Chapter 5
117 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

After about an hour of resting another person slammed open the door,as the door was slammed open a cold gust came through causing Erwin and the wanderer to shiver a little bit. 

 

The person who walked through the door was a female nightwalker with some of her bones showing on her legs,her legs were the only part of her besides her face that wasn't covered up. Some of her face bone could be seen as well with some of her flesh missing.

 

The female nightwalker wore a black ripped coat and a red shirt which seemed to have some blood stains on them,she also wore a pair of ripped trousers which were normally gray but were stained with blood on them. 

 

“A-ahhhh what are you!” Erwin was the one who had screamed out in shock,he had never seen such a sight in his life.

 

The nightwalker looked like a walking corpse which had rotted away by a considerable amount. From her rotting face to her legs to the ordinary person she looked terrifying.

 

“W̷e̶r̷e̵ ̸y̸o̸u̷ ̵r̶e̸a̸l̷l̶y̸ ̷s̷c̵a̵r̶e̶d̷ ̴b̸y̶ ̵t̴h̴a̸t̵ ̷h̵u̶m̴a̵n̷?̷” The wanderer was surprised by how easily Erwin had been scared. “P̵w̷a̶h̴a̴h̸a̷h̵a̶” The wanderer let out a ghastly laugh at the sight of the human being so scared by a mere nightwalker.

 

A nightwalker was a type of ‘monster’,it was a zombie with intelligence and they were known to have quite a few settlements in the kingdom of Radana however nobody ever visited them or even went near them since their were a lot of urban legends about nightwalkers torturing people in devious and cruel ways and after that they would eat the victim alive. Although this was far from the truth in actuality they were fairly civil people who were nothing like the urban legends.

 

The nightwalker stared at Erwin for a few seconds before closing the door behind her; she then walked up to Erwin and started mumbling to herself. “A human and not just any human...a strong human for its age…” 

 

“E-excuse me could you not get s-so close to me please” Erwin was now stuttering over his words not only because he was scared of the nightwalker but also because now she was very up close with Erwin.

 

“Oh sorry young human this is my first time seeing one of your kind in a very long time so my curiosity got the better of me” The nightwalker was actually much more polite then Erwin had expected this caught him very off guard.

 

“O-oh its o-okay nightwalker” Erwin continued to stutter over his words. “Oh right i’m sorry I should introduce myself. My name is Melina, young human,what is your name?” 

 

“My name is Erwin M-miss Melina” Erwin was being the most courteous he had been in a very long time it was most likely due to a mix of nervousness and fear.

 

“Oh Erwin I see…” Melina got out a slightly damaged notepad and started writing down some information “Name Erwin...Gender unsure…” Melina was saying out loud what she was writing however when after she finished her notes Erwin was a bit angry.

 

“What do you mean gender unsure? Do I not clearly look like a male to you!” While Erwin was shouting this the wanderer was just slightly laughing to himself ‘who would've thought that a human could be so funny’ the wanderer had never seen such a reaction upon meeting a nightwalker before since to him nightwalkers were fairly harmless but inquisitive creatures.

 

“Well you seem like a girl and a guy how am I supposed to tell with your feminine  features and short stature?...although your name is that of a males” Melina was now shaking her head at this human,never in her 120 years of living had she seen such an interesting person.

 

“Well remember i’m a guy next time Melina...hmmph” Erwin was fairly self conscious about people getting his gender wrong since so many people in his life had thought that he was actually a girl.

 

“Who is that wanderer in the corner over there Erwin?” Melina asked this in an inquisitive tone,”I actually don’t know,I never thought to ask him” Erwin had now only realized that he didn’t know the wanderers name this caused him to become curious about the wanderers name.

 

“Say what is your name wanderer? And why are you just sitting in a corner with a human in the same room?,I have never heard of a wanderer who would even tolerate the sight of a human much less be in the same room as one.” Melina was also very intrigued by this nightwalker as well now.

 

