5_Against the broken engagement
53 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I, Mariam, am the villainess of an otome game, I know because I played the game in her previous life, like Anabel the heroine, she liked a lot Anabel, despite she not being the original goody two shoes heroine, but she was a stupid maiden in love, yes, she really loved the prince, my fiancé, from the depths of her heart, and that was the reason that the prince fell in love with Anabel, to the point of neglecting me, and I have done all those horrible things for their sake. And all of that lead them to this place and moment, the place and moment that I had been avoiding all the time, we are in the presence of the king, with the prince at his side, Anabel near him as the victim, and me in the place of the accused.

-And then she destroyed Anabel books and scattered the pages in the backyard.

That was the last witness, most of the witness blamed me for things that other people did, like this, trying to gain the prince favour. There were things that I really did, like throwing her in a closet and locking the door every time that a party was held in the school. At this moment the king was going to speak, but the prince, overstepping his authority, said

-For all those crimes, I hereby annul our engagement and sentence you to death, also I will proclaim my new engagement with Anabel.

The prince had done it, the dumbass, probably it has been a suggestion of Anabel, the other idiot. I have been fighting so hard to avoid this exact situation, because this was a real world, not the game.

-What is the meaning of this, son!!!!

-Let me explain king- I spoken for the first time in all this farce -The prince and Anabel have been dating since the first, I like Anabel, so I was willing to let her be his mistress, but the pair of lovebirds never listened to me, I tried to said to the that this will bring them problems, but they never listened, I even tried to explain them how things work, even that the engagement was made by your majesty and my father, the duke, so the only ones that can annul it are you two. So, I had to take drastic measures to protect those two, like hiding Anabel every time a party was held so she didn't come and act as the prince fiancé instead of me. I was expecting them to grow up and listen to the teacher lessons about law.

Yes, because that world was a real one, with proper laws working, thing where very different from the otome games, in this world, it wasn't love what matter, but politics, and the heroine was simply a potential court magician due to her high magic power, and only because of this she was studying in the noble’s school. And she made the wrong assumption that everything worked like the otome game, and that in the end she will be able to obtain the love of the prince and marry him, but there was never love between thee prince and me, it was only a convenient marriage for the sake of politics, what’s more, due to how engagements worked, it wasn't exactly us that were engaged, but the firstborn daughter of the duke and the crown prince, so if anything happened to us, simply the next in line will be the one married.

-Is this true, son!!!???- Said the king, angry

-Yes, the one that I love is Anabel. That vile woman deserves death for all she has done to her.

-I will proclaim my sentence, because you, my son, doesn't have this authority, and you will never have, I proclaim Mariam innocent of all charges, nobody proved that she had done anything aside for what she confessed at the end, I have only listened a bunch of fools trying to gain favour. I also proclaim Anabel culprit of hight treason against the crown, for sabotaging the engagement between the duke's family and the royal family, and I also declare that from this day the first prince will no longer be the crowned prince, and he will no longer be part of the royal family, I will not let a dumbass that doesn't even know some of our basic laws be a future possible ruler of this country. I will proclaim the exact punishments for Anabel and the prince at a later date, after speaking with all affected parties. The court is dismissed.

At the end, thanks to my intervention, the two of them where exiled in a remote place, controlled by the country where their where able to live happily, even after all what they done to me at that trial I liked Anabelle. The prince? I didn't care about him since the beginning, as I had said, our engagement was due to political reasons, and differently from the heroine, I learned how to live in this world

1