Chapter 37 Titan Shifters (4)
797 7 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Brat, explain what happened?"

Frowning at what he heard. Vincent looked at the one that spoke and saw a short guy, who had slight disregard in his eyes as he looked at Vincent and the Armored Titan.

Vincent didn't quarrel with them and said. 

"There's no time to explain everything. The Armored Titan is escaping. I will tell you all later the whole truth. And, we should first stop that guy from escaping and climbing up the walls."

The Blond hair guy, Erwin Smith nodded at what Vincent had said, and said. 

"He's right. Levi's squad, go and test the Armored Titan. Let's see if the report about it was true. If it is impenetrable or not."

Erwin then looked at Vincent and said,

"What's your name?"

"Vincent Glaze, Sir!"

Erwin nodded and began to lead everyone to attack. After saying all the plans. Erwin looked at Vincent and said,

"Recruit Vincent, you need to get out of here. We will take over everything from here."

"Wish you good luck, sir!"

Erwin nodded, everyone from the Survey Corps began to attack the Armored Titan.

Vincent once again looked at them and thought. 

'Useless. They can't harm the Armored Titan, without peeling the Armor on its body.' He then specifically looked at Reiner, the Armored Titan's arm, and saw the crystal-like on it and thought. 'Whenever its Armor is cracking and about to peel off, those annoying powers of crystal manifest and shield him from my sword'.

'I guess they won this time. Unless a miracle happens. They wouldn't win and kill that guy'.

Vincent began to ready his ODM gear and fly, while thinking. 

'I need to know who they are. And if my memory serves me correctly. Reiner and Bertholdt, weren't the only ones in the same Village. There's one more Trainee with them'.

Vincent's eyes began to turn cold and said in a low voice.

"Annie Leonhart…"

… .

Wshh~

Getting up the walls. Vincent looked down at the town. His eyes began to turn colder and colder at every second he looked at it. 

He looked at the distance and saw Reiner, the Armored Titan finally got up on the walls. Even though he's not in a good shape: peeled off arms, cuts on its legs. Undoubtedly he still can run and escape.

Vincent then began to run towards where the gate was. He's almost out of gas on his travels and fights with the Armored Titan. His Blades were all gone, broken by the sheer amount of hardness the Armored Titan: Body Armor. 

After some time and seeing a bunch of cannons being gathered and pointed down, towards the sea of Titans. This is their best choice to kill all of them without or a little loss of life.

Spotting Ian, his previous Captain in his previous Mission. Stopping in front of him and said.

"Sir!"

"Recruit Glaze, what happened?"

Vincent then began to report his encounters and everything happened. His report outstanded Ian, as he looked at the Armored Titan in the distance and thought. 

'So he's the one that made that Armored Titan appeared.' Ian looked at Vincent and said,

"I will report that to the Commander. And I know you're exhausted about all the happenings. So, go and rest first."

"Yes, sir. But…"

"What is it?"

"Is there a guy named Marco who reported it before me?"

"Marco… Nope, there's no guy named Marco reported that," Ian thought for a second before saying as he looked at the Trainee in front of him, and thought. 

'What a talented lad'.

Vincent's eyes become cold, but his face never changes as he said.

"Then, I go now sir"

"Hmm? Rest well"

Ian saw a flash of coldness in Vincent's eyes and thought it as an illusion, and replied. 

Vincent then began to walk towards the end of the walls, and jumped.

… .

Vincent began to walk towards the camp, in search of Marco's whereabouts. 

His heart began to turn cold, as his assumption might become true. Searching for some time, but no news of him was found. Marco and Annie's whereabouts are unknown. 

Then… Vincent saw Marco with Annie in his tow, appearing, walking towards his direction. 

Even now he doubted Annie. No, his assumptions might be right, and was thankful for her not killing Marco.

He looked at Marco and said,

"Why are guys late?"

Marco scratched his head with his arms. Looking at Annie and began explaining what happened. 

"Well, my gear malfunctions and Annie carries me here. That's why we're late."

Vincent nodded and thought. 'Hopefully, that's happened, I thought Annie killed Marco for a second.'

"Marco, did you report about Reiner and Bertholdt?"

"Yeah, I just reported a while ago. The Captain said that you were searching for me, so I immediately went down and searched and found you here."

Vincent then began to think about Reiner and Bertholdt.

'Reiner, Bertholdt, and Annie's hometown were the same, so my suspicion for her will not be gone. I will ask her now.'

"Marco, leaves us Annie alone for a second. I need to tell her something."

Marco looked at Vincent knowingly and nodded and said.

"Ok, good luck"

With Marco's gone from the scene. Vincent looked at Annie and saw her looking down at the ground, nervous.

Vincent sighed, as Annie's flinch from it.

*Sigh*

"Follow me"

Vincent then began to walk towards the nearby forest.

… .

Vincent looked at the pond in front of him. On his side was Annie in silence. He looks at her and remembers the time with her in the Training Camp. 

*Sigh*

Sighing once more, Vincent began to speak.

"Is Reiner and Bertholdt… the same town as you?"

Annie began to shiver and stayed silent. Vincent looked at Annie and said with a frown and cold voice.

"Answer me, Annie"

Annie looked up and saw Vincent's cold eyes, looking at her. Annie lowered her head in fear.

Vincent silently looks at Annie, as she answers. 

"... yes"

*Sigh*

Vincent sighs as he looks at the pond in front of him. His sigh was heavy from the ear of Annie. Those sighs carried the disappointment of Vincent, as Annie began to sob quietly. 

Looking at Annie, Vincent couldn't help but say.

"... why?"

Those words broke Annie, as she began to cry and drop to the ground. She was saying "sorry" 
under her soft cry.

"... sorry,... sorry…, sorry"

Vincent closed his eyes and thought. 

'So this is the meaning of what she said that night.'

His eyes began to turn cold and said. "Get up. Tell me why… why all of you are doing this"

Annie didn't want to lie anymore and began telling their missions. Powers, secrets, and the truth.

Vincent began to question Annie, as she answered honestly. Annie said all of that, while looking at the ground.

Then… 

"Annie…"

"... yes?"

"Do you love me?"

Stunned at the sudden question. Annie blushed as she stuttered in response. 

"Y-Yes"

"Then get up"

Annie looked up and saw Vincent's warm smile directed at her. Feeling that Vincent forgive her, she said.

"D-Do you forgive me for all I have done?"

Vincent didn't answer and just reached his hands towards Annie. Understandably, Annie knew that for Vincent to forgive him was close to zero. 

Reaching Vincent's hand and getting up, he heard Vincent speak.

"Do you love me?"

Annie looked away, shy. But Vincent said.

"Look at me in the eye, and answer me"

Annie looked at Vincent's eyes, and saw his dark and abyss-like eyes, and answered. 

"Yes, I love you, Vincent"

"Then I will forgive you"

"Really?"

Annie was stunned at Vincent's sudden forgiveness. 

"I will forgive you, in one condition"

"Anything! I will do anything!" Annie readily nodded and answered. 

Vincent looked Annie in the eyes and slowly said.

"I will forgive you, and so… "

"... die"

Check out my P.A.T.R.E.O.N 

Pa treon link: https://www.patrèon.com/CanYouMakeItClear

(15 Advanced Chapters) 

Join my Discord Server

Discord link: https://discord.gg/ftmnzeefa2

23