“M̸͈̱͍̩̭̿ý̷͓͍̺̰͋ ̶́ͅn̶͎̜̑̋̒͠a̶̰̅̂̓̏m̴̛̰̐̓̎͜͝e̸̙̓̎ ̶̱̯̈́̀î̴̝̺̣̯͒́s̷̨͖̠̮̐̽̌͂̚ͅ ̷̣̩͚̑̓̀̀̓͜ṅ̶̝o̷͎̻̙͘t̵͕̎̌͊ ̴̠͔̩̠͗o̸̥̤̖̘͗f̶̟͓͙̔͛̕ ̴̼͍͐i̷̢͎̼͙̞̽́̋̉m̷̗̼͐ṕ̴̲͔͖̟̂̑͝ͅo̶̦͈̲̱̐̒̍r̷̺̊̽̓t̸͈̥͒̏͌̍̚a̵̤̬̾͊̅n̷̯̞̖͐͐̊̏̋ĉ̴̟̞̐̅ë̵̱̜̭̯́̾͘͘ͅ ̴̨̱̣̬̽͂ͅn̸͙̙̦̍̉́́͠í̶̬̜̩̞̖͘͠ḡ̷̢̛̪̞͎̈͆͝h̵̥̩͎͍͓̔̈́́͠t̴̨̮͓̠̉̍̋ͅw̶̨̬̟͗̏́͌á̸̙̝̯̞̿̽̏͜ĺ̸̢̠̱͆͒͠k̵̞̍̉̅̾̚e̶̳̓ŗ̶͎̥̭̀̅́̔.̴͓͔͐̈́͗̓.̵̩͋̔̎̕.̵̼̽͛T̶̝̦͙͖̓͌͑͒̚ͅh̶͍̳͓̩̱̿̉̀̆̒e̵̜͓͌̈͑͠ ̸̼̇͒͛ḩ̴̗̖̭̂̽ư̵̹͆͌̂̒m̷̱̓̈́ȃ̷͍̗̙̘̩͊n̸̢̜̯̜̣̊̔̇.̶̙̗̞̔͐͌́͑.̴̛̱̊͂̈͆.̴̤͕̱́̓̄b̷̧͗̃̈ė̵̩̦̣̀a̸̦̮͕̋̌̔͠t̴̺̰̓̐͌ ̷͇̔̔͒ḿ̴̟͚̭̯̀ȩ̴͉̬̲̍͜ ̴̝̪̂͜i̷̪͊n̸͕̣̾̐̅̂̚ ̷̡̛̣̇ã̶̘̫̃ ̵̻̫͉̆̐͐̾ṃ̵̲͚̼͇͒͛͗͑͘a̸̱̓t̷̢̛̞̋̕͝c̶͚̀̅̈́̀h̸͎͓̜̩̒̏̈̌͝ ̷̟͐̍͝͝o̴̹͑̉́̏f̴̣͍̰́͑ ̵̥̭͈͂́̂̏͝s̵̛͙̥̱̜̣̈́͛t̷̢̻̺͓͌̄r̶̖̒ȩ̷̼͕̓͜͜n̶̻̩͊̀̀́͌g̵̛͇̠̓t̶̡̙̞̗̲̔͂h̸̬͒͌ͅ ̷̡͚̰̊̓̌a̶̮̜̺̽̆̂͑n̸̲͔̠̰͖̾̓͂͗̆d̷͍͍͎̽̓͝ ̵̘͚̼̂̽͗̏́͜h̴̼̯̟͔̎ͅe̷͍͊͗ ̷̦̜̰̪̰̋͠a̴̛̹̝̓̒̕s̶̘̃ķ̷̛̣̻̠̮̇́͠͝e̵̢̜̪̊ͅd̸̢̺̞͕̱͒̈́̋̕͠ ̷̬̰̻͔̒̈́ͅf̵̯͍̬̺̍̓͜o̷̹͊͘r̸̭͂͜ ̴̢̪̠̘̿͜ḿ̵̹͈͠ẏ̷̘̹̪̻̆̓̕͘ ̴̡̧͍̘̊̌̉s̶̥̰̭̩͂u̴̯̮͋͒͒̚͠p̸̗̱͈̹̓͌̓͠p̶͕̗̰̔ò̴͍͖̥͆̈́r̷̢͖̬̹̤̀̂̓t̸̖͍͐̒̈́̕ ̴̭̟͕̞͌͊̐ẘ̶̡̫h̸͈̙͗i̵̫̭͔̣̝̔̇͒͊l̵̝̯̲̳̥̃̒̀̀e̷͙̘̲̒͑̏̊̅ ̴̧͓̠̰͛̈́͜w̸̫̟̼̞̒͊̀̐͗e̴̢͎̹̳̋͒̋̃͝ ̸̫̍a̸͚͗̿̾̚r̷̮̲̩̂̈̒͗é̵̻̙̳̥̔̈́̑́ ̵̝͌̀̉i̴͕̼͎̺̠̐̌̈́n̶͖̂̄͜s̴̬̬̯͋̄̓̐̀ï̷͍͈͌͘d̵͈͈́̔̿͂͜͝e̵̩͔͋ ̷͕̬̫͔̥̾̈́̔͠͝ţ̷̦̠̩͋͌ȟ̸͎̋͝ȉ̸̗̰̺͔̞s̷̜̉̄̍̿͝ ̶̲̈͆ŝ̶͇̣͌̚͝ņ̶̦̈́̌̇̇o̴͚͇͚̻̎́̍w̵̱̳̻̼͍̓́y̸̧̻͇̰͖̔̌͘ ̶̖̃̂͝ͅȟ̸͈̗̻͓͓̈̑͗e̴̺͈͉͝l̴̗̬̙̥̓̿l̴̻̱̬͎̈̕ ̴̲̥̗́́͋̄́s̴̜̖͋c̸̠̞͎͎͖̿͌̄̆a̶̡̘͇͕̼̅̓͒p̴̝̗̅̈́̈̍ẻ̴͙ ̵̡͚̝͔͒͆͊̎̽ş̴̙̼̀̃͝o̶̦̳̤̾̅̃͒ ̷͙̫͌i̵̧̥͌̀ ̸̨͙̤͊͋́́̕ͅa̷̱͇̫͓͓͛̊̂c̸̯̚̕c̴̯̜̮̠̬̾̕ẽ̵̢̄p̵̨͎̞̠͉͝t̵̰̋͂͋̕e̵̢͙̖̻̦̓̓d̶̛͓͕̠̥͆̉̈͠.̶̨̫̭̀͂͑͗.̴̯́.̴̜̫̳̟̬̆” The wanderer was quite aggravated by Melina asking these questions since he had to admit he was bested in battle by a human.

