Arc 2 – Chapter 5: Ritual
400 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 2 - Chapter 5: Ritual

"Why am I doing this?" Chikao asks Momoyo as he holds a wooden katana while facing Ingui Yoon, who looking too serious for Chikao's comfort. Where they are currently in a boxing ring, with Ingui Yoon has already changed out of her school uniform and into something more fitting for fighting.

Not that Ingui Yoon can't fight in her school uniform, but it wouldn't allow her to fight at 100%. And facing Chikao, Ingui Yoon needs all the advantages she could get, if what she learned from Senior Momoyo. The legendary S-Class fighter, winning multiple tournaments during her school life.

Along with Chikao and Ingui Yoon in the ring, there is the referee. The Wild Guard. To put it simply, the Wild's Guards are like student counselors, but at the Wild's High, it means much more than that. They are students that graduate from Wild's High, all S-Class, and are the top 0.3% of S-Class or above graduates. They earn high paychecks and are exempt from the country when taking down hostiles. Within the school, they stop fights, referee, and judge matches. Outside of the school, they work as national VIP guards, instructors for guard institutes, and are at the top of the world in their fields.

It's a dream job with honor and pride for students at Wild's High and for some people outside of this school too. Their main job is to handle violence and to be judges for the Wild's League. There have never been more than 3 people admitted to the Wild's Guard per year. They are the best among Wild's High graduates and they are well known for their intelligence, elegance, power, and pride. The Wild's Guard is the epitome of the idea of Wild's student. The Wild's Guard is immune from any repercussions as far as any legal action is concerned.

As for who is the referee for the match between Chikao and Ingui Yoon. It's Lee Na.

A taller than the average woman with a slender body. With straight blonde hair with a side parting to her bangs, her sharp feature is frame gorgeously. She has piercing eyes and lips that are set in a straight line, with a cold expression. Wearing what should be the uniform for Wild's Guard. A black long dress with high-thigh heel boots.

"Well, my juniors wanted to see what kind of man I'm dating and decided to see how strong you are to get my attention and all that." Momoyo grin at her boyfriend, eager to see how he deal with her juniors like Ingui Yoon, who goes by the nickname: Queen. Weird, but better than her old ones. "Plus, little Lee Na over there is excited to see this match too." Momoyo can remember her junior Lee Na easily with that cold expression, making Momoyo want to tease Lee Na for old-time sake.

"Is this something I'd really be doing?" Chikao is all up for trying out the [Trinity God Style], but facing against Ingui Yoon, who is purely human without a touch of using [Ki] made things a bit disturbing. Even if Ingui Yoon's trained body is enough to be on the pair of Beginner Martial Artists in Murim. Though, Chikao has seen Ingui Yoon doing her absolute best to barely face against Practitioner Martial Artist from Murim. So that's something. However, Ingui Yoon as of right now is weak against even the Beginner Martial Artist of Murim due to lack of experience facing someone with [Ki]. Though, the moment she learns [Ki]; well, that will be an entirely different story right there. Same with Lee Moon Young.

Therefore, Chikao is someone really beyond Ingui Yoon's league. If that wasn't enough, the [Trinity God Style] don't use [Ki], but it's still very powerful that is still considered supernatural.

"Are you looking down at me because I'm a girl?" Ingui Yoon demands with a frosty look on her face.

"Are you seriously asking me that?" Chikao asks Ingui Yoon with a deadpan before pointing a thumb at Momoyo, who wave in Ingui Yoon's direction.

"You better go all out if you want to land a hit! And I'm talking to you, Queen!" Momoyo said to Ingui Yoon, causing the other people in the area to be surprised by this. "Chikao, don't cause too much harm to my junior!" Momoyo can handle all her boyfriend's attacks, but he can be very ruthless when needed, and that's fine for her since it would push her to become better.

Shaking his head. "Let's end this quick." Chikao didn't even wait for Ingui Yoon to say something as he appears directly in front of her, much to Ingui Yoon's shock, and Chikao strikes before she could even react in time. Landing a direct hit onto Ingui Yoon's jaw, with enough force to cause her to fall on the ground and fall unconscious instantly. Ending this entire match in seconds.

"You know, I kinda expect this to happen. I just don't know why I expected something else to happen." Jang So-Sul looks at the ending result of this sparring match with a blank expression.

"Huh, I thought Chikao would hold back a little." Momoyo sweatdrop, where she can see some of the other students watching to be in disbelief that the Queen was taken down so easily. Even Lee Na is shocked by this. If Momoyo were to guess what's going on Lee Na's head. Momoyo would say how it's possible to do something like moving at such a fast speed without [Ki]. Momoyo would gladly say it's a common thing with her boyfriend that does the impossible. "Anyone want to try their luck against my boyfriend? Come now before we leave." Momoyo wasn't going to stick around too much, even with this new job that was forced onto. Maybe go around checking out some old acquaintance in Murim.

