14. Future destination.
1.5k 2 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well, this is awkward.

Right now we’re heading to a village that is located in the middle between Braensburg and ‘C’ dungeon. While the day is just started in time we left the dungeon, Fran spent almost all day left trying to use different techniques to pull katana out of its sheath. Well, unsuccessfully.

That is why I’m feeling somewhat awkward right now. No matter how you look at it - it is my fault giving her a cursed weapon that she can’t even discard.

*sigh*

Well, old ‘nothing I can do’ pal is doing his work in one way or another, but still, I could at least think a little, that some random weapon from a dungeon where all I found was cursed might be cursed as well. I wonder if my cigarette pack is also cursed in one way or another. I don't remember any curses while apprising it though.

I looked at the pack in my hands before picking up a new cigarette.

Ahh, even if you’re cursed, I still love you.

With that, I looked at Fran a little. She was leading the way in front of me while sometimes looking behind herself like wanting to ask something, but couldn’t find the words. Well, I won't judge her for that. I guess our full situation is strange as fuck.

But at least for now I can look at her comfier. While still being covered in blood in one way or another (don't even ask about me), I could see her pinkish colors in clothes. Why would she use pink for something like hakama and kimono sure is gonna be a wonder for me. But welp, this world is pretty colorful after all. And pink looks pretty good with her brown tail and her short brown hair and browny tanned skin. Pink and brown, huh. Not a bad combination.

Maybe.

I’m not good with styles.

But I like it anyway.

Still, I guess we should both wait until we reach the village before taking any kind of bath. I just hope two bloody beastgirls won’t be too much for village guys.

.

.

.

“W-what the hell is wrong with you two?”

Well, I guess it was a bit too much.

The village itself was just a little settlement with some houses and a small tavern for adventurers. It seems like it is rather unusual though. The is a town in only a few hours away and stuff, but because this village is near the dungeon and some other questing areas, it is a rather popular spot for adventurers. But right now it is empty.

Without answering a silly owner’s question I just threw him a bunch of coins asking for a room and a bath. We were told that all they could do is to provide some basins with water to do stuff like bath and laundry. Well, it seems enough, so we asked for some. After that Flan went to our room to take a bath while I just went to a backyard, a poured random water bucked on myself. Thanks to my stupid cursed rags that was all I needed to do. Thanks.

But still...it somehow even managed to wash my hair. I feel like even if you put this rags on a mannequin, it will make it clean nicely.

And so I had a smoke while doing some random exercises while waiting for Fran. I both want and don’t want to go to a room she is washing herself in right now, because I feel like I’m gonna do something bad right away. After some time she finally came to the backyard to do her laundry and gave me another stupefied look of hers. Well, I was sparkling clean from head to toe just because, so no wonder. I gave her a head pat and said not to think too much and went to ask for dinner.

As it seems in this village, people, or at least owner, not really care if we are a beast-races or not. But in the owner’s case, it should be just the fact that his little tavern is empty and any money income is welcome. And so I waited for some time until food is done and then went with it to our room, where Fran was already sitting in her pajama-like clothes and was messing up with her katana again.

*sigh*

“Well, thinka bout it latah. Lets eat for now.”

She suddenly jumped on a place like she was surprised to see me.

“Oh, ah...Yuki-san. I didn’t notice you at all, ahaha.” With a silly laugh, she sat with me to eat.

While eating Fran still was giving me some weird glances, so I finally said.

“If u wanna ask something, just ask dammit.”

She was surprised a little but still asked.

“Umm...Yuki-san, are you blind?”

“Gufu!” I almost choked. “Nope, why?”

“Well, looking at you I just thought so…”

That’s a rather rude thought, you know? Well, no matter the reason, that is a strange question.

“Welp, no. Im seeing stuff in front of me clear enough. Anything else?”

“Oh, okay. And umm...you have an interesting choice of clothes.”

Oh, here it finally comes. Well, I came up with an idea of how to describe it some time ago, so I just told her a story about me living somewhere far away, training hard and exploring dungeons. So I found some cursed stuff and was forced to go somewhere near civilization to search for ways to lift the curse. But I couldn’t understand why people always say that they don't like beastman and stuff. Yes, that should be perfect to both explain what I am doing and to ask about a world state.

So Fran gave me a simple lecture about how stuff works here.

First of all, there are two big territories: a Human one and a Demon one. But the Demon territory is actually a beastmen territory, because of a war a long time ago people divided into two sides. So basically all typical human-like races like humans, elves, and dwarfs are considered Goddess-loved races. While any other race is considered demon-like and any race with horns or wings is considered as true demons. Even if they are actually normal living races and real demons still can be met in some dungeons - Goddess-loved races really don’t care about it. They use “demon” races as slaves and attack “true demons” on sight. Only with some influence of adventurers guild some beast races can still somehow roam on human territory.

So basically we’re not welcomed here. Well, more reasons to leave this damn braensburg. At least I can set my destination to a demon territory somehow.

But still, “Goddess-loved” races sounds incredibly lame. I guess it is somehow related to a Goddess that System asked me to kill, but I won’t bother with it for now.

“Welp, dat was an interesting talk.”

When we finished, it was already late, so I left empty dishes as is and just fall into my bad to sleep.

“Umm, are you not going to change…?”

“Curses!”

“Ah, yes, sorry…”

In yet another awkward situation I fall to sleep while thinking what should I report to the guild tomorrow.

40