 

“Oh my a wanderer beaten in a battle by a human interesting…” Melina once again wrote this down in her notebook.

 

“Ä̸̛̪̥̤́́̓͝n̷̫̦̙͈̍̕ẙ̸̡̲̀̊w̴͇̬̼̑́â̸͍̰̰͂̚y̷̢͂͊̕ ̷̯̽͗̀̃͜h̷̡̟̥̲̱̅̾̂ú̵̡̡͉̟ͅm̶̢̢̞̜̏å̵̢̯͓̭̞n̵͎͘ ̶̭́w̸̫͙̦̐̐̈́ͅḧ̶̛̪̮͎̿̈́ͅy̷̨̤̎̈́̋̃͂ ̴͕͎͉̰͆̋̀ả̸͍r̵̨͍͔̞̈́͌̔e̶̥̎̈ ̷̧͈͛̕ẙ̵̖͜ọ̴̳̹̲͛͝ͅu̴̡̍͠ ̶͊͜s̵̬̟͆͛o̵̡̞̫̖͌̿̔͜ ̵̡̳̳͈̑̇č̷͚͓͕͉h̸̨̧̩͔̞̓̀͗́u̷̢̬̒͐̒m̷̢͚̥̔͊̑͜m̸̰̺͉̞̰͐͆̐ẏ̷̧́͝ ̸̬̥̫͌̂͒w̵̫̖̤͘͝i̸̹̤̝̫̭̐̊͗͝͠ṫ̶͉̾ȟ̵̭̤̟̑͂̓̈́ ̸̮̓̉t̸̟̕h̷̺̙́̾̚ị̸̈́s̵̺̫̯̆ͅ ̷͍̀̃ͅn̸̮̲̗͌́̈̇̃i̷͇̞̪̐̃͛͝g̶͍̱̒ȟ̵̰͋͆͝ţ̶̤͙̂w̸̄̀̀̅̕ͅả̶͕̫̏ļ̵̢̘͉̥̕k̸̞͇̼̱̻̇̔ẻ̸̫̫̈́ṙ̴̘̱͎̪͕͑̒̌̕ ̴̧̩̬̲̍̉ȃ̸̜̳̠̱͚̑̈̍l̸͈̯̽̀͛͝ĺ̶̻̬́ͅ ̸͖͈̒͛ͅo̶͚̍̆͠f̸̥͓͕̻́ ̶͔̈̈́̓̅͝ä̵̦̠̾̒ ̷̢̡̻͖͉̽̚ṣ̶͈̓̽̓̚͘ǘ̸̙̥͓͒̂d̵͍͊̓̈́̈̑ḓ̷̗̀e̸͍̩̞̬̐͌̅̊͊ͅń̶̙̘̹̘̺͆̚?̶̗̣̈̀.̴̥̪̰̄̈́͐͌̕.̴͉̱̣̪͐.̵̧͍̼̀͜” In response to the duo asking questions the wanderer decided to ask his own.

 

The screeching this time hurt Erwin a little bit but it had no effect on Melina possibly due to the fact that she was a ‘monster’ “I’m not too sure why I’m suddenly not as scared of the nightwalker however I know that we must all stick together during this ‘trial’ so that's why I have not rejected being at least aquentices with Melina here.”

