Chapter 39: Breali’s Guildmaster
157 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Normally nobody would accept this many quests at once unless it was an emergency, but even then it would still not amount to this much.

 

It was then that the receptionist heard someone coming down the staircase that was behind the receptionist desks, footsteps thudding slightly for every step that the person descended. After descending the last step, a giant muscular man wearing a white short-sleeved button-up shirt could be seen walking out of the doorway to the staircase.

 

He was huge, barely able to fit through the doorway that was already slightly bigger than the average doorway you would find in a normal building. Normally it would be extremely intimidating if someone of his stature was to come up to you, but something that he was wearing completely killed the mood. On his face, he was wearing a white mask with a grinning face on it. It had just 2 dots for the eyes and a giant grinning mouth and it looked like this: “:D”.

 

The receptionist that had the giant stack of paper on their desk turned around to see a giant man slowly approaching their desk, and nearly started freaking out before realizing that this giant man was the guildmaster. The silly mask on his face had immediately calmed the receptionist down.

 

“Ah… Good afternoon sir,” greeted the receptionist as the Guildmaster slowly got closer. 

 

“You were about to laugh at my mask weren’t you,” said the Guildmaster.

 

“Uhh, no sir, no,” stammered the receptionist, “I wouldn’t dare.”

 

“Anyway, I heard a loud thud coming from here, I’ll take over from here, you can go take a break,” said the Guildmaster to the receptionist.

 

The receptionist immediately fled the scene and let out a sigh of relief.

 

When the Guildmaster had appeared, it was Aumo and LisiA’s turn to be dumbfounded. A giant man with bulging muscles wearing a silly mask was the Guildmaster. It made the two wonder just how people become the Guildmaster in the first place. 

 

As the two wondered, the Guildmaster quickly flipped through the giant stack of paper, and was done after a few minutes. After looking through the entire stack, he set it down and started rubbing his chin to figure out what to do. After thinking for a little while as Aumo and LisiA just stared at him, he finished thinking.

 

“Alrighty, you two, Aumo and LisiA I believe? Follow me, I need to talk to you two in my office,” said the Guildmaster as he picked up the giant stack with one hand and opened up a way for Aumo and LisiA to get onto the other side of the desk.

 

Of course, the two were also somewhat alerted since there was probably something in that giant stack of paper that told the Guildmaster their names. They themselves haven’t actually looked through the stack at all since dimensional storage wasn’t like Aumo’s storage where they could read through everything that gets stored. 

 

The Guildmaster noticed that they were cautious, but didn’t do anything. He just turned around and started walking back to his office. Aumo and LisiA cautiously followed.

 

------------- 

 

The building wasn’t as big as the one in Yuhsar, so they reached the Guildmaster’s Office relatively quickly. At the same time, the building seemed to be furnished a lot better than the one in Yuhsar, which wasn’t really something important, but was still worth mentioning. The Guildmaster’s room was also smaller, but at the same time a lot neater.

 

“Close the door behind you gently,” said the Guildmaster as he got to his desk and took a seat. He slowly set down the stack of paper, but it still made a loud noise as if the stack of paper was bound to make that noise no matter how hard someone tried to lightly set it down.

 

LisiA slowly closed the door after Aumo entered the room. They both sat down after the Guildmaster signaled them to take a seat.

 

“This thing is uncomfortable, let me take it off. I was told that I won’t be needing it for you two,” the Guildmaster reached for the mask on his face, and slowly took it off. The next thing that happened was something completely unexpected, the Guildmaster’s enormous body quickly shrunk down into a more… normal size.

 

“Phew,” the Guildmaster set down the mask on his desk and stretched his body a bit, before realizing that the two girls in front of him were all just staring at him very intensely.

 

The Guildmaster no longer looked intimidating, but the aura emitting from him was a lot more intimidating than the extremely buffed up body that he had prior to taking off the mask. In fact, his clothes had shrunk down to his current size, and his shirt was now a long-sleeved shirt, as if it was always like this, but it was stretched so much for his torso that it only covered the upper part of his arm when he buffed up.

 

“What is that mask?” LisiA was the first to recover of the two. 

 

“I guess I owe you two an explanation,” said the Guildmaster, “This mask was made to suppress my mana, but the side-effect of that is that all that mana that gets suppressed inflates my muscles to the size that is proportional to their strength. Normally all that mana would choke normal people, but you two should be fine, or at least that’s what the letter said.”

 

“There was a letter in that pile?” asked Aumo. She had also recovered after that explanation.

 

“Don’t tell me that you believed that all of the papers in that stack were quests,” said the Guildmaster, amazed, “There was a letter and quite a lot of pages of reports near the bottom.”

 

“We didn’t read it,” said LisiA as she looked at the giant stack of paper that was now on the Guildmaster’s desk.

 

“Figures,” said the Guildmaster, “Since if you did, you would’ve removed the last page. It quite literally says that it is an unneeded joke page, and will make a very loud sound when set down on a surface.”

 

The Guildmaster picked up the stack, and took out the last page and put it in front of Aumo and LisiA for them to see. And of course, a loud sound resounded throughout the room when that piece of paper was put in front of them.

 

As the two stared at the page, they both wondered why anyone would even make something like this. It was as if someone got really bored and had to find something to do.

 

“Ahem,” the Guildmaster gave a cough to get Aumo and LisiA’s attention, “Back to what we are here for. Do you have all the materials listed in the quests?”

 

“Most of them should be in my Storage, and a box is in Aumo’s,” replied LisiA.

 

“Alright. Don’t take them out yet, they will definitely not fit in this room. The real reason I asked you two to come in here is to ask something. Have you two investigated one of the doorframes that suddenly popped up?” said the Guildmaster.

 

“We checked one out around 2 days ago,” said LisiA.

 

“It disappeared after we went through it though,” added Aumo.

 

“What do you mean by ‘went through it’?” asked the Guildmaster.

 

And thus, Aumo and LisiA started sharing their experiences with the gate.

 

Status:

 

-----------------------------

Name: Aumo

Core Level:8

XP: 5/300

Status: Normal

HP: 2200/2200

MP: 1200/1200 

MP Stored: 169.6

-----

Skills: Mana Manipulation, Mana Sight, Mana Sense, Mana Analysis, Mana Item Storage, Levitation, Mana Vibration, Small Fireball, Ice Throw, Air Slash, Body Reinforcement, Body Strengthening

 

Upgrades: Map, Gate Detector

 

Stored: Heater, Giant Breadstick, Box of Carbon Steel


The buffed up Guildmaster with a Mask on was an idea that suddenly came to mind while I was thinking myself to sleep, and I found it fun so I just went along with it. However, when I was actually writing it, I realized that it was like Dream’s mask, so I changed it up a bit to be a giant grin instead of a smile. 

 

With that said, most of my ideas do just come out of nowhere these days. Some come as I write, some come out while I am thinking of something completely random, but one thing for sure is that not everything will fit. I fear that once classes start for me, I won’t have any time to think up ideas for this story since I will have too much homework. When the time comes, I might have to pause this story, or release new chapters less frequently. That said, less frequent chapters mean longer chapters with possibly better thought out ideas, so it could be a good thing. 

 

I also started sketching out idea covers again, and I might bring up a poll sometime within 2 weeks to ask which sketch would better fit the story, but don’t get any hopes up since my drawing skills have been failing me since the day I started. 

 

I got rid of my Skyrim addiction. Cheers.

 

3