"I did hold back." Chikao gave Momoyo a dull look. "If it makes you any better. I tried not to make her suffer in an embarrassing defeat by playing around with her, to the point she will lose her confidence." Chikao had already seen a route like that happening, causing Ingui Yoon to go into a depression because of this. And seeing how he kinda still needs help from Ingui Yoon's family. He rather not do that. "Also, before anyone comes up here to challenge me. Think for a second why you even need to, other than pride to show that you're better than others or something silly like you wanted to show off that even a girl can beat the male gender. You girls clearly can do that." Chikao sweatdrop at remembering the chapters he had read, where many of these girls and graduated students did to ordinary people. "I'm not looking down on any of you and for some that do. Momoyo over there, who is your senior that graduated here can easily defeat me." What wasn't said is how Momoyo can only do so if Chikao handicaps himself.

"Well, can you hold back even more?" Momoyo rolls her eyes at Chikao, for saying this and could see a few stubborn juniors that still want to test their luck against her boyfriend.

"Sorry, I'm a researcher, not a fighter." Chikao said calmly, causing those that took the whole fighting seriously. Begin to glare at Chikao for what he just said. "For those that want to reach my strength. Work hard and relax often." Chikao pause for a moment to think about anything else. Even use [Numeromancy] with [Thought Acceleration] to help him out before speaking again, "Do not limit yourself just because of your pride, that will just make you become even more disadvantage unless you possess some inborn talents that allow you to surpass others." With that said, Chikao quickly got out of the ring and head off, with Momoyo, Jang So-Sul, and Asia, who is carrying Ophis following after Chikao.


The next day*

"You know, you can't run away forever, right?" Momoyo shouldn't enjoy her boyfriend's suffering, but it's just too funny and amusing for her to get the students to leave Chikao alone. "Whether you spar with them or not, even ignoring them. Most of them will still come after you no matter what."

"Why can't he just leave?" Jang So-Sul enjoys being able to sense her [Ki] passively circulating throughout her body, making every second a joyful moment for her. "Not that I'm saying he has to right away, but isn't leaving an option?"

"Because he made a promise to Asia and me before. So technically he can't really leave. As he is a man of his word." Momoyo answer Jang So-Sul's question. "Come on, Chikao. Why not just give those juniors of mine a fair fighting chance?"

"Since doing so would be disrespecting them?" Chikao can already see that no matter how it goes. Whether if he is holding back to put it into a 'fair' match. Where the results of him winning or losing, even making it into a draw wouldn't matter. The girls would still be unsatisfied with the result due to not being able to fight Chikao with him going all out. Completely out of their league, which pissed off some of the girls that are prideful. "I mean, look behind us." Chikao didn't bother to turn his head back, to see Ingui Yoon and Lee Moon Young both are following Chikao's group this entire time. "Don't the two of you have anything to do instead of following us?"

"I'm on break." Lee Moon Young grin.

Ingui Yoon just stays quiet. Continuing to follow Chikao's group.

"Then what are you planning to do now, Chikao?" Momoyo raises an eyebrow and allows her two juniors inside the apartment.

"Studying." Chikao simply replied as he went over to the bookshelf to pull a textbook on chemistry to read. Honestly, if it wasn't because of having [Arcane Science] and have with the current rank of [Numerical Precision]. He wouldn't have bothered to read a textbook. A fucking textbook!

"Sound boring." Momoyo knew this would happen, but thought it would be one of those rare days that Chikao would do something other than studying. "Well, he won't be doing anything interesting. You girls wanna hang out just us girls alone?" Momoyo wants to see if these two would be curious in learning about [Ki]. Maybe she will get her junior Lee Na to join them. Make things interesting. Momoyo won't have to worry about Chikao leaving the apartment to do anything entertaining. Sticking around would be a bit boring and she can't really have sex in case either Asia or Jang So-Sul wanted to speak with her or Chikao during the time they are having sex.

"Is it really okay for me to go out in public?" Jang So-Sul knew the Black Forest Defense are currently on the hunt for her.

"Shouldn't be. After all, you showed up in public long enough already." Momoyo looks at Jang So-Sul with a grin. "Plus, if anyone dares come after you. Well, I might get some warmup."

"Quick question, are you someone important? Like a rich girl or something?" Lee Moon Young looks at Jang So-Sul with interest and figured she wasn't someone ordinary since Jang So-Sul sticking around someone like Momoyo and Chikao.

Even Ingui Yoon looks at Jang So-Sul. "She doesn't look like it."

"Hey, I will have you know I had an illness and now it's cured. I'll grow better looking than you." Jang So-Sul sneers at Ingui Yoon, no longer has to worry about talking too much, which causes her to have a coughing seizure. Plus, Jang So-Sul needs to prevent others from looking down on her once she regains back her head status of the Sun-Woo Clan.

"What kind of illness would make you stop growing?" Lee Moon Young didn't mean it in a mean way, but she truly curious about what the illness is, to stop others from growing up.