 

This reasoning just caused the wanderer to nod his head and stop asking questions. “What do you mean this is a trial human?” It seemed that Melina had not asked the ‘administrator’ any questions. 

 

“It seems you didn’t ask the ‘administrator' any questions... I guess I have to explain all the information I have to you as well…” Erwin proceeded to share the information he had gained from asking the ‘administrator’ questions earlier.

 

“So that voice was this so called ‘administrator’ and this place is a so called ‘trial’?...geez so much information…” Melina was having a slightly hard time digesting all this information that Erwin had just told her.

 

However after a while Melina had finally digested all the information and understood what this whole place was a bit better and what they were supposed to do.

 

“W̵͕͖̲͓̭̽͌́̂̕a̶̹̘̪̒̋ỉ̸͓͍̂̀̈́t̸̝͌͘ ̶͉̎̊̃͛ñ̸̨̼͉̩̾͐̏͗ͅį̷̗̥͔̆̅͋̿ģ̵͓͖̘̠̉͌h̸̩̭̘̎ṱ̷̺͉̞̄ẁ̷̺̮̩̭̖̾a̸̟̰̼̲̲̓͗l̶̦̋͛̇͝k̷̞͆͊̈́̚ë̶͕̬̟͕́̔͗̕͝r̷̭̺̰̽́ ̴̙̞͓̄̋̒̐͝h̵̡̺̩͍̥͛̈o̶̢̪̘̘̺̕ẅ̶̼̰̾̂̇͘ ̶͙̓̔̍d̴͙͚̄͂ị̵͑̈̾̿̆͜ḑ̴̢̦̫̬̄̉̀͗̈́ ̵̛̩̈́̕͠y̶̮̹̍o̶̗̟̭͌̐͒ͅų̷̯̩͌̇ ̵̖͙̬̊͜͜k̵̭̱̻̞̀͂n̷̤̐̅̐͐̅o̴̳̜͒̐͗w̸̭̜͔͙̪̓̃̐͘͝ ̴̢͕̹̂̄̆̆͜͠h̴̟̟͎͍̕ͅǒ̸̤̱͉̻ẅ̵̧͇̞͇́͆̈ ̸̡̼͉͆̀͝͝t̸̠̤̎̓͂͋͒ö̴̳̊͝ ̴̮͈͎̯͐̔̌g̴̪̪͖̻̱̾̓͘ę̷̟͙̬̊͗̕͠ͅt̵͇͎̂̆ ̴̤͙̌ͅh̷͇̻͚͆͛̉͘é̷͔̬̣̑͐̕r̸̺̿́̕e̷͙̐̈͆ ̷̧̼͛̏̈́ȧ̶̹͌͒̓͘l̵͔̎͋̑͌͝s̵͕͘͘ȍ̸̙̗̫̣̆͜ ̶̨̞̦̯̣͂̅w̷̥͙̝̼̽h̶̹̝͔͓͔̀͊͘͝ý̸͇͚͙̣̈́̊̈́͜ ̸̺̞̞̊̈́̄̑͠ď̷̺̖́̂̍͝ȏ̸̹̻͍̈̚͘e̴̜̝̬̻̫͒̃̋̄͘s̶̳̄̇ ̷̜̥͔̗̩͆̋͒ţ̸̛̻̈h̸͎̞̱̃̄͌e̵̡̗̙̯̟͒̑ ̵̪̫̲͚̓̊ẖ̷̡͔̅́͆̅u̷̧̦̣̯̟̒̆̕m̶̝͙͉̒a̵̛̼̾̂̉̍ń̴̛̘̅̎̿ ̶̛͕͕͕̿̽̒u̴̧͍̳̎̎n̷̠̦̭͓̒͛͆͑̚d̶̰̭͎̞̏́ẽ̸̝̖̫͈͑̏͝r̶̢͙̾s̶̪̈́̀t̷̻͇̘̗̦̀͠a̷͉̲͓͚̒̃̓̇̈ṋ̷͔͕̩̬̑͒͋d̵̛͓̹͓͍̟̾ ̸̳̱̳͍́͂̇̃̚b̸͖͔̹̎̅͝ỏ̷̦̜̌̊̓͘t̷̤͙͂ḫ̶̩̪̐̆ ̷̢̝͈͚̖͌̇̋̓̄ȍ̴̧̢̱̝̥f̷̺͈̘̘̌̌ͅ ̶̰̪̫̲͗́u̶̧̡̥̪̳̎͊͋͝s̵̢̙̰̖̒͗̅͌͠?̷͖̰͕͋” 

 

“I understood where to go thanks to the advice the ‘admin’ gave so it was fairly easy to find this cabin after completing the small tests given to me and the human can probably understand us both thanks to this trial,I mean it would be bad if no one could communicate with each other wouldn’t it?” 

