Chapter 40 The Boy who was a Slave to his Dream
829 9 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My life is really not special. I didn't kill people because I'm forced to, I'm doing this because I have too. 

This is a story about a foolish boy. A boy who keeps lying to himself. The boy who was always alone. And the boy who was a slave to his dream.

… .

… .

In a small house. A certain boy, who had a pure smile on his face was currently talking to his drunk mother.

"Mommy… Mommy..." The boy quietly shakes his Mother to wake her up.

The boy's mother opened her eyes. She was sleepy and so asked in irritation. 

"What is it? Tell it fast or I will kick you" The boy's mother said that. Voice oozing with annoyance, evident in how she speaks.

The boy seemingly didn't realize this and just asked with his usual pure smile. 

"I got perfect scores in my test!" The boy said that with pride. He looked at his mother's eyes, expecting something, like praise.

"Ohh. Is that so good for you? Now get out!" Hearing this, the boy's mother was more annoyed as heard the reason, and kicked the boy into his face.

The boy stumbled by the force of the kick and laid down flat to his butt. Even though it hurts, the boy still had that pure smile hanging on his face.

The boy's mother looked at him and said with a tired voice. "Call your father to send more money!"

The boy's mother got up and walked towards the kitchen while muttering, "Damnit, I lost yesterday's game. What a sh*tty luck…"

The boy's still had that smile on his face and got up and left the room. He walked to the house phone and dialed something.

*ring* *ring*

The other side answered as the boy said.

"Daddy! I got a perfect score on my test!" The boy said that happily, as a deep manly voice answered through the phone.

"Really! My son really is the best!" Happy at his son's accomplishment, he praised his son and said. "Sweety, I'm still working. Tell daddy, what do you want and I will buy it for you."

"Hmmm," The boy wanted to then begin to think. He thought of the cool remote control car his classmates have, but forget it, as he remembered what his mother told him to do. "Mother's needs money."

"What?! She needs more money again?!" The male voice asked in anger. As the boy said, "Dad? Are you and Mommy, fighting?"

"No, no, no, we're not fighting, sweety" The male voice quickly changed to appease the boy's question. 

"Then… will you send money to mommy?" The boy asks excitedly. As the man answered reluctantly, "... Yes"

"Yehey!" The boy celebrated and said, "Then, Bye, Bye, Daddy."

The boy quickly walked towards the kitchen, where his mother was, and said.

"Daddy said he will send money!" The boy said that to his mother with a smile.

"Ohh. Then, get out" 

The boy left the house, and played with the kids, bragging really hard that his mother praised him, and his mother is a kind and lovable mother.

… .

1 year had passed and the boy's mother died in an accident. 

The boy cried really hard at the funeral… And now with his mother gone, his dad is the only family left to him.

School is what the boy was good at. He is kind and always has that pure smile on his face. And one day.

Thud-

The boy got punched in the face, as he stumbled and fell to the ground. He looked at the two boys that were in front of him and said.

"What are you doing? Do you know this is bad?" 

"Heh, what a kind kid you are. I hate your smile, so put that away" One of the boys said that and kicked the boy's face. 

The boy curled up into a ball and defended himself… never fighting back.

Getting out of the Comfort room with tattered and dirty clothes, despite this, the boy had that smile on his face.

The teacher questioned him, but the boy just answered by playing with his friend and accidentally dirty his clothes. The teacher didn't believe this, but without the boy's opening his mouth to talk, the teacher will never know. The teacher can ask some of her students but the boy's stubbornness on not talking made the teacher think of something like; "Too Stubborn for his own good", "I'm asking nice and he's still not talking", to "whatever, just a kids quarrel."

So with that thought, the teacher didn't question the boy any further and have him leave. 

Since that day, the teacher never called out to him again, even when he saw the boy in that state or even worse like injuries on his body.

He always called his father every day to talk, as he didn't have friends in school. Despite his high grade, people only talk to him because of copying notes and assignments, but the boy is happy with that. 

His father is still working in a faraway place, until one year later... his father died. The boy cried hard like at his mother's funeral. And now… The boy was all alone.

