Arc 2 – Chapter 15: Changes & Opportunities
610 5 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 2 - Chapter 15: Changes & Opportunities

An hour later*

"Uh, Chikao. Now what?" Momoyo did not expect so many deaths in a single day. "Don't you think, that we made more enemies than allies now?" Momoyo couldn't believe how powerful Ophis is and right the said Ouroboros Dragon sleeping in her newly improved backpack. Also, seems to change her size to a toddler for some reasons, that she rather not find out what those reasons are.

"Oh, it won't matter for long if we make many enemies or not." Chikao said in a monotone, for many things are coming to plan.

Somehow, this makes him feel like a villain for thinking those last few words. Yet, it felt right.

Nonetheless, Chikao will just have to use [Calamity Inducement] a couple of times before going on a long hunt of materials to help him increase the success rate in the many routes he wants to take. One of them is to continue to improve his body further and for the long-term. He will have to go beyond refining his body for future level-ups.

"You're not planning to do another genocide again, right?" Momoyo glance over the side, where nearly everything is covered in blood. Even the trees weren't spared from being dyed in the color of blood. Some even have corpses hanging from the branches of the trees.

Chikao kept quiet, not answering Momoyo's question as he activates the [Arcane Science Magic Circle] on a massive size and convert all the corpses, blood, everything that wasn't part of the area before Ophis begin her killing spree, then a big crimson sphere the size of a boulder floating before him.

"Well... That's one way of cleaning things up." Momoyo feels a bit disturbed by the floating boulder that looks too much like blood. "Also, what are you planning to use that for?" Momoyo seriously hopes it wasn't something to use for [Spirit Medicine]. Otherwise, Momoyo might have to put off using any made by Chikao or anyone for a long time before she could even think about using any [Spirit Medicine].

"Uh..." Chikao has many options to pick out, to say to Momoyo and most of them are kinda with bad endings. Better pick the one that has the least impact. "Would you believe me, that this is to help me improve my body before it blows up?" Chikao decided to pick the route where Momoyo will learn about his little problem.

"BLOW UP?!" Momoyo move straight into Chikao's personal space and begin touching him everywhere, finding the cause that might trigger his body to explode! "Why would you blow up, Chikao?!"

"What?!" Asia also panics and quickly move over to use her [Sacred Gear: Twilight Healing] in the hope it would help prevent Chikao from blowing up.

"Calm down." Chikao begins to explain enough, but everything, about why he needs this boulder made out of the deads. In hindsight, Chikao should have explained this early on, but better now than later.

"I see, but will this be enough to not make your body explode?" Momoyo is somewhat relieved, that her boyfriend won't have a painful death by explosion any time soon. "Though, is this why you were studying in [Spirit Medicine] in the first place?" Everything makes so much sense now to Momoyo, that her boyfriend would cause all this chaos. Momoyo would do the same if she was in Chikao's shoes. Not to mention, she is no longer disgusted with what Chikao is doing. She would even help out if possible.

Love can make many people do silly things.

"Yeah, this should plenty for the time being. I'll have to gather more in the future and yeah, some of the [Spirit Medicine] I need to make would work together with the rituals I'm planning to perform. Come on, we need to leave." Chikao knew that reinforcement will arrive soon if they stick around. "You can help me when I perform the rituals. Asia, you'll be needed too." Chikao made sure to include Asia since she might do something stupid in the name of helping him.

Then, frowning a little, for the Devil that aiming for Asia wasn't among the people that came here. Making Chikao annoyed that this Devil that supposedly appeared here with a 80% chance of it happening, but it looks like the Devil's instinct is pretty good, or else this Devil would be part of the crimson sphere to be used for his rituals.

Nonetheless, Chikao will make sure to kill that Devil so Asia won't have to worry about her safety. Even if Ophis is always with her. Something that baffles Chikao to no end about why Ophis like Asia so much, not even [Numeromancy] gave him the answer to this. Either way, Chikao won't rest until he kills this Devil, for this Devil cause too many problematic routes to appear whenever nearby and always escape before Chikao can even see the guy with this own eyes.