 

The wanderer just nodded in response to what Melina had said in response to his question. Then Erwin came out with something “We should probably go and look for others right Melina?” 

 

“Yes we probably should go and look for others. I mean it is best to try and gather people and then survive for 10 days in a group. As people say ‘strength in numbers’”

 

The wanderer just sat there staring at the two of them ‘are they even going to ask me to come along’ the wanderer was actually slightly annoyed that Erwin had not asked him to come along yet.

 

“Oh right yeah wanderer would you like to come along I mean we did say we would help each other during this ‘trial’ right?” The nightwalker had a bit of visible happiness however both Melina and Erwin could not see it due to the mask he was wearing.

 

“Ĭ̶̟̱̺͍ ̴̲̠̰͎̚͠m̴͈̠̲̎̔e̴͈̬͖̬͊̔̉̓̕ą̶͇͖͉͎͂̏͠ṇ̵̛̲̞̥̬̀̚ ̴̜͖̦̥̓s̵̨̟̪͕͑̓̆̇̿ṵ̸̞͚̘̅̏r̸͕̃ę̵̱͕̄͐̈́ ̵͚̋͗͘Ḯ̸͖̞̚'̵̥͖̗́̑́͜l̶̖͖̪̘̊̾́͜l̶͍̍ ̸̳̫̰̓̎͑ͅc̴̘̮̣͑̑̐͝o̸͓͈̪̘͋̃̅͝m̶̠̣͕̹̗̀e̷̮͇͌̕ ̸͉̞͍̫̯̓̅a̴̧͔͇̙̎̌̔͜l̴̗͐͑́͜ǫ̴̢̫̮͖͋͌̊̄͝n̷̬͒͋̃̌͆ģ̸̙͙̰̽̏ ̴̨̩͌́̈́̆̂͜ǰ̸̥̫̽͘̚ų̴̹͙̠͉̀̎́̂s̸̡̱͂t̶̨̡̠̞͗̄͐̀ ̴̲̩̥̋̌͑̓̏͜ḏ̷̡̪̆̈̍̋͝ỏ̴̜̙̪͉̮͂n̴̼̖͂̈̾̅͝'̸̛͙̣̘̄͒t̷̫̤̗̏ ̵̡̨̄̂ḑ̷̥̘̼̲̏̑͛o̸̗̺̫̞̺͌̓͘͝͠ ̵͓̣̫̓̓̿͒ą̶̘̫̙͎̌͌͆̀n̶̗̤̜̯̄̀̒͠y̸̢̙̣̋̓͛̃t̸͎̒̆̉h̵̼͊̉͘ȉ̷͖̙̱̥͆̌́́ͅn̶̤̋̏̿̕g̷̜͍̥̍͑̋́ ̶̬̪̪̅̈́͊̈́r̴̞̲̪̍̂̍͝e̸̘̝̊̒̾̊͝c̵͍͍̜̑͊̏̌k̵̹͖̖͌̑͒̌͝ĺ̴̨̳̙̒̋͝e̷̢̱̜̜͊͆ͅş̵̣̮̕s̶̜̎̓́ ̷̮̈́̅̒͊h̷͔͕͈̯͇́̑u̶̦̤̦̞͑̽̾̅̾ṁ̵̝̤̩á̵͚͇n̷̢̳̟̓͊̽͘͠ ̴͕̿̀ǫ̶̗̟̥̈́̾̾̉͋ṱ̷̢̯̬̩̆̆͌̈́h̵̠̜̘̘͌̊̈́̃̓ė̷̹̗̽r̴͓̞̿͂̚w̶̦̪͚͍̉̓i̵̬̲̼͛̃̀͒͘s̸̺̘̔̎͊͂ě̴̲̖̾̈́͠ ̶̞̠̜͎̬͌̑̏̒t̴̢͚̹̃̅h̶͉̲͓͌͒ͅả̵̧̪̫̗̬͆͘t̴͙̓̆͂̀̚ ̶̧̝̲̮͔̔́͆͒c̴̪̐͂̏̇o̵̜͈̺͗u̴̬̿ĺ̶̠̠̘̀d̴̨̝̿̏̃̃̎ ̷̼͐̏̏͆c̶̖̍̑̈́̿̑à̷̘͕̮̦̀̂̚ư̷̟͎̑̀̋̔s̴̤͊é̷̳̠̥͈̚͜ ̸̪̜͊ť̷̢̰̤͎̀̍r̶͍̙͇̣͋̒̇̚ŏ̵̩̂̎̈́̋û̴̩̠͌͑̔b̷̨̤̳̠̚ļ̴͇̼͈́̈́̄̈́ͅe̸̛̯͖̬̿͆̃ ̶͈͎̭̒̆̊̂̾f̴͚̑̓o̸͙̰͆̑̀͋͜͠r̴͍̦̤͖̓̔ ̸̱̪͖͐̋u̷̡̳̬̬̖̍̊̉̾̆s̸͇̝̖̝͛͊͠.̵̝̤͔̣͙́̾̎” Erwin was slightly shocked that the wanderer would think that he would do something which could trouble for them.

