Chapter 16: Petting!
3.7k 5 88
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So boring…” I say while rolling around my bed. I had spent most of my day idling around or watching the TV. Though there was a lot of interesting stuff on it, there is a sudden blackout. All of us went back to our rooms, but I had nothing to do. Apparently, the phones used in shelters aren’t functional in Eucidia. Only the offline downloaded apps seem to work. Anything related to the net isn’t working either. It seems like I will have to get a new one, but I didn’t have the money to buy one yet. It wouldn’t seem good if I were to beg for their money despite just having entered their household. For starters, I will need to find a job to help up with my costs.

Well, that was for later. All this planning is just to stake out my boredom. I thought of trying to meet up with Amelia and hang out with her since Susan mentioned her having a pile of games, but there was a problem. Amelia didn’t seem very keen on socializing. Our introduction had gone awry right off the bat, I hadn’t even seen her today. She was in her room, for sure. I could hear the sounds of gun muzzles and screams right next to my room. As far as I can tell, she seems really introverted. I hadn’t seen her take a single step out of her room today.

In the end, I decided to get familiar with the house. Even though Isabel had given me a guide earlier, I still think moving around won’t be bad. I am wary of going outside the house in such an unfamiliar environment. At least, until I have a good understanding of the people in here, I wanted to keep that off for later.

As I move around my body, I notice Amber twisting around on the living room couch. She seems bored, like me. Maybe she also has nothing better to do?

“Hey, Amber,” I call out to her. Her face perks up before she looks at it. Is she still feeling cautious around me?

“Hi,” she answers quietly. It is the first time I heard her speak. Her voice is soft and soothing. But as soon as she replies, her body freezes still as her eyes bulge out looking at me, like a dog analyzing something foreign to it. If she’s willing to hold on to a conversation, maybe I can entertain myself for a bit.

“So Amber, is there anything you like doing? Any hobbies?” I try to break the ice. Silence follows for a few moments. Amber looks flustered. She starts looking left and right as if asking for someone to help her out. Yeah, this will not work. Both of us continue sitting awkwardly before I get an idea.

“Hey, Amber. This might sound rude, but do you mind getting petted?”

She tilts her head while asking, “petted?” Don’t tell me she hasn’t even been petted once, this is a criminal offence!

“Yeah, come here. You might enjoy it.” I say while directing her. She looks suspiciously at me, like I am some criminal, but ends up listening to my request. I reach out my hand. Amber backs away a bit, giving me prudent looks. I wait for a bit before gradually placing my hand on her head. She squeezes her eyes as if bracing for impact. Does she expect me to be the kind of guy to hit her? Gently, I rub and ruffle her hair. She stays frozen for a while, confused as to what’s going on.

“So? How is it?” I ask her. It doesn’t look like I need an answer. Her tail is already wagging around. I continue petting her as she entrusts me entirely with her head. It would be a lie if I were to say this wasn’t fun. Dog girls are really cute.

“Do you mind if I scratch your chin too?” Amber doesn’t reply. She is too busy enjoying this fresh sensation. I take her silence as a yes and use my other hand to scratch under her face.

It seems like a success. Her head moves in closer as I continue to both pet and scratch her. Her tail makes flapping sounds as it waves left and right. I kinda want to try this on Susan too, if she’s willing. Well, maybe not since she’s sharp enough to associate where I got the idea from. It at least my appeases my boredom as I continue playing around with Amber. After some time, I gradually stop as the novelty wears off. When my hands stop petting, her ears become droopy and her tail comes to a halt.

“Is something wrong?” I ask her, even though I have a good idea what it’s going to be about.

“Mike, m-more petting please.” She asks unabashedly, though her voice stutters a bit. Maybe she isn’t that used to speaking. After receiving such a cute request, there’s no way I can stop now, can I?

I get back to petting her again. She gives a happy and content smile. Her tail goes full throttle into its swinging mode yet again. I wonder how long I must do this though…

___

After a decent amount of time, I finally end the petting. As expected, she gives the same reaction as before.

“Mike, more.” She says while tugging on my sleeve.

“No more Amber. We’ve been at this for an hour and a half.” I reject her. I already spent more time than I was willing to part with.

“Please?” She begs me with her puppy eyes. I am tempted to give in, but the consequence of doing that would follow with more begging.

“Sorry, Amber. My arms hurt from petting!” I quickly make up a lie. Amber gives a whimpering sound. Stop staring at me, stop staring at me like I wronged you!

“Okay, I can give half an hour per day. How’s that?” Under her adorable whining, I make a reluctant compromise.

“One hour.”

“One hour is a bit…”

“Please Mike. Please Mike. Pretty please...” She keeps on repeating incessantly like a child. Instead of answering, I simply get up and head to my room. But Amber follows me inside while repeating the same phrase like a chant. I try to ignore her, but she’s like a vengeful wraith whispering behind my ear. Why are all the women from this household so persistent...

“Okay, fine, fine. 1 hour… not more than that though!” I give in. “Just spare me from your pestering.”

Amber wags her tail happily after getting what she wanted. She is finally willing to give me some free space, so I let her outside the room. I just hope she gets over this petting addiction she has developed, or maybe find someone else to bother.

88