Arc 2 – Chapter 11: Show & Tell
254 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 2 - Chapter 11: Show & Tell

A few minutes later*

Ingui Yoon doesn't know how, but every single second seems like she has been trapped by Chikao and she couldn't do a thing about it. Furthermore, as times go, the more space around her to move and attack decrease massively, she starts to realize at the 1-minute mark that everything is going wrong, and by the time she was nearly out of breath and lost track of time. The moment Chikao stop the match. Ingui Yoon falls to her hands and knees, panting very hard. Difficult to breathe while it felt like her lungs are on fire.

"Originally there was no path in the world. Living beings in this world needed to snatch a path from heaven to survive. That was why it had such a strange name as the [Path to Snatching Heaven]. Fighting all living beings for the space for survival means that only one can survive. To be a battle for every inch of land. I'll walk the path you take, leaving you nowhere to go. Thus, the [Path to Snatching Heaven]'s 'snatching' was fully displayed. A movement technique that too domineering. Like a fearless soldier that constantly repressed the enemy, preventing them from completing a single move. Typically, the opponent had no choice but to change their stance midway. The [Path to Snatchin Heaven] was created on the principle of human strength and the concept of taking fate into one's hands." Chikao explains to Ingui Yoon what he just did to prevent her from even being able to use her full strength at the very beginning of the spar between them.

Yet, Chikao had a touch time using the [Path to Snatching Heaven] if it wasn't for fully using [Numerical Precision] and [Numeromancy] to calculate Ingui Yoon's movements and using [Flawless Action] to apply himself into the calculation in order to make the [Path to Snatching Heaven] work. Otherwise, Chikao would have been struck in multiple areas, which would likely hurt Chikao very badly and could potentially kill him if not treated fast. Yup, Chikao can see that being a Martial Artist wasn't that a good path for him. One small mistake would lead to his death.

Ingui Yoon took a couple of deep breaths while trying to comprehend what Chikao just explained to her about this [Path to Snatching Heaven], something she might learn by the end of this training trip. Overall, this is something she will for sure need in the future.

"Now, that I've taught you what you could do in the future with the [Bairong Style]." Chikao didn't really care if he teaches the [Path to Snatching Heaven] to Ingui Yoon or not, doesn't make much of a difference in the many routes. "Now, I'm going to allow you how to face against a Magician. Hopefully, you'll understand how to plan to go against nearly all the common ones and those rare powerful ones." Chikao has seen enough of Ingui Yoon almost being defeated by Magicians. Including people that are not humans and use [Magic] to face Ingui Yoon upon finding out she doesn't have the means to combat long-distance. "First, let's get you at 100%."

Chikao snap his finger to use the [Refresh Spell] on Ingui Yoon.

Ingui Yoon blink and found out she all better. In fact, she feels better than ever. But, for now, she needs to pay attention to what Chikao about to do. Bad enough she will have to deal with [Magic] while against [Ki] would simply a straightforward fighting head-on. All Ingui Yoon knows about [Magic] is that it could lead to anything.

"Now, in my opinion. There are three steps in a magical battle between Magicians. The first is to show something that everyone knows aka using spells that nearly everyone could do or at least know enough to be able to counter it. The second is the experience or method of casting the spells, either to overwhelm the other side with pure speed or power, both even. The third is that are trump cards, where if both Magicians are equal in power and speed, along with the spells they use. For the trump cards are what Magicians will use the best moment, not when having to use it at the last second. These trump cards are mainly meant to quickly kill the opponent. In a way, the first step is to show. The second step is observing everything. The third step is to strike the best given moment." Chikao explains to Ingui Yoon how a battle between Magicians should be in his eyes. Though, really, it mainly his method of fighting if he goes full-on using [Magic] from a distance. "This also applies for non-magical battles between a Magician and a non-Magician."

Ingui Yoon pays to every single word Chikao has spoken and made sure to ask for some books on [Magic]. So she can prepare herself for almost any spells that could be used against her, even if she can't use [Magic] herself. Better to come up with plans to defeat the Magicians before they could do a thing to her.

So, for the rest of the day, Chikao would teach Ingui Yoon both about the [Bairong Style] and [Magic] usage sometimes separately and together, mainly the former beating the latter. Of course, Chikao includes in reverse, where [Magic] could easily beat [Bairong Style] depending on the [Maigc] itself.


The next day*

"Hey, Chikao! You mind doing me a favor?" Momoyo asks her boyfriend while keeping hold of Lee Moon Young's back collar to stop her from escaping today's training.

"What you need?" Chikao is a bit surprised to see multiple different routes, for this favor from Momoyo and wonder which one it would be.