 

“I won't cause trouble geez...you better not make trouble for us” The wanderer just laughed quietly to himself from the response the human gave him. ‘What an interesting person, maybe we really will survive whatever this trial throws at us’.

 

“Hay Melina, maybe you should rest up a bit,I know you're a nightwalker so being out during the day must have drained a lot of energy out of you” Melina after hearing these words decided to think it over and then she came out with a response.

 

“Will you really be alright on your own you two? I’m not really sure how strong you both are and I mean having more people is always good right?” Melina was a bit hesitant to let these two go on their own but she knew deep down that she needed the rest.

 

“Yes we will be fine on our own and if we are not back before dark then you can always come and find us...wait we could leave little marks of mana for you too find us if we need your help.”

 

“Y̸͉̮̅̀e̷̩̼̗̻͐͗s̴̢̟̼̦̆̍̀̅͆ͅ ̶̹̓̊̍͑͝w̵̳̥̅ẹ̷̖̀͆̽ ̸̹͇͈̚w̶̹̙̽̑͝i̵͈̾̀̀́͐ļ̴̩̣̲̝̂̿̄̐l̶̜̮̺͠ ̴̮̝̩͙̏b̷̦͗͗e̵̢͈̓̈́̒̇̈ ̶̡͍̖̭̫͗͒f̸͎̿̋̈́í̸͈̄̑͂̂ṅ̶̮ė̷͓̜̆̕͜ ̴̗̀́̽̄̕n̵̤̖̺̦̓̆̉͊̕i̷̜͔͂̿͊̑̏g̵̢̛̻͍̋̅h̵̦̟̱̲̓̔t̵͉̦͆̄͐͠w̶͕͖͐̇̉a̷̯̭̞̅̀̏̒͘l̶̘͔͉̠̐k̸̹̪͖̤͘ȩ̴͇̤̻͖̽͂̈́͛͠r̴͈̗͖̪͒ ̷̤͗̍́̔̽j̴͙͖͑̕u̸̥̯͝s̸̛͇̻͎̻͙̍t̶̲̘̗͓͠ ̷̡͔̱̝̭̎͆̅̕r̷̥̮̭̈́̆e̷͕̳̟̼͑̔̑͘s̵̜̕ť̷͖̟̹͒ͅ.̴͍̠͇̇̈͜͝” The wanderer responded in a rather cold way since the nightwalker did not believe that they would be okay on their own.

 

“You won’t be able to leave marks of mana out there now with all that snow about,it would be rather difficult to find them.” Melina was still worried about those two going on their own.

 

“Look we will be fine anyway when did you suddenly start caring for me or the wanderer?” Erwin was actually a bit confused as to why Melina cared so much for the two all of a sudden.

 

“I care for you two all of a sudden because you are both valuable assets in terms of my research,I mean a wanderer and a human getting along. I have never heard of this situation before anyone like me would be mad to lose valuable research material like you two!” Melina shouted this at the two of them.

 

