Chapter 10: This isn’t Bad
1.1k 5 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 10: This isn't Bad...

---------------------

"Hey, You what the hell are you doing?" 

The girl holding a potato looks left and right as everyone looks at her in awe... 

Crunch... the girl then proceeded to bite the potato on her hand and she proceeded to look at the air.

Then the Bald Instructor appeared at her side as he yelled towards the girl in fury.

"YOU! I'm talking to YOU! Who the f*ck are YOU?!" 

The girl then got scared and gulped the remaining potato on her mouth, saluting her right hand with the potato on her hand and introducing herself... 

"I'm Sasha Blouse from Dauper, in Wall Rose's Southern District, sir!" 

"Sasha Blouse what's that you're holding in your right hand?"

The Bald Instructor said that with a Grim expression... 

"A steamed potato, sir! I came across it in the kitchen, so I picked it up!" 

The girl, Sasha Blouse said that with a slight smile on her face, maybe a bit proud...? 

"You mean you stole it?" 

The Bald Instructor said with a grim expression and continued... 

"Why are you eating a potato right now?" 

This time the bald Instructor didn't yell and just ask it with a dark expression on his face.

"I wanted to eat it while it was still warm, so I figured it was now or never, sir!" 

Sasha Blouse said with a calm expression... 

"No... I don't get it why are you eating a potato?" 

"Are you asking why people eat potatoes in general, sir?" 

****

Silence descended the field as Sasha said that even the Bald Instructor were left speechless at Sasha's word... 

Then, Sasha Blouse, the potato girl made a thinking expression... 

She then proceeded to cut the potato in half as she made a reluctant expression, as she gave the "half" of the potato to the Bald Instructor and said... 

"Take a half for yourself, sir?" 

Then the Bald Instructor picked it, accepted it absentmindedly and said.

"Half...?" 

Vincent looked at this scene and face palm himself as he shook his head and thought as he made a small smile...

"This isn't bad..." 

*****

The Bald Instructor then made all of them run 50 laps across the field except for the Potato Girl who made the Instructor angry and made her run until she dropped or else she's not getting any food.

The Instructor then began to tour them the Dining Area, where they eat food, the lodging area, where they sleep at... 

The Instructor then told them the schedule etc... 

*****

At Dawn... 

In the Boy's lodging Area... 

Some Boys approach Vincent, and ask him what's his name.

"Vincent..." 

Even though Vincent didn't speak the entire day his appearance and build attracted the boys and girls curiosity about him... 

He was surrounded by Four Boys, who are his bed mates.

The sleeping bed, designed so that 4 people are fit in one area 2 people at the top and 2 people below... 

"Where are you from? Vincent" 

"Shiganshina District..." 

Vincent replied but he didn't like to speak too much and keep it short, but he answered their questions.

"Wahh~" 

"So you must have seen some Titans, right?" 

"Yeah..." 

"Are they're ugly?" 

"They said that they eat humans whole?" 

"Huh! Really!" 

"Yeah..." 

"You live at the same time as Eren"

The four bedmates of him ask many questions that annoyed him, but he answered them cuz' maybe there would be an ally one day...

He then got up and said. 

"Gonna go, pee..." 

He then walked out the boy's lodging.

****

Night Time... 

In the Diner Hall.

Vincent sat at the corner he didn't try to associate with others, as it was only the first day of their training...

Some tried to ask him some questions, about his name, etc... and answered them. 

Vincent looked down at his food. The usual soup and bread combination. This is like the most known food in this world, which pretty much sucks.

As he was eating and scooping his soup... 

A commotion happened as a guy got circled with many people. 

"I already told you. I saw it." 

The guy that circled by many people, said that as he scooped his soup and ate it... 

"Seriously?!" 

"Then... how big was it?" 

"Tall enough to look right over the wall." 

The black haired guy said that as he answered them... 

"I heard it could straddle the wall!" 

"Same! I heard the same in my Village!" 

"No. It wasn't that Gigantic..." 

The Black haired guy said that as he broke their speculation... 

"What did it look like?" 

"It had barely any skin and its mouth was enormous" 

The black hair guy then further explained the details... 

"What about the armored Titan that broke through the Wall Maria?" 

The black hair guy thought a bit and said... 

"Even though the people call it that, it looked like a normal Titan to me" 

"Th-Then, what do normal Titans look like?" 

The crowd of people stared intensely towards the Black hair guy... 

"Guys, that's enough questions. I'm sure he has memories he'd rather not recall" 

The guy on the side saw the black hair guy covering his mouth, thinking of something said towards the crowd... 

"Sorry for being so-"

"No!" 

The guy exclaimed and grabbed the bread on the plate... and ate it and said... 

"Actually, Titans aren't such a big deal. Once we master operating the Three Dimensional Maneuver Gear, they'll be no match for us!" 

"We finally have the chance to become soldiers." 

"I just swallowed wrong earlier." 

"I'll join the Recon Corps and purge the world of the Titans!" 

...

'Ohhh. At first, I thought it would be another Idiot, and my thoughts were right but this time the idiot had guts.' 

Vincent thought as he looked towards the black hair guy whose spewing things like, he will kill all the Titans, etc...

'Kiddo... You got guts'. 

"Did you just say you want to join the Recon Corps?" 

A guy with brown hair said that to the black hair guy... 

Vincent look at the guy, that said that and saw the one he mark previously the "Honest Idiot"

'If my memory serves me right the Honest Idiot is named Jean Kirstein, hmm?'. 

"Damn Straight. And you..." 

"You're planning to join the Military Police Brigade to take it easy, right?" 

"I'm just an honest fellow." 

"I think that's preferable to acting tough when you're actually scared sh*tless." 

The Black hair guy was ticked off and stood up as he said... 

"You got something to say?" 

"Hey. Stop it." 

"Oh? I wasn't really..." 

The Honest Idiot, Jean stood up too as the two confronted each other... 

The two were close to fighting when the bell rang they stopped. 

In the end they make up each other as the black hair guy left.

Standing up, Vincent looks around him and says to his bedmate, which is named Conny Springer. 

"I'm gonna go for a stroll. Don't wait for me and just sleep..." 

"Then... bye" 

Vincent then left the Dining Hall... leaving the confused guy... 

In the end, Conny just shook his head and went towards the boys lodging room and got to his bed and talked to others and his fellow roommates.

****

Walking around the camp Vincent avoided all humans he'd encounter and hide. 

He then sneaked into the storage room and stole some meat and left. 

He then left the camping site and went towards the forest.

33