Chapter 12 Either an Idiot or Plain Trash
1.1k 2 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 12: Either an Idiot or Plain Trash

-------------------

"Bertholt and Armin... help me set up this cable hook..." 

"Ok..." 

"Will do..." 

The three began setting up the cable, and attaching it up the thick tree branches. 

The one that spoke was a large build guy with blond hair. He then attaches the cable to the belt of the guy that Vincent called "Gutsy Idiot", Eren Jaeger... 

"Done!" 

The large build guy then got up and asked the two guys, gripping the two ends of the cable.

"Armin, Berthold, are you ready" 

"We're ready Reiner"

"Then... 1... 2 ... 3... Go-" 

The large build guy is named Reiner. He then began counting and when he was about to give a sign to start pulling, they heard a rustling sound on the bushes and gave everyone in the scene to be quiet. 

"Stop. Shush~" 

*RUSTLE *

As the rustle sound got nearer and nearer Reiner and the three, began to back step... 

An outline of a Human then formed from the dark background, and finally, they got a complete view on whose coming... 

Walking out the dark, and exposing himself Vincent then began to look around, seeing the cables and hook in the branches and said... 

"Training?" 

The four looked at each other and one of them said, and it was the "Gutsy Idiot", Eren Jaeger... 

"Hey! You're the Trainee who didn't wobble in the cable, Vincent right?!" 

"Yeah! You're right! And if my memory serves me right you're the guy who didn't even able to make it up the air" 

"Hey I'm not that bad! And I have a name! Eren, Eren Jaeger is my name..." 

"Ohh Eren... Then who is these three people" 

"Uhmm. They come here to help me train and grasp the cable balance..." 

Vincent then began to look at the tree whose cable had been attached to a branch, confirming what Eren had said was true. Eren then continued speaking… 

"Vincent, since you're already here and you're one of the best in this area, care to help me? Please?" 

Vincent made a contemplated face and answered. 

"Hmmm... Ok, sure. Why not?" 

Eren began to celebrate, as he now has the help of Vincent. 

"Hmmm. This will be late, but my name is Vincent Glaze. Nice to meet you, Eren, Armin, Bertholdt, and Reiner" 

"Same here, nice to meet you" 

Vincent began to shake hands with everyone, as he gave off a friendly smile... 

Vincent then began to talk to the four of them. Since there's no harm making friends with someone talented, of course except for Eren who's clearly bad at this... 

Vincent then began to help as they fix, Eren's problem. 

But, nothing seems to work as all of the results were failures and only one good thing resulted from this training, and it is that Eren's time in the air began to become long... 

Correcting Eren's posture seems like a failure, since it's only becoming worse. 

Eren has only himself to rely on this time, as they had no power to control air and gravity. Giving advice is only the choice Vincent got, which is weird... 

And then suddenly Vincent began to feel something was off in Eren's belt... 

******

In the Next Morning... 

In the Field.

Eren Jaeger standing at the front of everyone as they, the Trainees watch him... 

The other Trainees then began attaching the cable on Eren's belt. When they're done, the Bald Instructor asks Eren... 

"Eren Jaeger, are you ready?" 

"I'm ready, sir!" 

Eren answered as his face was determined and heart was focused on passing this test... 

"Begin." 

The Trainee at the back then began rotating something as the mechanism began working, as Eren began to rise in the air.

Eren did something when he's feet were up in the air. Spreading his arms and doing a weird pose in the air. 

The Trainees then began to make ruckus... 

"Ohhhh~" 

"Eren, did it~" 

But then their excitement was short-lived, as Eren began to wobble and lose balance and was completely thrown off and dive head first at the ground.

The Trainees then began to sigh, and thought that Eren didn't pass and has no talent to be a soldier. 

Vincent watched all of this, but his focus was on Eren's belt... 

Eren began to descend and drop towards the ground, while muttering " No, I have to kill all the Titans" 

When Eren began to feel despair.

Vincent then suddenly raised his hand and called out towards the Instructor…

"Instructor!" 

The Bald Instructor then turned around, and focused his sight on Vincent... 

"What is it, Vincent?" 

Vincent then began to state his thoughts as pointed that Eren's belt is faulty, etc... 

"I think Eren's belt is faulty, and if you can change it and give Eren a second chance. Maybe Eren could succeed" 

The Instructor then looked deeply at Vincent and made a thoughtful expression. And then looked back towards Eren who was on the ground and began to Instruct the Trainee that was operating the mechanism and said... 

"Thomas, lend Eren your belt" 

"Yes, sir!" 

Everyone looked at Vincent's direction, as Vincent was the one that suggested that... 

Up in the air, Eren was balancing perfectly fine, even though he wobbled sometimes, it was more balanced than before, and lastly, he didn't fall this time.

"This... this..." 

Muttered Eren.

The Bald Instructor then looked up and said to the confused and excited face of Eren. 

"Just like Vincent had said, the equipment was faulty" 

"The metal fittings on your belt were damaged..." 

As the Instructor said that the Trainees at the back then talk amongst themselves... 

"So he actually succeeded even with faulty equipment..." 

"Wow" 

"S-So... what's your decision, Instructor?" 

Eren, still in the air, asked the Instructor expectedly... 

"You're good to go" 

As he heard that Eren celebrated and looked at Mikasa intensely... 

The Instructor then looked towards one of the Trainees, the one that suggested changing the belt.

'Vincent Glaze he's observant in his surroundings or person. He's talented at balancing, as it shown in the result. The cable was balanced and he could move and control it. 

"He's Special..." 

The Bald Instructor muttered to himself. 

*****

Eren got down the ground and approached Vincent... 

"Vincent! How did you know that my belt is damaged?" 

Eren with Mikasa and Armin at his side, asks Vincent. The question he had liked to know the answer to. 

"Simple, my advice was right about the postures in the air and it was simply amazing that you didn't get to balance. You're either a complete Idiot or just plain Trash, but since you're neither of them. I began to suspect that the equipment was faulty. The cable is not the faulty, since we all use it, so I suspect the belt of yours is faulty, and my guess were right" 

"Wow" 

Jean exclaimed in amazement... 

"Sugoi" 

Eren exclaimed in awe... 

"Vincent your reasoning is completely right" 

Armin was amazed at Vincent's reasoning.

"Wow, even I understand what you had said, Vincent" 

And Connie is just like always, an idiot. 

34