“O̷͚̣͈͇̓̕h̷̨̥̦̐̇̿h̷̛͈̞̹́̋͠h̴͙̗̠̆ ̶̘̜̱͎̇̔d̸͉̚o̴̜͖̩̱͛̊͝n̵̼̒̃'̵̭͓̪̂̾̾͠t̷͇͓̀͆́̽ ̸̃̋̐͂͜ẅ̵̬́̍͑̂͝o̶̺̽̒r̷̛̯̄ŗ̸̛̼̺́̂̕͘y̵̟̼͛̉ ̸͕͖̞̰̈́͒̆n̸̤̚i̵̠͍͎͔͐̍̎͑g̵̬͙̜̰̐̔͛̋̔ͅh̷͕̑̍̍͘t̶̳̣̲̑͊̚ẅ̸̺̣̮̂a̴̡̯̬͓̥͊̈͗́l̷͍̟͆͆̅̓k̷̙̖̗͓̘̈̐̇ę̸̖̿r̸̡̳̦̝̻̊͛͒ ̶͕͕̑̇̽ỹ̷̩̰͙͌ȏ̸̢̻̘ṵ̷̗͙̂r̶͙͖͂͂ͅ ̸͈̰̊p̵̩͋r̵̬͙̂̃ę̷̪̭̝̬͋̇͝c̴̛̼͙̳̋͐̽͠ì̵̫͈̐̂̏̚ȏ̷͓͊̾̚͠u̷̥̪̹̣̺͒̇͋s̶͖̈́͛͘ ̷̩̝̠̑̊͋'̶̨̡͚͍͈́r̴̳͖̅͝é̸̢̝̪̙̈͜s̵̼̺̝̄͌̄̽̍ȩ̸̗͕̤͔̓͠a̴̤͎̫̥̿̆r̸̡͈̤̳̤̔̓̉c̴̫̼̺̒̀̒̄̿h̴̯͔̑ ̵̺̉͌̂̕m̶̘̎̉͑̏̕á̷͙̺̕t̷̻͉̟̟̏̆͜e̷̟̙̭̲͒͗̅͝ͅr̸͔̰̬̫̪͘ǐ̸͖̔͛͗̓a̵͓̱͕̙͓͘l̶͓͈͔͎̺̉̿̓'̴̧͙͉͍̤̀̽̐͠ ̸̻͖̪̙͆̾͝w̵̙̑̑ö̸̞͔̙́̓̀͛ņ̷̩̱͕̥̊͋͗'̴̳͔̰͋t̴̰̩̺̟͕̋̎̇͆̅ ̷͇̮̑̎̐g̴̨͓̼̝̬̏̽̾͑ĕ̵͍̪̒̈̀͌͜t̵͔̉ ̴̘̐̍ì̴̛̗̟̦̣̉̐n̷̺͔͗̄j̵̳͓̥̲͇́̇̓̔u̵̟̼͝r̷̹̖̹̞̣͐ę̵̹̜̎͐d̶͖̩̜͈́̉̉ ̴̬̀̕” The wanderer said this in an aggressive and sarcastic tone. ‘How dare that nightwalker refer to me as research material ugh this is why I hate scientists/researchers in general’.

 

Erwin was a bit horrified at being called ‘Research material’ ; he had never thought that the reason why Melina cared about him quite a bit was because she considered him ‘Research material’.

 

“"̵̳͓͗̈́̑̊Ḩ̴̡͙̍̋̉̈́̚ű̴͔̱̫̗͐m̶̲̀͋͆̇̈à̵͓̹̌̽n̴̺̼̱͙̓̓͊̚ ̸̠̦̈́̿̇͜f̸̮̗̑̓̾̚o̶͚̝̺͍̍̌͑̕l̴̞̯̤̅̽l̴̢̻̫̪̺̿ǫ̸̞̻̅͂́̂͑w̴̨̱̰͓̆͑͗ ̷̡̦̮̞͐͐͘m̷̜̻̥̿͝e̵͎̲͐́͐͌̑ ̴̛̱̮͆̾̉͝ȑ̵̖͕̀̚͜ī̶̢̻̲̰̯͗ģ̷̘͕̪̋̈́̊ḧ̵̠̙͍̬̹t̶͕̋̋͗̈́͌ ̵͚͚̙́̇̉͊͜n̷͈̬̑̈́̀͋͝ó̸̪̟͕̜͠ẉ̷͊̿͂ ̵̡͈͙̲̪̆ẃ̷͎̮͓̗̈́ḛ̶̔͋̒̾̚ ̶̨̥̜͈̝̄̑ả̷͔̟̓̈́͗͝ͅr̷̤̠̙̀̐̌͛͗e̵̜͎͇̺͛̊̔ ̵̫̱̙̹̩̿g̷̹͎̺̠̏̕ò̵̼͓̝̼̀͒̀͌i̴̢̳̊n̶̝̗͖̝͆g̷̳͈͕̉͊̀ ̵͉̈́̎̑͗t̵̡̛̮̍͗̏̚ǫ̶̛̭̒̏̋ ̶͖̪̐̇̈́̈́̕g̴̘͈̿̈́̆̍̔ä̸̧̳͓̭̙t̸͍͍͙̭̦̆̏̇̈́͘ĥ̸̲͝͠ͅę̴͍̩͕̬̂͗r̸̡̢̻̲̼͛̎͒̾͗ ̵̺̬̪̽͗̋̕̕t̶̡͓̾̎h̸̻̣̜̼̽̀̿͆̉e̴͔͔̫̲̳͗̊ ̵̠̪̇͌r̶̢̲͂̇é̸͓̥͇͍̉̀s̸̥̼̩͉̽͆͝t̸̜̝̪̦̏͝ ̶̛̜̟̈́̿̌̊o̸͕̪̝̹̓f̴̪̙͚̽͛ ̴͖̟̔t̶̩͍͆̏ͅh̷̰̰̙̤̑̅̔e̸͔̻͖͋̓s̴̯̬͑̉ḙ̴̙̳̇ ̸̡͈͎͔̌̀̈́̂͜͠i̴̡̠͓̐̀̇͠m̵̛̱̳̲͑́́̕b̴̟̃̐ë̶̛͇̩́̔̄̕c̸̡̟̈́̿̌̏i̸͎̝̊̔͛͛l̸̫̗̉̄͌̚e̴̛̝̼̼̅̽̊̋s̸͔̅̍͊"̶͈̗̣̓̽͌̍̒ ̵̧̪̖̱̌̓̋̈” The wanderer said this in an angry tone and then grabbed the human and threw him over his shoulder. 

