction Dao.

At that moment in the skies, a massive red light filled the heavens as a powerful energy detonated. The distant roar of a mighty dragon could be heard amidst the explosive sounds.

"Agh!" the grunted breath resounded throughout the skies, as a red beam of light crashed into the shadow chains suddenly.

Yunshi's eyes flashed open with confusion as he turned to see Wu Han's body laid against the shadow chains. His entire body was riddled with wounds and a deep claw gash across his chest that seemed to beat.

"Wu Han!" Yunshi said fearfully as he got up from meditation and flashed in front of Wu Han.

"Too late, Yunshi." A draconic voice spoke echoing through the world, suddenly two predator eyes shined from the smoke and ash in the sky. A massive beast emerged from the ashes, revealing a terrifying draconic form with blood for wings!

"Wait, Alister! Does your master truly want to fight the shadow sect? We only wish to open up Heaven's Realm. Let me open these restrictions and we'll leave promptly." Yunshi pleaded as he cupped his hands respectfully towards Alister's draconic form.

"Do you think I am so naïve? The moment that restriction opens, the lightning veil around Heaven's Realm will open and your Foglord could easily enter Heaven's Realm." The blood dragon sneered as it spoke, its massive form flew down from the limit of the skies coming down before Yunshi.

Yunshi's tiny form was but a speck in front of the sky devouring dragon, a hint of fear flashed through Yunshi's eyes as his plots were revealed.

"What?!?" Yunshi said as his body shrunk back taking multiple light steps as if he was walking on eggshells.

"Master has long known about your Venerables method to enter, he's long-anticipated your pathetic attack." Alister continued to say, his voice booming through the realm and piercing into Yunshi's ears like a thousand curses.

"You..." Yunshi tried to say but a sudden spike in blood force stopped him. He felt intense nomological energy gather onto the blood dragon, thousands of lines from the Great Dao appeared across its massive body.

"But I'll do you a favor, and open those restrictions!" Alister's massive body shined as the blood lightning condensed towards its mouth. The lightning coiled around his body creating a massive lightning cowl, the sky entire sky was engulfed by his body.

"Now die!" He roared as the all-consuming blood forces shot out from his mouth. A beam the size of a great world blasted out towards Yunshi. Yunshi's eyes narrowed with crazed fear as he tried to fuse with his aspect but he was too late.

In an instant, a massive red light burst into the skies as a red beam ascended past the firmament into the high heavens. The red lightning rippled without end as it shattered through the shadow chains, the sheer power slammed through pushing into the shadow mountain.

Suddenly a shadowy essence burst from the mountain cutting through the universal barrier around it, in the void a dark beam of energy shot through into the lightning veil. The veil rumbled as seething lightning barrier started to dissipate ever so slightly.

*************************

As the battle of shadow mountain ended, Chen Li stood in the void with Xia Yunyi as they stared into the blood portal.

Inside of the portal was a lavish throne room, the walls were decorated with murals depicting great battles.

The ground was made from the finest jade and the tone of a great dao hummed throughout creating an immortal impression, it was as though it was the finest immortal palace standing since time immemorial untouched and unstained.

The red throne at the center was unlike the rest, as it radiated an intensely ominous aura. The howls and bloodcurdling screams of millions of souls hovered below the throne. It was a construction of the most heinous methods known to mankind, the blood dao!

Seated atop the red throne was a young man dressed in shadowy robes, his dark eyes radiated a darkness not seen since primordial times.

He scowled as his gaze pierced through the void landing on Chen Li. Darkness filled the young man's left eye except for his white pupil that shone through the darkness with nomological patterns.

A cold sweat dripped down Chen Li's back as he met the horrifying gaze. The various great worlds and motes of light disappear before him as the void emptied becoming devoid of all life and being.

Space stretched and curve in every way possible as the darkness moved to consume all of existence. The supreme darkness consumed all things leaving not a single trace.

Then suddenly a bright light burst at the center of the darkness, it was like the light of Genesis as it propagated throughout the realm shining like a beacon in the absolute darkness.

The bright light illuminated Chen Li's solitary form, he scanned around with his perception only to realize the darkness spanned to the very limits of existence.

Only then did he realize his cosmic insignificance as the crushing weight of his weakness bore down on him crushing his little confidence. He looked up at the bright light and gasped fearfully.

There he saw Ye Yuyan standing with an intense white light propagating from him to the bounds of the universe. He stood stalwart as he radiated the light of a divine god standing above all things.

Suddenly the universe peeled away as Chen Li returned to the real world. His perception suddenly felt freed as he gazed at the blood portal to the throne room. There he saw Ye Yuyan sneering as he stood up from the red throne.

"It has been so long since I've seen a king cultivator." Ye Yuyan said as he spoke in a deep and piercing tone. His eyebrows furrowed ever so slightly as he kept a stoic expression. His body flashed into a blood light and suddenly he appeared in the void right next to Maven.

"What?!? How is he so fast?" Xia Yunyi said with narrowed eyes and a serious expression.

"You... so you're the man who killed my cousin." Chen Li growled through his clenched jaw, he clenched his fists as he aggression fully showcased.

"Your Verulyim kingdom is as pathetic as ever if that's all you could gather." Ye Yuyan mocked in a cold tone.

His words pierced into Chen Li's ears like the venomous hisses of a viper. Chen comes from the Legendary Bloodline Chen and their interests are deeply intertwined with the Verulyim kingdom.

His cousin Emily recruited him to come to investigate, but they separated when the Three powers formed an Alliance. He decided to work with the Lunar Palace to find the killer rather than follow his cousin.

"If you think quips are enough to escape your demise, then you are sadly mistaken." Xia Yunyi retorted with a resounding and booming voice.

"Your plans are far too easy to unravel..." Ye Yuyan's serious gaze melted as a sinister smile spread across his face.

"Wait... you..." Chen Li tried to say as a horrifying thought passed through his mind, but before he could finish his words suddenly a bolt of intense lightning burst through the void.

The lightning stabbed through the blood plains barrier at struck the temple without warning. Ye Yuyan raised his right palm and revealed a long gash across it that shined with seething blue lightning.

Chen Li's eyes shined with enlightenment as he saw the seething nomological powers in Ye Yuyan's palm.

"For the Twelve clans to dare to stand in my way..." Ye Yuyan said with a cold expression, the lightning barrier in the limits of the void dissipated faster and faster. Holes were already showing as the lightning condensed together at one point.

"It seems my slaughter from long ago was not enough for you." as Ye Yuyan spoke another lightning bolt struck the red temple, then it was a volley of lightning. All the lightning from the veil condensed and gathered as it shot towards the red temple. The temple lit up with blue motes of light as it became filled with heavenly power.

"This time I'll leave no survivor..." Ye Yuyan's eyes shined with heavenly might as his anger transmitted throughout the void. For the first time in almost a million years, the sight of a King Cultivator had awakened Ye Yuyan's anger!

3