"A dangerous one and just leave it at that. I'll tell you when I feel like it." Jang So-Sul had no reason to tell her life story to complete strangers. Especially one of them looking down at her.

Chikao begins to ignore everyone in the apartment and in time all of them begin to leave one by one until he is alone. Once Chikao checks for sure they are gone. He throws the chemistry textbook back to the bookshelf.

Wiping his forehead, Chikao barely avoids the whole drama of these girls about to cause outside. He does not want any involvement in it whatsoever. Bad enough Chikao knew for sure that after tonight. There will be an increase in supernatural activities, but not to the point, where Chikao has to take his group and leave South Korea.

Now that Chikao is alone and hours of free time. As long he doesn't leave the building. Chikao won't trigger most of the routes the [Numeromancy] is showing him to choose from. However, there are a few special routes that he needs to follow some requirements to trigger them.

Moving over to the leather white couch and grab the laptop resting on the coffee table, then sit down and place the laptop on his lap. Turning on the new laptop he got on the same day picking this apartment to stay at. Chikao starts typing on the keyboard and this going on for nearly half an hour before he stops and shuts down his laptop. Afterward, he places the laptop back on the coffee table and left to make himself to eat. Still hasn't found the right spell to make it so he won't require any food and water just yet.


An hour later*

Chikao begin using the [Creation of All Things Technique] to create a right fingerless [Glove-Shaped CAD] to allows him to use continues to use his version of [Human Magic] as long as he wears it. Better to have than not having it when he need it. Especially when Chikao discovered a lot of routes he couldn't use [Human Magic], his version, due to many different reasons.

Bringing up his interface, curious to see if the acting process has raised up or not.


Name: Chikao Fukui

Pathway: Wheel of Fortune - Mid Sequence 5: Winner

Acting Process: 18%

Abilities: [Danger Intuition - Rank: Utmost], [Precognition - Rank: Utmost], [Numerical Precision - Rank: Utmost], [Flawless Action - Rank: Peak], [Numeromancy - Rank: Utmost], [Anti-Divination - Rank: Supreme], [Fortune - Rank: Peak], [Calamity Inducement - Rank: High], [Psyche Storm - Rank: Mid], and [Probability - Rank: Low]


Well, it's rising a bit. But, no way he will be reaching 100% by the end of this week or the next. It's a good thing, Chikao is no longer in a hurry and has [Probability] at hand, to make sure nothing too extreme would bad happen to him. Furthermore, the [Probability] can make it so he would continue to store up the luck instead of allowing it to be used up in randomly lucky moments when it could be used for a specific event that needs luck.

Closing the status window and begin his next course of action.

Snapping his finger, Chikao place a spell over the apartment and made sure all those hidden Devils that teleported here to faint and another snap of his finger, to use the [Arcane Science] to break down all the bodies of these Devils into liquid blood forms and bring them over to where Chikao is to store all of them inside multiple big containers he created right away with [Creation of All Things Technique]. Filling the containers up to the brim, and now, Chikao has a dozen containers filled with the blood of Devils. Some of them belong to the 72 Pillars and some are Reincarnated Devils.

Then, placing down a large [Arcane Science Magic Circle]. Chikao planning to use the blood as a sacrifice for a ritual.

Making sure nothing goes wrong, Chikao placed down a spell to form a barrier around the apartment. Not wanting any unwanted visitors from the supernatural world. Chikao didn't have to worry about Momoyo and the others since everything will be done before they come back.

"Now, let's see if this works." Chikao mumbles to himself, for if this works, then this should solve some of the problems he had to deal with while going through a level up in sequence. Also, if there some leftover materials. Then, he can start up another ritual to make his [Magic] stronger than ever. Maybe aim to improve his body. Either one is fine for Chikao. Since he can get the other later. Not affecting too much in the other routes he like to keep around and maybe go through them.

Well, maybe. It's a good thing he didn't use any of his stored up luck just for today.

Checking the time, Chikao look at the clock on the wall before looking back at the large [Arcane Science Magic Circle], then using [Numerical Precision] to make a few changes before activating the [Magic Circle], causing it to glow bright red, forcing Chikao to close his eyes. Not daring to use any spells to block his eyes from the light and watching the process.

Soon, the scream of many people begins to appear in Chikao's head and he can't determine if the scream can be heard outside or not; well, he does know with [Numeromancy], which is why he wasn't worried about hearing the scream of cries for vengeance and mercy. Then, Chikao feels the presence of multiple people glaring down at him while his eyes are still closed.

"HOW DARE YOU DO THIS ME?!"

"WHY IS A LOW-LIFE HUMAN, GET TO LIVE?!"

"DIE! DIE! DIE!"

"PLEASE STOP! HAVE MERCY!"

"LET ME LIVE! I HAVE FAMILY WAITING FOR ME BACK HOME!"

Chikao didn't respond to any of these voices and calmly wait for the process to finish. One mistake is all it takes and his death won't be swift and painless.

12