Arc 2 – Chapter 9: Being Ruthless
260 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 2 - Chapter 9: Being Ruthless

An hour later*

"You know, I feel like we're going to come across many supernatural creatures before we even reach the place." Momoyo narrows her eyes as she just sends a blast of [Ki] to kill off a Stray Devil that shouldn't be out in the open where mundane people would see it. "I feel like it's because one of these guys that are making this trip more dangerous than it should."

"Uh, Lee Moon Young just fainted." Asia spoke up as she made sure to position Lee Moon Young in her seat to not wake up with bodyaches. "Also, Ingui Yoon seems to have fainted? I can't tell." Asia moves over to Ingui Yoon and lets out a yelp when Ingui Yoon latches onto Asia and pulls her into a hug. Continue to keep a blank face, even when her body language says she is very afraid. "Uh, are you okay?" Asia asks nervously.

Ingui Yoon quickly nods her head, not trusting her voice right about now to let everyone know she is extremely afraid right now. Yet, everyone that still awake can see Ingui Yoon is terrified right about now.

"Oh, boy." Momoyo didn't expect this and making her wonder if any one of them will stay as a fighter and Martial Artists after this training trip. Though, she wonders where are all these Stray Devils coming from.

Chikao kept silent the entire time, sweatdrop that this whole this is kinda his fault for trying to use [Probability] to reduce his luck in exchange for gaining more good luck to be used in the future when it really needed it. He was skeptical that this was possible in many routes but didn't dare due to how dangerous it will be. Then realized, he had forgotten there Momoyo and the moment he added into the [Numeromancy]; well, Chikao found another method to gain more good luck.

Since that's the case. Chikao will shamelessly rely on Momoyo for this once. Afterward, Chikao will think about other ways of survival through bad luck events and gain more lucks. He has plenty of time, to think about it more. Plus, with many routes to take advantage of. If needed, Chikao will even use the [Calamity Inducement] to bring out more deadly routes to gain more lucks.

Chikao ignores all the talking going on in the van and calmly drive to where Momoyo's training area is while taking his time. As one of the routes he aiming for is about to trigger soon.


30 minutes later*

A handsome young man with short black hair and blue eyes. Wearing a combination of a Japanese school uniform. More specifically, the gakuran wore by Japanese schoolboys in the fall. Along with ancient Chinese attire.

This is Cao Cao, the leader of the Hero Faction of the Khaos Brigade. He is the wielder of the ultimate [Longinus], the [True Longinus]. Also known as the [Holy Spear of the Setting Sun], the [Spear of Destiny] and the [Spear/Lance of Longinus], is the first and most powerful [Sacred Gear]. The same spear which St. Longinus used to stab Jesus Christ.

Next to Cao Cao is Georg, the sub-leader of the Hero Faction and the possessor of the [Sacred Gear: DImension Lost]. He is a descendant of Johann Georg Faust, the man who made a pact with the legendary Devil, Mephisto Pheles.

A young man with black hair and spectacles. Like Cao Cao, he wears a combination of a Japanese school uniform and wears a Mage-style robe over his uniform with a featured cape.

"Hello, my future comrades!" Cao Cao shouts at the group before him, while secretly surprised to see Ophis with them, after so many people have been trying to find the Ourosboro Dragon. Making him a bit more interested in this group. "I'm glad we finally meet!"

"Who the hell is this guy?" Chikao asks what is on everyone's mind. Well, for those that are confused by who these two guys are.

"I'm more concerned about if these two are from the supernatural world that Momoyo has been talking about before." Lee Moon Young became very cautious, for all she knows, the guy that looks like some kind of a Wizard could cast [Magic] to throw a giant fireball at them or something.

"Pretty sure they are." Chikao replied, causing Lee Moon Young to panic a bit. "Don't worry, Momoyo and I are here to make sure everyone is safe." Chikao secretly smirks in delight to can see all the formulas within the [True Longinus] and can stop its abilities for a short period of time. Enough time for either Momoyo or himself to kill Cao Cao in a second. Furthermore, Chikao is also happy to find that his [Flying Thunder God] will still work against Georg's [Sacred Gear: Dimension Lost] and can counter it too.

"What do you want from us?!" Momoyo shouts at the other side, a bit pissed that somebody came here to her private training ground. Even though technically she doesn't own the place, she had been using it for a long time and have the right to claim it when no one came to inform her the land is theirs and whatnot.

"To recruit fellow humans to join the Hero Faction! Our motto is to fight and defeat all evil beings, such as Devils, Fallen Angels, and even Dragons that bring harm to humans!" Cao Cao shouted proudly, not noticing the dark look he is getting from Momoyo. "Please, let me inform everyone about why you should join the Hero Faction and save mankind against these evil beings." Cao Cao starts walking towards the group and his second-in-command quietly walk along with him.

