Chapter-02- am I playing a very realistic game?(2/2)
29 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I looked closely, movie started to play. I started to see childhood of a person from a 3rd perspective.

As time passed, I started to become bored. There wasn't much fun in watching daily life of a kid.
I mentally complained and wanted to move then it happened. It's like, it could read my mind and movie started to fast forward at high speed.

I then experimented a little and found that I can do all type of operation like fast forward, backward, slow motion, skip to specific timeline. Its like very efficient video dictionary.

After playing for a while, I subconsciously realized that this is the memory of this body. Memory had the same face which I saw earlier.

I then skipped everything and watched the last memory of this body. I wanted to see how I came here.

I saw him drawing ritual circles and getting all excited.

So, 'Did he summoned me?'

But from his last expression and unwilling roar, I think something went wrong.

 

After watching it again and again, I didn't gain anything. But one thing I determined that there was an accident during the ceremony.

Then i thought of exiting this virtual experience.

When i opened my eyes again, everything vanished and i went back to the cellar.

I also came to know that I wasn't in a cellar but highly secured room. Because of special nature of this world, houses are build in special way.

 

I still feel unreal.

It feels like a VR game where a role is assigned to you.

I pinched my cheek. But i can feel it.

Breathing, smell and pain everything is very real.

 

I also came to know that outside was very unsafe that's why i felt fear when i wanted to open the window.

Although in short time, I didn't completely understood this world through memory but everything in room looked similar.

I opened the room and visited the whole house again. I checked different things from the memories.

 

After few minutes, I came back to my room.

I saw unburnt candles. A huge ceremonial circle is drawn on the floor.

Then, I thought 'why did accident happened?'

Because through memory, I learnt that this summoning circle was bought from a very secured channel.

'Was it accidental or there's someone who wants to harm him?'

As soon as this thought came to me, I felt very anxious. I looked around and found a notebook. Then, I started copying the circle on notebook. It could come handy in future. One, I could ask some expert if there is something wrong with the ceremony. Secondly, this circle could be the only gateway to go back.

I hesitated but i still proceeded to clean-up the ceremony. I felt i shouldn't let anybody know about the ceremony.
All the debris from cleaning the ceremony, I stored it in a separate box instead of throwing in dustbin.
May be i was just feeling paranoid.

After tiding up the room, I exhausted myself and sat on chair across the table.

I also started looking at my face in mirror hanging on the wall.

As I was waiting for the morning to happen, I didn't know that when i had fallen sleep.

**********

"THOCK......." one time heavy knock on the sturdy door.

As I opened my eyes, I looked confused around me.

Then it struck me.

"Am I still here?" May be my subconscious was still not ready to accept this absurd reality.

I looked at the magic clock. From the memory, I knew that it was newspaper delivery.

So, I wasn't even hurry to open the door.

 

I entered toilet and freshened myself.

After some thinking, I patted my cheeks with both hands. I said to myself "you need to look ahead".

Then, I went downstairs to opened the door.

I was little anxious and also curious that was there really a world which was filled with fog all year long.

I wanted to look at the town to confirm it with my own eyes.

 

As i reached the door, I got stunned not because of seeing this sturdy metallic door with some runes inscribed on it. But a question popped up in my mind, "How should i open the door?"

Because magic was needed to open this door.

 

To be continued...

 

 

 

1