Chapter-03-This really is a different world
33 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I stood stunned at my own door, I started to get worried.

'Should i get some outside help?'

'No, that would be a bad decision.'

'In this world people are overly sensitive when there was already so much evils in the fog.'

'What would I say if they asked, why couldn't I open the door?'

 

I tried to recall everything i saw in memory of this body but I was too focused on how owner of this body died rather then other important details.

Even though it was cold but beads of sweat started to rise on my forehead. Because I started to realize that I donot remember his friends, family or other daily important things much clearly.

I started pacing back and forth.

'Ah, I was an actor so should I just pretend that I have lost my memory?'

'No, here was magical world. If they would suspect me then they could easily break my lie just putting me under simple illusion magic.'

'Acting normal should be the most appropriate action.'

 

Then, I remembered that I retrieved memories when i closed my eyes.

'Can I access my memories again?'

 

'But how should i access it?'

'Would i be able to see it, if i just close my eyes?'

'I should try it.'

 

I returned upstairs back to my room and sat on my bed cross-legged in Indian style.

'God!! please don't let it be a one time thing. I am already forgetting many things i watched yesterday.' I thought inwardly.

 

I don't know why i remembered what my dad said 'these days kids watch so much content and movies, they can't even remember the name of actor and actress in it. What's the point of watching so much that you don't even remember what you watched in the morning.'

'I think these online content portals are making people dumb. Kids need to relax and do some yoga to sharpen their mind as well as their fat bodies.'

 

I secretly cursed and said that I would do daily yoga and meditation from now on.

 

As I closed my eyes.

I waited.

'tick...(1 second)'

'tick...(2nd second)'

'tick'

'tick'

'....................'

Nothing happened.

"FUCK!!!"

"Akash, you need to calm down." I consoled myself.

..

..

"Yeah I remember, It wasn't just closing my eyes. I was meditating that time to relax myself."

'So, I needed to do meditation.'

 

I took a deep breadth.

I did 'om' uchcharana(chanting) 3 times.

 

Again deep breadth and started to imagine a glowing candle.

'tick'

'tick'

'...'

'...'

Then it happened. I started to see the similar two clusters of white light.

As the two clusters of white bubble approached, I reached for smaller one like yesterday.

I quickly entered the bubble and similar video started playing.

 

"Sigh.........." I felt relieved.

 

I quickly searched for memory where he entered or exited the house.

After looking at it. I realized that It really was very simple.

'I would have to just approach the door and input magic into the crystal at the center of the door.'

It was good decision that I didn't asked for outside help.

 

I wanted to exit meditation but I opted against it. I should look at his memory clearly and make a profile of his character so that I could act like him. And I also didn't even know how to input my magic into door.

'I need to learn basic magic.'

 

So, I went back to younger days where he would learn magic.

After watching for 3-4 hours, I learned basic theory of magic. I think I would be able to activate magic circuit of door of my house.

I felt a little hungry, so I exited from the memory.

 

I moved to cupboard and removed breads. As I was preparing breakfast, I frowned.

I recalled everything I saw in his memory.

His life was too ordinary.

His talent was also ordinary.

I frowned because he wasn't working hard knowing that it was such crisis ridden world.

 

 

I saw him wielding sword and learning fighting skills with such a poor attitude.

I wanted to scold him that you gotta work hard if you were not a genius.

May be its because, now that i knew that his body had become mine so I felt frustrated.

I already started to feel ominous that this person would be a very weak person even among his peers.

 

After having breakfast, I went down and came near entrance door.

Then, I imagined chakra in center of my heart and willed it to move towards my hand. It took some effort but overall it felt easy.

I opened my eyes and touched the center of rune inscribed on the door.

"(click)...thud" door opened.

I approached door with some apprehension and then slowly opened the door to look outside. I didn't even realized that my heartbeat was speeding.

As I looked outside, I saw wide and straight street.

Few creatures were walking on it.

Yes, creatures because no way they looked completely human. Although through memory I already knew about it but looking at real thing is completely different.

'So, this really is a different world.'

As I stood motionless at the entrance, it felt like eternity. My heartbeat started to rise.

I didn't know why but my feet didn't budge.

 

After some time passed, I came back to my senses but rather than going out. I slowly moved back and closed the door.

 

 

 

1