Chapter 5: Training
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

After some time.

The cottage from a before was non-existent as the wooden planks were now covered in moss. A tree had grown out of the house and stood just metres above the top of the roof with its branches bearing various kinds of fruit.

The new family of six's relationship with the villagers ended quickly after Rose left. Grey refusing to accompany the villagers for hunts, despite their numerous pleas and solely focusing on training and developing his children. The change in attitude from Grey led to many rumours and accusations since the beauty that was by his side was gone, and all he had left were his children.

Although in the bathroom of the cottage, a handsome man with grey eyes, dark skin, and well-groomed beard is currently pouring medicinal herbs, fish guts, and demon blood into a clay bath.

His smile carrying the illusion that he had triumphed through a thousand storms.

"It feels good to be with my natural face again," he thought.

"Alright, this is your last medicinal bath, you little monsters have made me waste all of my herbs and high-grade beast blood," Grey grumbled, barging into his son's room.

Only to see Demios and Hyde stripped off their clothes with their towels wrapped around their waist.

"You've been saying that for a year now!" Demios shouted, biting his pale lips.

"Damn, Old man, making us go through this torture again?" Hyde added, his words not matching his age.

The children's consciousness grew astoundingly, fast-absorbing their genetic personality traits as a result of the regular medicinal baths.

"What did you say? Hyde!" Grey shouted, towering over his shaking son.

"The beauty of nature really shines today," Hyde said nervously, as he fixated his eyes on the window, refusing to lock eyes with Grey.

Sighing, Grey added the final ingredient "They've learned too much from us,"

Feeling slight heat from the sun, Grey glanced towards his sons who skins were now basking in the sunlight, their skin glowing from their complexion. The relaxed ambience allowing his mind to drift.

Grey's smile slowly faded.

"Just call Miko," Grey's said calmly.

"I'll do it," Hyde replied, his eyes shining in mischievous light as he sprinted out of the bathroom.

"Why do you look so stressed?" Demios asked, his body shivering.

"Why do you look so cold?" Grey asked, gently pressing his fingers on his son's forehead.

"Your forehead's not cold,"

"You're telling me you can't feel that breeze from that monstrosity in the tub, "Demios argued glancing over at the now ocean blue water in the bathtub.

"Hmm, you can feel it, huh?" Grey rubbed Demios's curly hair before tossing the boy into the bathtub.

"Arghh! You fucking bastard!" Demios screamed.

"Huh, Dad?" Miko gasped his cheeks clearly pinched.

"Oh, Demios is already in, no fair! I wanna train too," Hyde jumped into the bath.

"Wait for me," Miko added, joining them both.

~~~~~~
Grey pov

This has to be the last one, for now, their bodies and senses have grown far beyond their age. In fact, their senses are reconstructing at this very moment. Still, once they reach the fantasia stage of development... hmmm, we should start teaching them the core essentials now. Since that fool, Frey promised to teach my sons about Orbis.

So how should I schedule all of this for them? Hmm, I could teach them medicine and train their bodies and minds without focusing on any specialised skills for a couple of months. Then I could get little Black to show them how to deal with other people, but they may turn into shameless perverts if they have too much contact with him. Well, it's not like I have a choice. Their mother would have been the ideal teacher but never mind.

I also have to reinforce the ironclad rules of our family, or I will be a failure as a father. If my little monsters were to go out to the world and become mass murders that kill anyone and everyone for just looking at them wrong.

Or if they offend a person from a sect then destroy everyone in the sect to take out 'future problems'. I would honestly castrate them, then kill myself. It's a father's job to teach his children morals and self-control besides when it comes to females, I don't think I would need to teach them anything.

Glancing at his three sons, who were sitting cross-legged in the bath, absorbing the medicines poured into the tub.

Grey smirked.

~~~~~~

The Next Day

The brother's lined up outside their house. Earnestly paying attention to the dark, handsome man in front of them with both Black and Frey beside him. The latter carefully adjusting his reading glasses as he flipped the pages of a dusty old book.

