Chapter 14: ODM Gear
1.1k 3 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 14: ODM Gear

------------------------------------

Next Morning... 

The Bald Instructor then made them stand on the field.

The Bald Instructor waited for the rest to be in, and of course cursed the one that got late in time.

The Instructor then made them pick up the bag that was already at their front...

The bag was fairly heavy as the Bald Instructor told what's inside of it.

"The Items inside each bag is ODM Gear. These will be the first time you guys will get your own ODM gear, but you guys first need to run to get the ODM Gear" 

At first the Trainees were ecstatic at the prospect of owning a 3D Maneuver Gear, but the Bald Instructor like a Demon made them run through the forest with their 3D Maneuver gear that were inside the bag, carrying them in their back all throughout the journey... 

Coming back to the Campsite. The Trainees felt like peace and even some dropped from the ground as they reached the wood gates.

Many this time failed to pass the test, and have to be carried back to the camp.

Like in the first activity, the cable balancing, they are given second time and if not, they will be thrown to the reclaimed lands... 

Coming inside their respective lodge in exhaustion, Vincent and the boys got to their Bed... 

The four were completely different states. Vincent's state, with a little bit of sweat and a rag breath, but compared to the three who like beaten dogs and drying trees, Vincent was in better shape than the three of them, No! Even in entire Trainees he's one of the few who didn't get tired so easily. 

Dropping the four bags on his back towards the floor, Vincent was thirsty but his water bag is already empty. He then got out and walked towards the nearby river to fetch some water... 

Walking around, Vincent spotted someone and it was...

Reiner Braun

Comparing himself to him in stamina and strength, Vincent would undoubtedly win in a great margin.

But... 

'Reiner Braun, he helped someone who's already wanted to give up, picking their bags and carrying them. He is also trusted by everyone and gives off a strong figure to rely on...' 

'His qualities are not bad and his moral character is outstanding too, making him a good ally to fight against Titans...' 

But like Annie Leonhart, he needed first to test him and understand his behaviors, and whether he's a ticking time bomb or not... 

****

Fetching the water from the river. Vincent then splashes his face with water, making him wide awake due to the cooling effects of the cold water of the river.

He then began to walk towards the boys room, and on his way back he saw Annie and nodded towards her as Annie nodded back.

On these past days, he got to know Annie and her obsession on Martial Arts or Close combat, whatever you called it. They meet from time to time to spar.

In the boys lodge, he still saw the beat down figure of his 3 friends. Vincent then brought out 3 bags of water and placed it on the table.

Vincent never really has to do these kinds of things, but like they said, a simple thing can be a bigger thing, so doing this meekly task can have a good impact for the future, if only they can survive.

He then took out his notes and pen, walking towards a quiet place where he could concentrate.

As he was out of the lodging room the three boys who're supposedly sleeping opened their eyes and looked towards the table which had 3 bags of water in it.

They pick it up and sigh... 

Ben then spoke after he drank the water.

"Vincent is the best friend you could ask for..." 

"Yeah, Even though he rarely spoke. He will help you at the best he can if you seek his help..." 

"Agree..." 

Then, they began to talk about Vincent and of course, it will never be left in boys' girls too. 

Walking towards the Dining hall, Vincent could only think of here being quiet...

Vincent then sat at the back. Opening his notes and began writing.

He then began to write all he knew about the ODM Gear, as the military Instructor just gave each one them. And maybe they're gonna use it later. 

Vincent doesn't know, that's why he's preparing for now.

Based on what he knew. The ODM Gear uses a fire grappling hook that connects itself to the building, or any structures if you fire it towards it.

Firing wise, Vincent had the confidence to shoot the grappling hook easily, and with a little bit of practice mastered it. 

And also needed to have balanced it to further control it, allowing you to freely travel in midair.

While Vincent was focused on his notes, two people entered the Dining hall... 

The two of them easily spotted Vincent, as he was the only person besides them.

They approach him and ask... 

"Hey! What are you writing for?" 

With a quick glance Vincent saw the one that asked him, and answered. 

"I'm thinking on how to control ODM Gear, easily." 

The one that asked him is a girl. The girl has long blonde hair, large blue eyes, and a heart-shaped face, and it was also the smallest person he saw in this Training Camp. Her name is Krista Lenz, which everyone refers to as Goddess or Angel. 

"Ohhh! Hard-working huh..." 

Vincent looked at the one that said that, seeing a tall, slender young woman with short, shaggy black hair parted down the middle, and this girl named Ymir.

"So so" 

"Hey teach us, cause you know, you're the number one and all!" 

"Hmmmm, just promise me don't do pointless thing" 

"We promised!" 

"Sure go ahead and sit..." 

Vincent said that and pointed on both sides of his seat, as Krista sat immediately, but Ymir contemplated and sat next to Krista.

Vincent shook his head on Ymir's behavior and just explained to Krista what he knew on ODM Gear... 

Krista asks some questions, but Ymir looked bored at this, but in the end Ymir got hooked up in the discussion as she asks some questions from time to time. 

Few hours passed...

Looking at the window, Vincent said to the both girls.

"Its late, let's continue discussing about this tomorrow if you want to join"

"Ohh! It really is! Your knowledge really impressed me"

"Like Ymir had said, you're really a smart guy, Vincent"

Krista said that and made an angelic smile.

"I'm only knowledgeable, but not smart..."

"It's the same"

Vincent then thought 'The knowledge of the Earth in physics is really vast...'

Vincent never graduated from College, but he entered once. He had knowledge about physics, etc. 

He knew some things like how electricity works or gravity formula and sh*t, but he didn't bother to tell them as it's bothersome, and the only thing matters on his mind is to be good at ODM Gear operating and killing Titans. The rest is irrelevant.

"Well, goodbye. Nice meeting you two ladies"

Vincent got up and bowed.

****

He then began exiting the Dining hall, and then walked towards the boys lodging room.

He quickly walked towards his bed located at and quickly got up on the second floor of bed.

The three bedmates of his were awake and were talking to one another.

Vincent, looking at the ceiling and had nothing to do for a moment, he then just rested his mind at ease, closing his eyes.

He then opened his eyes as his friends invited him to go to the Dining hall to eat...

*****

Dining Hall...

Vincent quickly devoured the food at his plate and quickly left...

Doing what he always did, Vincent stole some meat and vegetables to stay balanced, but this time, he only stole a little bit.

Lake...

Vincent at the side of the lake did nothing too extreme and just did some "light" exercise.

He then cooked his steel food and ate it happily...

He then quickly left today will be a relaxing day for him.

With all the stealing he did, he almost empty the stock food in the storage room.

He's one of the suspicious guys because he almost went every night, but he did something to not make him suspicious.

****

Every night he stole some food, he stored it and some hidden places and went back to the boys room. And when he vanished at night he went to the hidden places where the food is still fresh, the underground storage thing you do that is to store food...

But, that's not enough to clear his name, so he has to have a witness on his activities at night and that is where Annie's role came from. 

An Instructor followed them, but he only saw that they were training and also observed if they're doing obscene things.

But with like 3 months of observation, and he still did not see Vincent stealing the food in the storage despite the food still missing every now and then...

Finally, his name is safe for the time being, but not completely cleared as every once in a while, Instructor followed him, with or without Annie. And observed him and of course he sensed the Instructor as he had good senses and it's like engraved on his soul.

And here's how Vincent got the food despite the Instructor observing him.

With him going to the toilet, he ran towards the storage room and stole from it and stored it and came back for like 10 minutes...

It sounds unrealistic, but that's how good Vincent's body is or, is it something else..

29