 

“W-wait what are you doing” Erwin was sorta flustered at suddenly being thrown over someone's shoulder. 

 

“"̷̥̀I̸͔͝ ̷͖̅a̶͈͛m̷̱̊ ̷͔̀m̷̲̀a̵̡͝k̸͓̀i̵̗̎n̴̳͋g̷̠̓ ̷̐͜i̶͖̐ẗ̷̻́ ̴͎̌ė̴̟a̴̹͋s̴̮̚i̷̝̽e̷͔̚ŗ̷͋ ̸̦̃f̶̗́o̴̦͆ŕ̸̖ ̵͙̅ú̵̱s̴̟͠ ̷͈̾t̴̘̔o̷̩̾ ̸̠͊m̷͍̈́o̷̙͝v̷̩̓e̷̙̒ ̷͕͠I̶̫͗ ̶̳̄m̶̜̒é̶̳â̵̪n̷̼̆ ̸͙͝w̵̫͝i̸̗̽t̸̳̒h̴͙̒ ̶͓̎y̸̢͋o̸̙̒u̵̧͆r̶̭̽ ̶̘̅t̸͍̏i̷̦͘n̴̜̒y̵̲͌ ̵̠̌l̴̼͊ë̴͙g̴̹͗s̷̬͌ ̵͉͐i̸̙͠ẗ̶̗́ ̶̫̽w̴̢̓o̵̩̐ȗ̴̦l̴͕͊d̸̓͜ ̶̼͌b̵͍͂ê̸͈ ̶͖̽å̴̦n̸͎͘ ̸̦̉a̷̚ͅb̴̺͛s̷̪̀o̸͓͘l̸̮͠ů̷̘t̴̜̾ē̸͈ ̸͇̿p̷̖̅a̶̞͑i̷͓͠n̸̹̾ ̵̝̂t̴͒ͅȍ̸̩ ̶̐͜ń̵͎a̴̜̐v̶̨̎ĩ̴̤g̶͚͋a̸̮̐t̴̕ͅe̷̘͑ ̷̟̏a̴̢̾n̵͉̔ỵ̷̚ẁ̵̮h̸͇̏e̷̥͝ṙ̴̻ḙ̶͐"̴̘̓” The wanderer reponsonded in an annoyed yet calm tone.

 

Erwin then just shut up after hearing the wanderer say that, ‘Easier to navigate huh this asshole of a wanderer’ Erwin had an annoyed expression on his face from the way was treating him however he just went along with it since it would actually be easier for them to navigate if they were like this.

The wanderer then proceeded to open the door when a cold gusty wind entered the fairly large cabin,the cold gusty wind caused Melina to shiver since she had since taken off her coat. 

 

The wanderer then closed the door behind him as soon as he had gotten outside,he was barely affected by the cold snow and gusty wind because he was wearing quite a lot of clothing however Erwin was shaking quite a bit.

 

‘Ignite’ Erwin thought these words and as he did a small barrier of flames surrounded him blocking out the cold gusty wind.

 

‘Huh so he can use fire magic huh? Now this is quite interesting indeed’ The wanderer at least knew that only a select few humans could use magic and usually they were either nobles or a part of the royal family,this caused the wanderers intrigue towards Erwin to increase by quite a bit.

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

 

Thanks for reading this part once again. I hope you enjoyed reading it since it did take me quite a bit to finish writing it.

 

If you enjoyed it a lot please consider telling friends about this series and also favourite the chapter thank you. 

 

Have a good day reader.

3