The boy had no family for him to talk to until a relative of his visited him at his house.

It's his uncle and auntie, they adopted him, loved him and showered him with care, until one day… he saw and heard their true face.

The boy quietly and sneaked out to his house. Quietly walking towards the room that had only light lit up the house.

He would always say, "I'm home" or "I'm back", but he didn't because he wanted to surprise them.

He sneaked on the door and then…

"F*ck! Can we just kill him!" His uncle said that to his auntie, as his auntie said. 

"No, we can't! We need him to have him transfer us the money and possession, or else the lawyer of that dead guy will call us and have us not inherit it." His Auntie said that to appease his Uncle's anger. 

"Hmm. Dead, but still f*cking with us" the uncle said that in anger and threw the cup on his hand to the floor.

This noise startled the boy's mind as he shouted reflexively. 

Crack~ 

"Uhh!"

The two people in the house were startled by this. They looked towards the door, as the Auntie called out nervously. 

"Sweety, are you back"

Hearing the voice of his auntie, the boy didn't know what to do, and so just answered honestly. 

"Yes, auntie" 

Knowing their conversation might have been heard by the boy, the auntie question. 

"Sweety, did you hear everything?"

"... Yes"

The boy answered honestly. Hearing this, the auntie's face became pale. But the uncle didn't panic and just said angrily. 

"F*ck this. I'm going to kill you" The uncle then picks up the boy and throws the boy inside the kitchen. 

The boy got violently thrown, as the aunt screamed and said.

"What are you doing?!"

"Sh*t! Since he now knows, let's just kill him and deal with the rest later. Or we might go to jail if the lawyer finds out about it"

The boy looked towards the quarreling two people. The two people he thought were his family. They love him, care for him… He felt genuinely close to them, but… Looking at the situation… everything is fake.

Suddenly, the boy felt something rise upon his chest. It is feeling, a new feeling… and it is anger.

The boy found a new feeling and used it. The boy in his anger grabs a knife and plunges it to his uncle's heart, killing him.

The auntie screams in pale and runs out of the house. This commotion was loud so their neighbors visited their house and found his uncle's dead body.

A cop arrived and asked the boy why he had done it.

The boy told everything he heard. Then… the lawyer arrived. His Auntie got arrested in the end, by the lawyer doing and finding all the evidence he could get.

The boy walked out fine. And once again…

The boy was all alone.

… .

The boy grew up, but this time… he fought back. Bullying hadn't happened since the day he fought back. 

His smiling face was replaced by an expressionless face. And… one day, while surfing the internet. 

The boy found out that he's not all alone. Someone experienced what he had experienced or even worse than him.

The boy then goes towards a place, an orphanage. 

A place of children who had no family left. They are all alone… and so he thought.

As he walked towards them, he saw their smile, happy, and content smile. Seeing this, the boy thought. 

"I want to be like them."

The boy then began to delve deeper into this topic of orphanages. Hearing and reading some of the kids' experiences. 

Kids got sold everywhere, kids got raped everywhere, and kids got killed everywhere. 

The boy didn't finish studying and left to do something he wanted to do.

And that is, "Seeing the kids smile, but that's just an excuse..."

Why was he doing this? Is it to reminisce about his childhood? Is it to just cure himself? and stop people from having the same experience as him.

He doesn't know or he forgot as days go by… But there's something he will never forget. And that is about, "A Foolish Boy who had a dream."

"A dream of seeing the kids keep smiling."

So that's why he will never stop and will do everything he can to make it happen. 

... .

... .

... .

... .

... .

... .

A/N: What do guys think? First time writing a tragic backstory... It's hard and easy at the same time since I read something similar to the backstory I wrote. Anyway, hope you enjoy it and see you guys in the next chapter!

Hello! CanYouMakeItClear here! Thank you for reading!

Check out my P.A.T.R.E.O.N 

Pa treon link: https://www.patrèon.com/CanYouMakeItClear

(15 Advanced Chapters) 

Join my Discord Server

Discord link: https://discord.gg/ftmnzeefa2

Comment to show support

19