"Yeah, you better stand a bit far from us." Momoyo releases a bit of heatwave towards them in a burst, not having to worry about the heatwave hitting the people around her. Thanks to her boyfriend making sure it doesn't happen and it's a good thing they would sometimes have a weekly conversation to help each other in training by giving tips or ideas to help the other side's to improve or branch out with a certain technique/spell.

"Please, I mean no harm." Cao Cao took a few steps back, sweats going down his forehead and looks at Momoyo carefully, and is happy to see that the legendary Goddess of Battle is truly human and powerful like the rumors say! This is great news! "I"m here with my comrade here in the hope to recruit everyone here. I can see each one of you are amazing people, with massive potential to become heroes!"

"Yeah, sorry, but I am no hero." Momoyo might not have caused harm to the innocents, but that doesn't mean her hands are clean of blood. The whole hero thing wasn't even up to her alley and rather be something outside. Plus, Momoyo has read many tales about the heroes. The actually recorded ones, that weren't modified into children's books and movies. Yeah, Momoyo did not like the endings one bit. "Also, my boyfriend here isn't hero material either. So you better go away." Momoyo hugs Chikao's right arm.

"Well, that's unfortunate. How about the rest of you?" Cao Cao glance at the other three girls.

"Uh, no thanks." Lee Moon Young knows there is something weird and creepy about this guy. She wants nothing to do with him, even if he is cute looking.

"No." Ingui Yoon instantly rejected the invite to this so-called Hero Faction, which just screams scam and danger in her head.

"Sorry, but I'm too busy with other things than being a hero." Asia can still remember how tired she would usually be every day during her at the church. Consistently healing people. Yes, Asia loves helping people, but she kinda does want some rest more often if possible before going back to her duty. Also, she knows in her heart, that she will be a hero after being called a witch by the very people she helped. So. No. Asia rather not be a Hero or join an organization filled with them, where they would look down at her for not being able to do enough.

"Really now..." Cao Cao frown at this, then his smile again. "I guess I just need to persuade you guys even more to join." Cao Cao lowers the tip of his [True Longinus] to the ground and found himself smashed into the ground before he even realizes what just happen. Also, he heard the painful scream of Georg, making Cao Cao what's going on.

"Now, I know you are eager to recruit others. I know, I understand your feeling." Momoyo wink at Chikao, who just raise an eyebrow while studying the [Dimension Lost]'s equation so he could recreate it, to make a pocket dimension or something close to one thanks to the [Dimension Lost]'s ability to barriers and space, thus it carries tremendous power over dimensions. Something Chikao would like to have. But, would like a pocket dimension more, making it a lot easier to carry things than just let Ophis hold onto their stuff. Bad enough, Chikao nearly has a breakdown when he saw one of the routes, where someone manages to take something from Ophis in exchange for delicious baked goods.

So yes, Chikao wants the pocket dimension badly. This is why the moment he saw the routes of both Cao Cao and Georg about to launch their attacks on his group. Chikao chops Georg's arms off with the [Blade of Destruction] and Momoyo appearing behind Cao Cao and slam her right palm directly to the back of Cao Cao's head and into the ground.

"Uh, were you guys a bit too quick to take action?!" Lee Moon Young looks at Chikao and Momoyo dumbfounded at the speed they went and took these two guys like nothing. Also, making her a bit ill from seeing Chikao cutting someone's arms off like nothing. Not even a hint of guilty shows on Chikao's face. Making her realize how dangerous the supernatural world if this is the level of fighting she might have to face if she comes across anything supernatural.

Even Ingui Yoon had the same thoughts as Lee Moon Young. Sadly, neither of the two realized that both Chikao and Momoyo are just stupidly overpowered that someone like Cao Cao and Georg can't do a thing to them.

"Nah, they had the intention to cause harm to us." Momoyo wave off Lee Moon Young's concerns. "If anything, we're being very merciful to not take their life from the very start."

And just like that, both Ingui Yoon and Lee Moon Young vow to themselves to get as much training they could get from Chikao and Momoyo as possible. Otherwise, they might be at the mercy of others.

"Oh, dear!" Asia quickly runs over to heal Cao Cao, and the still screaming and armless Georg. Subconsciously beginning to heal the enemies, a habit she still hasn't really broken to stop healing everyone in dire need of healing.

"Hm. I wonder." Momoyo glances at the [True Longinus] in Cao Cao's right hand, with a tight grip. So, Momoyo did a few jabs at Cao Cao's right arm, causing the hands on the [True Longinus] to loosen. Allowing Momoyo to snatch the ]True Longinus] from Cao Cao. Giving it a good look and channel her [Ki] into the [Sacred Gear], which seems to be trying to struggle out of her hands. "Hey, Chikao. Do you have any interests in wielding a spear?" Momoyo pours more [Ki] into the [Sacred Gear] and this time, she uses a bit of her [Root Martial Art of Raging Flame Eruption], causing the spear to turn red straight away.

