Chapter 1 – Naughty Doctor
2.5k 2 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

"She's a genius." Connie watched her daughter disassemble a computer, source out its problem, then repair it in record time.  Coral nodded too.

"Yeah, I don't know how we are sisters."  They were both ten years old, but Shyla was on a different level of intellect.  She never held it over her sister's head, or tried to belittle her either.  She helped her in whatever way she could.  They stopped when Shyla looked at the computer and frowned.

"What's wrong, baby?"  Shyla turned to her mother.

"This system is the best right now?"  Her mother nodded.  "Then technology isn't very advanced.  I can see a dozen different ways to improve this system.  The processor alone is so poor compared to what it could be, that I'm surprised it can run any virtual 3D games."  Coral tilted her head.

"Well, it can, but the environment makes some people sick."  She said.  "Me included."  Shyla snapped her head towards her.

"Then don't use it, Corrie.  The reason you have problems is your brain is trying to fill in information that isn't there.  When you move your head, it expects to see certain things, and fills in what it thinks should be there.  The result is a sensory feedback."  She came forward and put her forehead to her sisters.  "Promise me you won't play those games until I came make you something better."  This was her habit.  When she was concerned about her sister, she put their foreheads together, and looked her in the eyes.

"Okay, Shy.  I'll wait on you."  Shyla was only ten, but she was incredibly intelligent.  "How long will it take?  A few years?"  Shyla grinned at her sister's question.

"If I have the equipment, I can make the processor and boards in about six months."  Connie watched her daughter's face.  No deceit.

"Alright, Shy, I'll get your grandfather to get you the equipment.  How much will this enhance the system?"

"Whatever is available now will be considered a dinosaur."

 

 

George watched the old man's pride flash on his face for only a few seconds.

"I'll get her the equipment, Connie.  She'll need to set up a corporation in order to patent and market her designs, but if my hunch is correct, that girl already has the paperwork in place.  She probably requires your signature in order to make it happen."  He smiled only briefly.

"Yeah, she thinks far too fast, and I can't keep up with her.  Luckily for me, she's patient with us.  I'll let her know, father."

"Will you upgrade our systems with her inventions?"  George asked after the call terminated.

"Of course.  That girl redesigned our software, and found a few leaks we weren't aware of.  She also found evidence of activities in our accounts I wasn't aware of.  She has the right mind for it.  And I hope she'll see the way she needs to go."  His last sentence was said softly.

"I understand, sir.  Any kind of encouragement needed?"  He shook his head.

"No, George.  She'll see it in the data.  I'm sure of it."

 

 

"Hello, Tandy."  The doctor lifted her eyes and smiled at the twelve year old girl who had taken up residence in her lab recently.

"Hello, baby.  Here to make history?"  She asked quietly.  Shyla nodded, her face no longer smiled these days.  "You're twelve today, Shy.  A far cry from the genius inventor of that new computer system.  Why aren't you with your sister?"

"You know why.  If I don't get what I need from them, they could threaten her again."  Shyla said in a cold voice.

"They already broke, baby.  Are you sure you want to continue?"  Tandy said softly.  It broke her heart to see this girl become like her.  Shyla walked over, inhaled her scent, and pushed her face against her cleavage.  She stayed there for only a minute before she walked away.  She did that every time, gathered her wits, and went to work.

"I need the knowledge, doctor.  These are not people.  They are specimens.  Corpses."  Tandy sighed softly as Shyla went into the zone.  She needed this zone in order to find everyone associated with the group that tried to kidnap her sister.  She had the local group here in the lab.  She wanted everyone outside that group as well.

"I understand, Shyla.  I'll watch, and give you whatever guidance you need.  Have you finished your project?"  Tandy asked her softly.

"Yes.  With an implant, I can now download the information right into a storage device.  I'll need to upgrade the system's data storage, and software so that it can handle the data, decompile it, and analyze it so I get what I need, not the extras from basic activities."  She turned on her computer, and looked at her screen.  "Computer, turn up nutrient solution by five percent in all specimens, and increase the lab temperature by three degrees.  Initiate bypass and transfer organ controls to new software on specimen one."  She watched as the patient began to shake, and watched the data flow on the screen.

