Chapter 17: Winter Training (2)
959 1 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 17: Winter Training (2)

------------------

"Climbing this mountain is harder than I thought" 

Vincent said that and sighs to himself. Looking around, seeing the tired faces of his fellow Trainees. 

All of them, that is here are the one that successfully climbed up the Snowy Mountain. 

The ones that failed were the ones that dropped midway. Some even have close-to-death experience while climbing the Snowy Mountain, telling everyone that this is not a joke and you need to have the strength to do it. 

Special Training like this one, are Trainings that getting killed is a possibility. Yes, Death is common, that's why Vincent needs to be careful of his surroundings, and he needs to give an extra effort on finishing the task that's been given by the Instructor. 

Between the Rain of Snow, orange light was seen at the distance, and everyone who sees these, walk towards it. 

Then finally, they spotted the finish line. At the orange light stood a huts side-by-side, as the lantern of them flickered, signaling them that someone was there... 

And their assumptions were right, as two Instructors are standing outside the huts. One of them is the guy that leads them here, on top of these Snowy Mountains. 

Seeing the approaching Trainees, the Instructor then began talking... 

"I know you all are tired and congratulations by getting this far. These two huts right here will be your temporary place to sleep and relax. The left hut is for the boys, and the right hut is for the girls. Don't do anything stupid." 

"Your first training will begin Tomorrow. Go rest for now" 

The Instructor ends that and walks towards a mini hut, where they will wait for some Trainees who are still out there. 

"Ahhhh, I'm tired!" 

"I... fe...feel like... dying" 

"Thank god, it ended now" 

Vincent wanted to ask something but stopped, since the Instructor didn't clarify or said some meaningful things, the Instructors will likely not disclose any information on what the next training is gonna be like.

Vincent was tired too, he needed some rest that's why he just let it go. Going inside the boys' hut with everyone that got here first, they moan in relief as they feel the heat and warm temperatures of the place. Feeling warm once again rejuvenated Vincent's tired muscles.

Walking inside, and picking a room. He then undresses the Cold Coat he had and hangs it on the wall.

His body was tired, so he had to take a quick nap getting on the bed, and feeling its warm fabric made Vincent sleepy, and his eyelids were heavy which resulted in him sleeping soundly... 

30 minutes had passed, Vincent woke by the clatter and noises that were taking place outside of his room. 

Vincent then thought something and thought that most likely that everyone that has potential to pass, made it here and now getting busy outside of his room, doing something... 

He then opened his room door and got out. Surprisingly, the first people he saw was Connie, who had a surprised face too, seeing him appear out of nowhere and said. 

"Yow! I know that you have passed, but where were you at?" 

"I'm tired, so I take a quick nap on that room" 

Vincent pointed at his back, where a room he slept at was located.

"Ahhh, that room!" 

"That room, what?" 

Connie then walked towards the room and pointed at the door. On there were a piece of paper with a sign, "Don't Disturb"

"We thought that there's an Instructor there, so we never open it. Surprisingly, you're the one that been sleeping on that room" 

Vincent was really surprised, seeing that there's a "Don't Disturb" sign there. He's not the one that put it there and most likely, someone in the first batch noticed him and kindly put the "Don't Disturb" sign.

'What a nice guy, it's probably Marco who did that. I have to thank him later.'

"Where are you going Connie?" 

"Gonna go and take warm water to drink. It's freaking cold outside, I think I have a phobia in snow" 

"Hmm, then let's go" 

"I was joking, you get it right?" 

"I know..." 

*******

Next Day... 

Outside the hut with everybody... 

"You guys will be grouped into three!" 

Outside the hut, stood 27 Trainees who were in line into three rows. 

Two Instructors were standing in front of these 27 Trainees. One of them is a red hair girl, and the other Instructor is a brown hair guy. 

The red hair Instructor is named Gaza, she will be their Instructor for these Special Winter Training. 

Gaza look at everyone and said 

"With 27 total, your lot will be divided into 9 groups. 3 persons per group will be the outcome. I will pick 9 Trainees, and whoever I pick will be the Team Leader, and the Team leader will be the one that will pick the rest of his group, or the two rest of the members" 

"Mikasa!" 

"Vincent!" 

"Daz!" 

"Reiner!" 

"Jean!" 

"Marco" 

"Connie" 

....

... 

After the last name. The Instructor then began to permit the Team Leader to pick their own Teammates.

Vincent's name got mentioned, and like the Instructor had said, he is one of the Team leaders and his job now is to pick two more persons to be his teammates... 

"Sigh~. Sadly we're not in the same team, Vincent" 

Connie sighed and said... 

"Gonna go now and pick some decent Teammates. Vincent, good luck!" 

He then added before starting to search for his Teammates... 

"Hmm, good luck" 

Vincent responded, and thought.

'Searching for some decent one is no good, as most of the one that got mentioned are the best' 

Looking around, he saw that some teams had already been formed, like Mikasa's team who's composed of Eren and Armin. But, some are just like him, still looking for Teammates.

Then... someone calls out to him. 

"Vincent…?" 

Vincent turns around, seeing Annie... 

"What?" 

"Are you still looking for members?" 

"Yeah" 

Vincent nodded in response... 

"Then, can I join your team?" 

"Sure" 

Vincent nodded and thought.

'Annie, Nice. Annie had great strength and stamina, she will not be tired out easily. But still, I'm lacking one more Teammate' 

"We still need one more member"

Vincent said that towards Annie and began searching... 

At some corner, he spotted a blond hair guy and thought.

'Thomas Wagner is not bad' 

Vincent walked towards Thomas and said.

"Thomas, are you already in a team?" 

"No, I'm still thinking about where to join the team." 

"Then, join my Team. I have Annie here, with you, we will be a great team" 

"Sounds Good, count me in!" 

Thomas then agreed and said.

"Then, nice to meet you Annie. This will be the first time, I got to know you and we're now a team, so nice to meet you" 

"Hmm, Nice to meet you" 

Annie said that and nodded...

*****

"Now that all of you are in a group. You guys will now need to climb down the mountain. The faster you reach the cottage, the more points you will earn." 

"What?! Going up and down, is this a joke?" 

"What are you complaining about! If you don't want to go, drop now and go back to hut" 

"No, Ma'am" 

"Then, start now" 

Gaza said that, and walked back towards the Hut, as the Trainees began planning and preparing their equipment and necessities for climbing down the Snowy Mountain. 

Vincent Team started to prepare too... 

Small knife, some rope... 

Inside the Hut, Vincent looked outside and thought. 

'The snow has started to fall heavily, and the temperature is getting colder and colder every second. The Instructors are really Evil.'

Sighing, Vincent looked towards his companion and thought. 

'Thank god, I hope good Teammates here, or else, this Winter Training will be disastrous for me' 

Vincent then began sending orders... 

"Pick up the pace, we need to start climbing down. The sooner the better and the more chances of us getting more points" 

Picking up their pace on packing up the equipment's needed Vincent's team are ready to go... 

"Let's go" 

Vincent said that towards his Teammates and began leading the way down the Snowy mountain... 

24