"Not really." Chikao could easily recreate a few spear moves or so from his memories. But, he rather switches to another weapon after wielding the katana for a while now. Even if he could easily wield a spear thanks to [Flawless Action]; however, there are many reasons why he isn't going on the path of a weapon master. He is a Magician first and researcher second, then a fighter last. Just the katana and [Trident - Silver Horn] alone is plenty for Chikao. Even then, he could just go dual-wield two guns. Using [Gun Battle] for close combat with ranged weapons.

[Magic] easily taken care of long-distance combat and mid-ranged too. So, no. Chikao didn't want to use a spear. Plus, even then, Chikao can already see many death routes the moment he even tries to pick up the [True Longinus]. Though, the equation for [Holy Element] was a nice addition to his collection of elements now. A bit of a headache upon getting the [Holy Element], but a few [Refresh Spell] and Chikao fine again.

Now, with [Holy Element]; Chikao can say for sure that the Devil Faction is now a faction Chikao can face alone as long he doesn't make any fatal mistakes and become overconfident that will lead to his downfall.

"I'm not much of a weapon user myself, let alone a spear." Momoyo looks at the red [True Longius] still trying to struggle for freedom. "Asia, you want a go?" Momoyo waves the [True Longinus] near Asia, carefully not aiming with tip. Who knows what it could do. "I'm sure we can get you a martial arts on spear-wielding."

"NO! NO! NO!" Asia's eyes wide in a panic, making her stop healing Georg, who had been knocked out by Chikao after getting annoyed by the screaming for a while. "It's fine! I'm someone who helps people, not harm them!" Plus, Asia is a bit scared by the presence coming from the spear. Making her feel a bit unworthy to even look at it.

"How about one of you two?" Momoyo looks at Ingui Yoon and Lee Moon Young, seeing how both Chikao and Asia rejected the [True Longinus]. Something many people would give everything they have just to wield the [True Longinus]. Yet, here it is being offered to two people now and both rejected it without even thinking about it a bit more.

"I'm a boxer, not a spear wielder." Lee Moon Young replied. "Thanks though." She was a bit put off, how casual Momoyo is holding such a dangerous spear and it seems to turn very red, making Lee Moon Young surprised she feeling a bit of heat coming from it.

"No, thank you." Ingui Yoon knew her limits and her fighting style. A fighting style that won't allows her to wield a spear, let alone whatever that is in Momoyo's hands.

"Dang, no one?" Momoyo looks at Cao Cao, then back at the [True Longinue]. "I really don't feel like giving this back."

"Or you could?" Cao Cao groans out, but his voice was still muffled due to his face planted into the ground. Making it a bit hard for him to breathe.

Yet, Momoyo still heard Cao Cao even when his voice is muffled, "Nah. Why would I return something that was about to be used against me? That's just asking me to stretch my neck out for the enemy to slice my head off." Momoyo chuckles at this as she releases a bit of killing intent as she glances at Cao Cao's unprotected neck. "Speaking of slicing one's head off. How about I cut yours off, for coming into my private training ground? I was pretty sure I made anyone that wanted to mess with me, to never come here."

"Woah! Are you really going to kill him?!" Lee Moon Young did not expect this! "Are you seriously going to kill him in cold blood?!"

Ingui Yoon looks a bit pale, paler than normal, and she too is in agreement with Lee Moon Young about how this is getting too far.

"Don't forget that even in the mundane world. People kill for the littlest thing. A man would kill another person for food just simply so he could feed his hungry family. Another woman would even bear the shame of selling her body for money to earn enough money to pay someone to kill another for vengeance. Lots of reasons for other people's deaths. It's even worse in the supernatural world." Momoyo said coldly, completely different from her fun and happy go personality. This is Momoyo when she angry enough to kill and remind people of why they deemed her the Goddess of Battle. Not Goddess of Martial Arts, nor the Goddess of Fighter. But, the Goddess of Battle for Momoyo continues to engage in fights to the death of those that piss her off enough to want to kill them.

"But... he is also human..." Asia whispers in despair that someone she looks up to would kill someone before her eyes.

Momoyo's eyes soften at Asia, then groan before looking at her boyfriend for help. Only to see him continue to stabbing the armless Magician's back multiple times this entire time, forming a small pool of blood. "Uh, Chikao, what're you doing over there?"

This caused all the girls to look at Chikao, causing Ingui Yoon and Lee Moon Young to take a step back away from Chikao. While Asia let out a gasp, for she didn't even realize this and she was close to the armless person.

"Huh? Oh, I'm trying to make sure this guy stops trying to cast his [Magic] and using his [Sacred Gear] to throw us into that one place Ophis took us. The in-between dimension. He still alive if everyone wondering." Chikao knew how everyone, but Momoyo and Ophis, are shocked to see him just stabbing someone without a single chance on his face. Especially when Chikao is using the [Blade of Destruction] to do the stabbing. Which just made Georg's body experience something very painful, that he can't even screams after waking up from the first stab. Not to mention, preventing him from even have the ounce of will to use either his [Magic] and [Sacred gear].

8