Chapter 34: Into the Gate
273 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The map projector popped out of Aumo’s body.

 

My database says that the gate detector or something connected to it needs to touch the gate,” explained Ria.

 

As to not rip open her shirt, the projector was carefully guided out of Aumo’s shirt, and then towards the gate.

 

The reaction was almost immediate, and a door appeared and swung open, nearly smacking LisiA’s face, but she stepped away just in time to avoid it.

 

“Warn us about stuff like this too,” complained LisiA who was almost hit by the door.

 

“Is it safe to enter this door?” asked Aumo as she looked at the gate.

 

When the door opened, it revealed a void, completely black and absorbing all the light that hit it. At the same time, the other side of the door frame looked exactly as it did before the door appeared, no door, no void. Just a door frame in the middle of the field.

 

It’s safe, get in before it starts raining harder. The rain will get in the gate. I will explain what’s going on when you two go inside,” reminded Ria.

 

Aumo and LisiA looked at the void and stepped in. The door closed behind them and disappeared…

 

------------- 

 

Aumo and LisiA popped out on the other side, and the ground around them was a bit wet from the rain that got in.

 

The two found themselves in a decently sized room, surrounded by gray walls and lit up by a few bright lights on the ceiling. They could see a door in front of them.

 

“Where are we?” asked Aumo as she looked around.

 

LisiA turned around and watched the entrance of this room close and disappear, “How do we get out of here?”

 

If you want to leave, just say that you want to leave. A door will appear and link back to the gate you entered,” replied Ria, “But first I believe that I need to explain where we are.

 

“I want to leave,” said Aumo as a test.

 

A door popped out of nowhere in front of her and opened up.

“Cool,” said Aumo.

 

After a few seconds, the door closed up and disappeared.

 

They disappear after 10 seconds, so get in before that,” explained Ria, “As for where we are, this is a dungeon. According to my database, around a Quadrillion of these were generated, but less than 50 were built due to resource constraints. They were intended to be an emergency plan in case something goes wrong with the robots, with me being the guide for the one that challenges these dungeons. Each one is filled with puzzles and monsters, along with tools to aid the person who challenges these dungeons.

 

“Your explanation makes it sound like those games we read about,” commented Aumo.

 

These were inspired by games after all,” replied Ria.

 

“No respawns?” asked LisiA.

 

Don’t worry, you will automatically be transported to the entrance when your HP hits 0,” said Ria.

 

“HP?” LisiA was confused.

 

But I have no idea what would happen if you didn’t have a status to see your HP,” Ria then fell deep into thought.

 

After a few moments, Ria came back out and said, “It shouldn’t matter too much. Start the dungeon!

 

LisiA was concerned, but if Ria says that it might not matter too much, she will trust it… for now. They could leave at any time after all.

 

“Do we just open this door?” asked Aumo as she pointed at the door in front of them.

 

Yes,” confirmed Ria.

 

Aumo slowly opened the door, and behind it was a long corridor that was lit up in the same way as the room that they were in.

 

As they walked through the door, the door closed behind them and disappeared.

 

“Whoever designed this must’ve loved doors that disappeared after closing behind you,” commented LisiA. She could hear the loud slam of the door closing behind her this time, and it was gone when she turned around to look at it.

 

“I guess the only way is forward now?” said Aumo.

 

They slowly walked down the corridor, but they couldn’t see the end. When they turned around, they found that the wall of which the door they came through slowly got closer.

 

“We’re walking too slow,” inferred LisiA, “We should move faster.”

 

Aumo gave a nod, and started running down the corridor along with LisiA. Shortly after, some raised platforms came into view, and they had to climb onto them. 

 

There were a few gaps in between which they had to jump over, and eventually they made it to the end of the hallway.

 

“There’s another door,” said Aumo as she approached the end of the corridor.

 

As she went through it with LisiA, some text flickered in front of them.

 

WELCOME TO THE TUTORIAL!

Normally we would have text for movement controls in the previous, but this isn’t a game, so we felt it was unnecessary!

 

So that’s why the last room was filled with platforms with gaps in between.

 

Aumo and LisiA were somewhat unhappy with the design of this dungeon.

 

Status:

 

-----------------------------

Name: Aumo

Core Level:8

XP: 5/300

Status: Normal

HP: 2200/2200

MP: 1200/1200 

MP Stored: 170

-----

Skills: Mana Manipulation, Mana Sight, Mana Sense, Mana Analysis, Mana Item Storage, Levitation, Mana Vibration, Small Fireball, Ice Throw, Air Slash, Body Reinforcement, Body Strengthening

 

Upgrades: Map, Gate Detector

 

Stored: Heater


 

 I was trying to find an excuse for not writing anything this week. What I believe happened was an extremely delayed side, which was delayed by a whole week, from the vaccine. It didn’t last very long, for only two days. 

 

Now for the story, this is like a tutorial dungeon. Almost every game starts off with a tutorial, and these dungeons were created to be based on games, so this was made. Next chapter, Aumo and LisiA will slowly learn the contr… I mean basics. It’s not a game after all. What is there to learn anyway?

 

Sorry for being late. I was told to eat dinner at 4PM… As for the cover, I got tired from spending a whole day drawing something, so I’m taking a break from drawing. I’ll get to it someday… Someone sent me a site with a lot of references to use, and suggested that I learn how to draw properly. I completely agree. (The insecure connection to the site concerns me though. It's also all in Japanese, which I can't read.)

10