"Mind sparring with me a bit, to show everyone that there is a reason why one should learn about [Ki] and how to fare in the supernatural world. Of course, please don't use your tricky spells that could stop me." Momoyo gives her boyfriend an annoying glare for a second. "Also, could you make it so the area is reinforced. I rather not have a place I like to come sometime to be destroyed in our spar."

"Alright." Chikao hasn't truly fought with nearly everything he has with [Magic] and the request for Momoyo is a bit simple compared to the big handicaps of not being able to use [Magic].

"Great!" Momoyo's eyes light up, for she has trained a lot with the [Root Martial Art of Raging Flame Eruption] and it's time to see how it does against someone like Chikao and his cheat [Magic].

Chikao decides not to use the [Trident - Silver Horn], for it's mainly to kill and he rather not kill his own girlfriend with it. Plus, there is still Cao Cao and Georg on the sideline that is alive while under Ophis' watch.

"We can start-WOAH!" Momoyo left Lee Moon Young next to Asia and the others, then stand not that far away from Chikao, and the moment she finished saying the word: Finish. Her boyfriend breath out cold air that literally cover the ground with ice and even the air became a bit visible while making the temperature going down. Spreading out, that made Momoyo realize what Chikao is doing. Therefore, Momoyo releases enough heatwave to melt the cold air and ice around her.

A [Magic Circle] appears right in front of Momoyo, causing her to leap away as the [Magic Circle] shoot a pillar of ice up from the ground, aiming to smash straight towards her. But, wasn't fast enough to take advantage of the moment Momoyo was caught off guard for a second.

Chikao creates another [Arcane Science Magic Circle] on the ice pillar, where he proceeds to slice razor-sharp sections of it off and send them to Momoyo, who still in midair.

Momoyo seeing this just blast a small heatwave underneath her left feet to spin around in midair to avoid being touched by the ice discs by an inch.

"Force and fury. Flaring' high spirits!" Momoyo releasing heatwaves around her, forming a small barrier around her made out of flames. "[Way of the Scorching Heat - The Flame King's Violent Roar]!" Momoyo using her [Ki] to form a small platform underneath her feet, bending her knees a bit before pushing herself straight toward Chikao. As she punch with a swirl of heatwaves wrapping around her and with enough force and what to even cause the surrounding to melt and/or catching on fire.

Chikao snap his finger, to put out the fire around the area and using [17th Period Math Time] to revert the melting process, putting the are back into its original form from before. Then, another snap of his finger, to create another [17th Period Math Time Magic Circle] in front of Momoyo, with the formula: [Momoyo + (Gravity x Double)], bring her down straight down faster than she should with the momentum she built up. Then, with another formula: [Area + (Cold + Air)] to reduce the heatwaves produced by Momoyo enough to prevent her from using her [Root Martial Art of Raging Flame Eruption].

Yet, these [Magic Circles] didn't even last for a few seconds before Momoyo destroy them with a few couples of punches reinforced with [Ki]. Then, the heatwaves produced by Momoyo's body begin to grow again.

"You got to do better than that, to take me down, Chikao!" Momoyo gathers a large number of heatwaves around her right hand before forming a fist and punch out, "[Way of the Scorching Heat - The Flame King's Might]!" A massive large shape of a fist made out of flames hurls straight towards Chikao fast.

Chikao stays silent and forms a double-layer [Arcane Science Magic Circle] in front of him. Forming a vertical water vortex spinning rapidly and expanding large enough to match the massive large fire fist.

Upon crash between fire and water, producing hot steam in the area, which didn't affect the people on the sideline thanks to Chikao making sure it doesn't go too far out the area.

Afterward, Chikao forms a massive [Arcane Science Magic Circle] in the sky to manipulate the vectors of air molecules, creating a suction force on the hot steam to gather at a single point in the middle of the [Magic Circle] before filtering it out with a [17th Period Math Time] to literally erase the hot steam from existence.

Momoyo appears right in front of Chikao, with her left fist is already in motion to hitting Chikao's face.

Yet, before it could.

Chikao literally disappears, causing Momoyo's left straight punch to hit air only.

Momoyo uses [Ki-Sense] to detect Chikao and sidestep to the side, nearly having her arm sliced off by a razor-sharp blade of wind. Then leap away when an explosion nearby almost hit her, but with her body has long-form a resistance towards anything related to heat. Making the explosion less harmful to her up close, but that doesn't change the fact that it will still hurt her if she allows the explosion to touch her.

Chikao set down a [Arcane Science Magic Circle] next to Momoyo the moment her body tried to form a barrier made out of heatwave and absorb the heat directly into the [Magic Circle] to form a boiling hot water orb, which Chikao destroy the hot water orb straight away via [17th Period Math Time].

