Chapter 2
519 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Each person currently watching the screen were showing different expressions from one another. Only one looked curiously at the young man on the screen because she was the only one who didn't receive any news about the current situation, but everyone else looked rather severe because they exactly knew the prowess of the young man and what he is capable of doing if left alone.

Normally, this would not cause the highest powers in the army to hold a conference exclusively for one person, but because they exactly knew about where he came from but didn't know what he did during the time that he was taken as a hostage by 'that' group.

This is the real problem for them because, from the reports they received, no one else knew that he was one of the numerous hostages taken by that mysterious place.

''Army generals, this young child seems to be taken from the slums in an underground base belonging from 'that' group.''

At the corner of the room, a middle-aged woman was presenting the information obtained during that special operation.

''The other hostages seemingly had absolutely no idea about his presence there. Nonetheless, we were told by one of the hostages that the people wearing masks were always going to the place where this young child was located.''

''We were told that they always went in groups that rarely happened, but when they returned, they looked as if they went on a war or something like that.''

''There were cases when some of the people didn't return in groups, and only a few ones returned from that place.''

''It also seemed that the hostages were relatively free because they could go to other places aside from certain areas such as the place previously told.''

''Asides from this piece of information, we have not obtained anything else regarding any news of this young child. On another note, it seems that some hostages were always injected with some strange liquid with unknown origins. We have developed different tests on their body, but everything seems perfectly normal at this time.''

''This test was completed in every hostage except this young child for the following given reasons:

  • Refuses any type of contact with people of both genders.
  • High physical prowess causing extreme danger to the surrounding people.
  • Unstable personality.
  • Suspected trauma caused during or before being taken as a hostage.''

After the middle-aged woman finished informing everyone present in the room of everything they currently knew, she excused herself and left the room to let everyone make their decision about the fate of the young child.

*************************

'Remember Damian, your last order is that you don't have to say anything that you don't want to say to them. The only thing I need you to do is to follow your own decisions, not others.'

After remembering the last words given by him, I can only think about what to do now.

Maybe I should continue my life from what I left it from? Or should I simply isolate myself from everyone else one more time?

While looking at my surrounding that was fully colored in white, I didn't know what to do, after all, in my whole life I have only followed the orders of everyone else.

I also fully knew that I can't have a normal life anymore because of what happened to my body during the time I was inside that room. So while hesitant about my future, I was only looking at the white roof of this room.

After hearing a sound to my right side, I turned my face to the door that was just opening and revealing two people. One was a woman that was around 25 years old, and the other was the captain of the last day, but his face that was previously smooth was now full of bruises with a broken nose.

The young woman looked carefully at me then turned her eyes to the captain with a questioning look on her eyes but still shook her head and approached me with light steps. The captain looked at the woman in front of him with a weird expression, but he still followed the woman heading towards me.

Not until the woman was 2 meters in front of me did she stop and talked to me with her never-changing gentle expression,

''Damian, am I correct? 16 years old, born in the year 2036 with two brothers and no parents?''

After seeing that I had no intention of answering any of her questions, she still continued talking,

''It seems that I have now been appointed as you... let's say, helper.''

''Let's work together from now on!''

After saying this, she took half a step before the captain behind her grabbed her white coat causing her to stay in place, the woman looked at the captain with a questioning look on her eyes only to be received with a motion to look at her neck which she did. And saw my hand about to touch her neck.

After seeing that she retreated a few steps did I finally lower my hand to the side of my body that was still lying down on the bed. Looking at the eyes of the captain that didn't have the usual fearful look I have been accustomed to, I was a bit surprised but still turned my face once again to the white roof.

''*Cough* *cough* It seems that I was a bit hurried, and I apologize for that. Damian, I hope you can enjoy your life from now on! I will make sure to help you the most I can, if you have any questions, you just need to ask, and I will try to do my best for you.'' 

''My name is Angela. I hope we can work together from now on.''

The woman, Angela was a bit annoying, but I still continued ignoring her until she left with the captain that was still following behind her.

*************************

''That was everything we currently know of this young child and as everyone could see on the presentation, the camera didn't have enough time to capture the movement of moving his hand towards the neck of the nurse called Angela.''

Everyone present in the meeting room had a severe expression on their face with no exceptions, especially the only woman in the group who was silently calculating every option she has at this time. After some time, the woman, Scarlett solemnly said with a tone that wouldn't accept a no for a reply,

''I will take him with me.''

Omg, 2.5 hours only for 1k words. If there are any mistakes please comment, I will fix it as soon as possible.

14