For the time being, Chikao will just keep on using [Calamity Inducement] on this Devil until his luck runs out and die. Saving Chikao the time and effort of having to keep track of this Devil consistently.


The next day*

"Are you alright, Chikao?" Momoyo asks with concern, with Asia standing next to him, healing him with the best she can do. "Did anything go wrong with the rituals?" Momoyo couldn't believe, that Chikao would go through a series of multiple rituals in a short time. Even doing it last night when the full moon rises at the time for one of the rituals to work at its peak. Well, that's what Chikao told her before he was knocked out cold for an hour after the ritual was done.

"Peachy." Chikao said dryly as he stays in bed while Asia continues to use her [Twilight Healing] to dull his agony body, which was being painfully being refined, including the bones themselves, giving Chikao a good taste of what it feels like having one's bones being breaking down and rebuilding back up without anything to dull the pain while staying conscious too. "On the bright side, I think I might have increased my pain tolerance a lot. Also, I no longer have a sore throat from all the screaming I did." Boy did he scream. If it wasn't for the spells to make the place soundproof. People within a mile would have heard the scream of pain.

"Ha. Ha. Very funny. You made me worry with all the screaming. If it wasn't for you telling Asia and me beforehand. We would have tried to stop the ritual somehow." Momoyo never been so scared in her life until seeing her own boyfriend bleeding everywhere and screaming so loud, that she nearly went deaf if it wasn't for her [Ki] protecting her while Ophis made sure to protect Asia. Luckily she did because Momoyo temporarily forgot about Asia. "Now, that you finish this ritual. Is there another one?"

Momoyo seriously wonders how in the world Chikao was not that well known in the supernatural world with all the things he does, including these rituals that do things she never heard of before until now. Hell, she wouldn't be surprised if these rituals are Chikao own creation. He did create many different branches of [Magic] already. Adding ritual creation into the list wouldn't change much.

"Yeah, there is still one left and it should take the last remaining of the materials for the ritual." Chikao couldn't believe this was all possible, all because he bribes Ophis. Well, more like if he didn't have [Rune Element], then it will be impossible unless he uses one of the very long routes, to draw enough attention to a single location and appearing all at once for Ophis to kill them.

"What this one will do?" Momoyo asks Chikao as she watches him getting up from the bed and snap his fingers, to form a [Arcane Science Magic Circle] in the middle of the room again, where the leftover crimson sphere is at.

"Another body refinement." Chikao replied, then stand in front of the [Magic Circle] and trigger it straight away, which cause a burning sensation throughout his body, but that only last for a solid minute before it goes away and along with the crimson sphere that was made out of all the corpses and blood of the beings from the supernatural world. "That's should do it." Chikao check that his body is now stable and ready for a level up or two. He is leaning to only a single level up than two. Not enough luck built up for two level-ups without any big hidden bad side-effects. However, he will continue to refine his body a bit more so he won't need to rely on [Probability] for the 2nd level up.

"Now, that's over. What's our next move?" Momoyo secretly sighs in relief, that Chikao doesn't have to go through any more rituals. Some of them were just plain awful to see with her own eyes and will for sure give her nightmares for a week or so.

"Now? I think we should focus on Asia a bit more." Chikao said to Momoyo, then look at Asia, who is putting on a severe look while standing next to him without a single word, healing any hidden injuries. Not paying any mind to what Chikao said just now. "It has been over a month since Asia has three [Sacred Gears]. So far, she made a significant improvement with the [Twilight Healing] but barely made any progress with [Dimension Lost]. The [True Longinus] is getting there, no problem there. So, I think Asia could work on [Dimension Lost] a bit more."

"Why does Asia need to work on [Dimension Lost] more?" Momoyo asks mostly out of curiosity. "Is it to improve her defensive or something?"