"Old man, are we finally starting?" Demios questioned, his patience running out.

"What's with all of you, calling me an old man. I'm still in my early 30s; it's not like I am one of those old bastards that are in their 400s," Grey grumbled reminiscing on the days his sons would call him father or papa.

"Then can I call you old bastard instead?" Demios replied with a smile.

"Try it, and you will have to do your new training plan wearing the 1000-pound breastplate," Grey said, his voice calmly sending shivers down Demios's spine.

"Fair play," Demios sighed as he currently struggled to wear 250-pound breastplate from his last punishment.

"Hahahahahhahaha," laughed Hyde.

"Dad, what is the new training plan?" Miko asked softly.

"I will teach you all how to fight and strategies and train you to become a doctor deserving of the name Ether. Your Uncle Black will teach you how to live, and your Uncle Frey will only tell you about the continent and history. Any more questions" Grey explained.

"Why is Uncle Black teaching us how to live, when he struggles with it himself?" Demios asked grinning at Black.

"You brat!" Black shouted, rushing towards the grinning Demios.

"Leave him, Black" Grey commanded.

"But," Black grumbled. However, noticing Grey's expression his went back to his side meekly causing Demios smile to disappear, sensing his father's mood change.

"Also, Uncle Frey said he will teach us about Orbis," Miko added.

"What is a doctor?" Hyde asked.

Staring at the grass, Grey sighed a couple of times before looking at Hyde as he said," A doctor is someone who treats people who are hurt and makes them better,"

Seeing Hyde's reaction," Hold on for a second," Grey gestured for Hyde to hold his lips.

Turning his attention to Miko, he clicked his fingers before saying "To be able to learn about Orbis, you boys need to understand the history of human civilisation and more importantly the political powers that play in the continent we are currently in right now,"

"I don't want to be a doctor; I want to be a warrior like you" Hyde shouted.

"Couldn't let me finish, huh?" Grey thought before saying "I am a doctor first Hyde, and you all will be the same, any more questions?" Grey said coldly.

"No old man," they all replied and with those words began the three brothers specialised training.

~~~~

A couple months later

Demios Pov

OK, this is day forty-five of kill me now, please. If I didn't write my thoughts in this notebook. I think I would have lost it by now.

So now let's begin.

What did I do to this deserve this? I didn't murder anyone in my past life, right? And why does it feel like the seasons are moving faster, how many months has it been already ten, twelve, I don't even know where I am anymore?

The only thing that I've been allowed to do so far is breathe, and I've barely been able to do that in all honestly. Carrying this thousand-pound breastplate, ankle weights and five-hundred-pound trousers is killing me, but I'm slowly adjusting to it. When I first had it on, I could barely move, it just felt like a hammer pounding on every part of my body. Now, everything is still the same! I'm in constant pain, my brothers have stopped crying about it, but if they continued on for a couple more days, I would have ended up crying with them.

Running up and down the mountain path every morning and night, reading and writing lessons in the afternoon. What kind of life am I living? It's not like I'm in the military or anything! Wait, even soldiers have rest breaks at times, I think they should... I mean they go home to their family's after each campaign, so it does count as a rest break, but that's beside the point, I've learned that this world is more chaotic than it looks.

Well, how did you think it looked before, idiot? Oh, great now I am questioning myself? Look at what this family has already done to me.

Uncle Frey said that there are five main kingdoms, five great kingdoms!

They are the big kingdoms because they all have one ancient expert from before the continental splits. Apparently, everyone used to live on one continent until some significant war, which caused the land to split, and now there are five substantial continents and forbidden zones. No matter how many times I questioned what the forbidden zones meant or the major war, Uncle would only say that we should wait until we are older.

Alright, that's my review done, now it's time to start planning how to manage these damn weights for tomorrow's morning run...

0