"Again?! Seriously, Chikao?! You found another way to counter my martial art?!" Momoyo knew this was a new method her boyfriend came up with in dealing with her [Root Martial Art of Raging Flame Eruption], where instead of instantly canceling the heatwaves produce by her body. It was literally sucked out of her, making her body cold, which is a lot worse since she can easily reproduce more heatwaves. However, this time, the heat within her was sucked away, to the bare minimum for her body to function alright. "Okay, I'll call it my loss. No way am I be able to cause any much harm to you the moment you bring this out." Momoyo wasn't going to continue this spar after seeing how easily Chikao removed the heat needed for the [Root Martial Art of Raging Flame Eruption] and also making her weak too by making her body become cold.

"HOLY SHIT!" Lee Moon Young shouts at the top of her lungs, for she has just witnessed and she is beyond shock. Heck! She starting to realize how dangerous the world she lives in! No wonder Momoyo kept on telling her how important [Ki] is and she already has trouble facing someone like Chikao! "Is it possible for me to learn more about [Magic] instead?"

"I wouldn't if I were you." Ingui Yoon's facial expression didn't change one bit throughout the whole time for the spar between Chikao and Momoyo. "Just thinking about the requirement to use [Magic] for humans is a headache for me."

"What you need to do in order to use [Magic]?" Lee Moon Young asks out of curiosity and with hope, but mainly just curious for regular humans to use [Magic], excluding [Ki] users.

"Math." Momoyo spoke up before Ingui Yoon does. "Lots and lots of math. You would need to be a genius in math to use [Human Magic] as well as being born with [Mana]. Otherwise, you would have to go for the other method Chikao had discovered, which is the pure calculation for everything, and I mean for everything. To be able to use Chikao's version of [Human Magic]." Momoyo did a quick brief on the requirements to use [Human Magic] to Lee Moon Young.

Lee Moon Young looks at Chikao in disbelief, for someone needs to use this [Human Magic] and with [Mana]. Yet, Chikao here discovered another method to use [Human Magic] without [Mana], giving many people the option to use [Human Magic] as long they calculate EVERYTHING!

Georg upon hearing this, let out muffled shouts and looking at Chikao with bloodshot eyes. Even Cao Cao is looking at Chikao with shock, for he too knew how difficult it is in using [Human Magic], which is why he barely manages to recreate the Hindu's [Transportation Magic Circle] and a few other [Magic] like for the ability of flight. Anything else is beyond his limits.

Chikao uses the brief moment of chance to use the [Selective Memory Delete Spell] on both Cao Cao and Georg, to not know about his version of [Human Magic]. He would have done the same to Lee Moon Young if it wasn't for the [Numeromancy] considered the chance of this paying his ass if he allows Lee Moon Young to keep this memory and it didn't. Only Cao Cao and Georg did, which why he didn't even blink for even a second to erase some of their memories.

"Do you have a computer for a brain or something?" Lee Moon Young never had the desire to open someone's skull to check inside if they really have a brain or not until now.

"Or something." Chikao replied, causing Lee Moon Young to have a twitchy right eye. "Anyway, now that you have seen with your own eyes how a common Magician fight against a Martial Artist. I think you girls know what this training trip will be about including learning how to use [Ki]." Chikao ignores the gazes looking at him for calling what he has done was something a common Magician could do, even Georg stop shouting to give Chikao a look that says: BULLSHIT!

"That's great and all, but there wasn't anything for us to see that would help us face against Magicians." Lee Moon Young has her own way of thinking things, even being smart in the area she specializes in, but this is an entirely new subject that she has no clue where to begin! Let alone figuring out how to beat a Magician, seeing how Chikao had it easy to fight someone on Momoyo's level.

"I have a few ideas." Ingui Yoon is a bit glad, that yesterday's lesson from Chikao about how Magicians fight. "But, I'll explain a bit later in private." She looks at Cao Cao and Georg, who looking right back at her. Trying to gather Intel on this group, especially anything related to Chikao. Something Ingui Yoon won't allow and making her feel a bit weird, that she would think this way in wanting to protect Chikao from having his abilities discovered by potential threats.

"Alright." Lee Moon Young saw where Ingui Yoon is looking and knew not to push this. "Anyway, mind telling me now inside? I rather learn now than I have more confidence in training under Momoyo." Lee Moon Young still couldn't how a Martial Artist, even on Momoyo's level couldn't beat Chikao and need the answers that Ingui Yoon might have, to give her hope that all her works in training up to now weren't a waste.

Ingui Yoon looks away from Cao Cao and Georg as she looks at her friend before looking at Momoyo for permission, and she got it with a nod from Momoyo. Then, Ingui Yoon lead Lee Moon Young inside the building to explain what she has seen so far and what is needed to learn to fight against Magicians or at least a gist of what path they need to work on to do so.

8