"Kinda, but on the dimension scale in forming multiple layers of barriers. That way, Asia could even withstand being in the Dimensional Gap." Chikao replied, still can't believe it took him this long to find out the name of the place in-between dimensions. "Anyway, Asia. You don't have to keep healing me. I should be fully healed now, thanks to you." Chikao gives Asia a small smile, which in return he sees Asia give a big bright smile.

"You should really perform safer rituals, Chikao." Asia pouts at Chikao, making him chuckle a little before patting her head, which just makes Asia puff her cheeks for not being treated seriously!

"Trust me, these rituals are much safer than the ones other people know." Chikao has seen enough rituals being performed via [Numeromancy] to know that he is getting the better side of the whole thing. Since with extra materials and [Probability] to make it so that his body, mind, and soul are not heavily changed in a bad way, unlike other people. "So, Asia. Time for you to train more in your [Sacred Gear: Dimension Lost] since that will be the biggest help for everyone. Trust me, we'll need it." Chikao couldn't outright say that many of the most dangerous routes are overcomes thanks to Asia's [Dimension Lost] protecting everyone when it's needed. After all, both Chikao and Momoyo's bodies are still humans, as in still very killable through many means.

"I understand! I'll do my best." Asia brings her hands up to her neck in the form of a fist, giving Chikao a look of determination. "When should we start?" Asia eager for training once more after she realized she didn't put enough effort into practicing with the [Dimension Lost].

"We can start anytime." Chikao replied.

Momoyo's stomach let out a loud growl, making its presence known that it's hungry again.

"After lunch." Chikao continues off.

"After lunch." Asia agrees without changing her facial expression.

"After lunch." Momoyo agreed as well, not one bit embarrassed.

Ophis didn't say anything and just nod, to show she agreed and rather not be left out.


A week later*

"You know, I think you made a good call in having Asia working more with the [Dimension Lost]." Momoyo said to Chikao, where they are currently trying to leave the underground after grabbing the material needed for a [Spirit Medicine] Chikao wanted to make, yet the underground collapse on itself the moment Chikao grab the material.

Luckily, Asia has already formed a barrier with [Dimension Lost] around them; otherwise, they would be buried alive.

"Yup." Chikao could have used [Arcane Science] or even [17th Period Math Time] to prevent the underground from collapsing, but he didn't. As to allow Asia to show off her progress, and the smile on her face right now made it a good choice. Since this one of the routes, that will improve Asia's self-confidence. "Good job, Asia."

"Thank you!" Asia smile brightly and happy to be some help right now.

"By the way, Chikao. Are you sure it was a good idea to introduce Ingui Yoon and Lee Moon Young to the Sun-Woo Clan?" Momoyo recalls the conversation with those two before being sent off to the Sun-Woo Clan for future training.

"Don't worry, they will become great friends with Jang So-Sul, not to mention Jang So-Sul will take this as owing us a favor for sending her two talented Martial Artists around her age." Chikao couldn't really explain how this was mainly to push Ingui Yoon's crush for him to be transferred over to Shi-Woon Yi. Instead of making Ingui Yoon hating more of the male gender than she already does.

"If you say so." Momoyo can't place her finger on it, but she got the feeling Chikao is planning something that involves Ingui Yoon mostly than the others. Well, she trusts Chikao enough that he won't do something harmful to Ingui Yoon and Lee Moon Young. "So, now that we have what we came for. Where are we going next? After we figure out a way to get out of here first, that is."

"Well, it's easy for us to leave." Chikao snap his finger, creating a [Flying Thunder God Magic Circle] big enough to have all four within the circle, then snap his finger again to teleport everyone out of the collapsed underground.