"You're going to lose him, baby."  Tandy said softly.

"I know.  I need the data more than I need his life.  Plus, I can revive him, and try again."  She heard a beep from the computer.  "Redlined.  System, revert control back to the host, and initiate restart procedures."  Tandy watched as the computer shocked his heart directly, and his body came back to life.  "Looks like the interface isn't as efficient as I need it to be.  I need a system that can be hidden inside the brain and can take over life support functions in times of crisis, not be an intricate series of systems on the outside."  Tandy watched Shyla as her mind roared to life and analyzed the data.

"What about here?"  Tandy pointed to the bone beneath the skull that it sat upon.  It was a collar that helped to cushion and protect the spinal cord, as well as allow the skull and neck to move.  The connection was necessary to allow a human to enjoy life.  Without it, the cord could snap, or cause a lot of harm to the nerve tissues.  "This bone might be able to be replaced with lined titanium, have fittings for the interface to be built into it, and connected directly to the body's systems."  Shyla looked at the x-rays and nodded.

"True.  Also, a bit further forward, just behind the ear, I can put an implant in that will allow direct access to a lot of the brain, but also protect it from sight, and most blows to the head.  It's rare that someone gets hit there.  Should I think about a complete replacement of the skull and make it armored?"  Shyla said in a low tone.

"You'll need to design the interface so it works with nerve tissues, and most metals don't have that ability without making the nerve sensitive to its presence."  Tandy was a font of medical knowledge.  She leaned down, and laid her large breasts on top of Shyla's head, and allowed her head to go up between them.  She heard a soft sigh from the girl's lips.

"You always like to tease me now that I'm in puberty."  She heard Tandy chuckle.

"I'm not teasing.  I'm giving you a little 'head' to let you relax and think of a solution."  Tandy smiled while Shyla giggled.

"You are so naughty!"  she shivered slightly, reached up, and lightly patted her teacher's soft breasts.  "Now be good.  I have to design this interface for my patients."  She paused slightly, then started to type some lines of code in the computer.  As a device began to take form, Tandy started to smile.

"Don't forget that the brain operates on a combination of electrical and electrochemical.  Neurons, sensors, interneurons.  It makes all the cells respond to commands.  The human brain is a living computer, with integrated circuits that can adapt, adjust, and change over time.  Your interface should only be just that.  The connection you need to the brain.  Remember the science fiction show that used something called isolinear chips?  They were interchangeable control chips, data storage devices, but without them, the ships wouldn't run.  Each one had a series of programs, and information on them."  Shyla stopped for a moment.

"I never watched that show.  It sounds like a more advanced version of SSD, but solid state drives have only information on them.  They need the entire computer to be of any use."  Shyla thought for another moment.  "Then why not build the interface, and some hardware into the parts around the interface to act as the computer?  I can also use the brain itself as part of the computer's processing ability.  This is going to take time to design."  Tandy smiled at her student's abilities.  She far outclassed Tandy in ability, and now medical knowledge, however, the girl never looked down on her, or treated her as expendable.  She was important to her growth as a young woman, and had loads of information, as well as experience, so she intended to keep Tandy close and learn from her as much as possible.

"Did you need my assistance with anything?"

"Just watch their data, and check the data we got from that first attempt.  If you see something I don't, and I know you will, let me know.  I need every edge I can get."  Tandy felt warm inside.  This girl appreciated her abilities as a doctor, and didn't need her for her less than savory aspects.  The ones that allowed her to dissect a living subject without pain meds, just to get information for her boss.

This resulted in her more deviant traits slowly subsiding, and her more clinical nature to regain control.  She can still do the job she needs to do, but she won't enjoy it anymore.  It's now just a job.

However, this had an unseen side effect.  She slowly grew attached to the young woman, and became more fascinated with her with each passing day.

 

48