30 minutes later*

"Here you go, Asia." Chikao tosses her the [Spirit Medicine] he just created from the materials, including the one that was taken from the underground that collapsed. "This will increase your body fitness and improve your stamina by threefolds permanently." Chikao knew how Asia's stamina is a major weakness for her. Even after all the training, she has done so far. "And since there are no one around but us. We will take this chance for Asia to go through a ritual too, and don't worry, it's painless and doesn't have any bad side-effects. It'll just increase the effects of the pill after you take it." Chikao explain what ritual he planning for Asia to take and made sure to be a bit detailed than normal just to calm everyone's nerves since this will be the very first time Asia will go through a ritual.

"Will it be a fast one? I could use a shower right about now." Momoyo said to Chikao, frowning that she did not like being underground with dust and dirt getting on her everywhere. Places she rather not be at. "Or can you use your [Cleaning Spell] on me real quick?" Momoyo watches her boyfriend snap his fingers and Momoyo feels her entire body, including are completely clean again. "Thanks, Chikao."

"You shouldn't take that long really. A minute or two and it be done." Chikao replied as he snap his finger to create the [Magic Circle] to be used for the ritual. "Asia, if you will." Chikao point in the middle of the [Magic Circle] for her to stand on before the ritual begin.

"Okay." Asia places Ophis down before walking into the [Magic Circle] without any hesitation on her part. For she has absolute trust in Chikao, that he won't cause her any harm whatsoever. Even Ophis just stay in her backpack to watch, not worry about Asia's safety.

"You may take the pill now whenever you're ready, Asia." Chikao said to Asia and when she did. He snap his fingers to begin the ritual. "Hey, Momoyo. Mind driving the car over?" Chikao didn't look away from Asia, who has her eyes closed and have her grasp together, placed underneath her chin. Asia's usual prayer position.

"Sure." Momoyo walks off to get their car.

"Ophis, have you been to another universe from the one we're in right now through the Dimensional Gap before?" Chikao took this chance to ask Ophis right now since it's the best time to do so.

"I have." Ophis replied. Then stop talking afterward while continue watching the ritual nearly finish.

"What is the chance of anyone from this universe entering another universe through the Dimensional Gap?" Chikao asks Ophis while the ritual just a few seconds from being done.

"Other than Great Red and me. No one." Ophis replied in a monotone, then begin hopping over to Asia as the ritual finished and land right in front of Asia, waiting to be picked up.

Chikao let Ophis go without asking another question. Like the most important ones.

Can she take others with her to the other universe?

Can those from the other universe besides this one come into the Highschool DxD universe?

Chikao already knows the answer to that with [Numeromancy], where there are barely any routes for that. Making these routes extremely important to him.


Author Note:

Okay, people. I hope you guys liked how I upload 5 chapters per week for this story. Anyway, thanks to a good friend of mine talking to me about this idea. So, I might as well try to see if it work or not.

Here the deal. I'm going on a hiatus. NOW HOLD ON! Don't go mad at me! My friend wanted me to try to see if I can write a "Finished" story before posting it online instead of just going around blind. This is mainly a test to see how it works for me. Also, with the whole covid going on. I'm going to see if I can get some money out of this and change writing from a hobby to a part-time job on the side. If it works, I'll keep going if not, well it stays as a hobby.

So, this "Finished" story of mine will be posted all at once to let you guys see how it is compared to all my previous works. If it's good, then I'll do it again, but the 2nd "Finished" story will have a few chapters posted for free and the rest will be on my patron, with the hope you guys could spare some money for me to survive.

Anyway, it's going to be a while before you guys going to hear me for weeks, maybe an entire month. I'm not going to make this test last longer than a month or two. Hopefully, by then, I'll have somewhat a finished story. Till then, I'll see you guys later with a finished story in a month or so.

Oh! Before I go, if things go great with this whole thing. Then, I will make a poll on my patron, for everyone to decide if I should finish one of my previous unfinished stories or just continue on the previous ones I have been working on so far. The Irregular Maker, Waiting Time, and Key of Light.

On the downside, if this doesn't work out and I get burned out from this I will go back to what I did before.

Don't hate me! I have a small ego and my motivation will die out quicker than melted butter on a hot pan!

Anyway, wish me luck guys!

10