Chapter 14: Jaakuna, an FBI agent?
112 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven years later, after Jaakuna began her training to be her father's successor, she was now a 19 year old young lady. Jaakuna was in the training facility with her father. She was completing her daily routine in the death course, which was an agility course filled with death traps such as blade pendulums, spikes, and automatic mounted weapons.

She hopped over four large pillars, effortlessly dodging the blade pendulum, that were swinging between each one. As she landed in the next section of the course, a trap floor opened up revealing a bed of spikes. Jaakuna quickly grabbed on to a pole that allowed her to avoid the trap of spikes below, and flipped forward through the course. Just as she did, several mounted crossbows emerged from the wall, and fired at Jaakuna. She ricocheted off the walls, effortlessly dodging every single arrow, even causing the mounted crossbow's to hit each other, deactivating them. As she approached the end of the course, a mounted mini rocket launcher popped out of the ceiling, firing a barrage of rockets at Jaakuna. She once again, dodged each rocket in a zigzag motion, causing multiple small explosions throughout the course. She jumped up, and grabbed on to the rocket launcher, disabling it. 

"Incredible, 18 seconds. The previous record, was a little over a minute, and you completely destroyed it, Jaakuna." said Javerius, as he stopped his stopwatch. 

"Thanks. Although, I think I got a bit carried away and damaged some of the equipment." said Jaakuna as she grabbed her towel and water bottle.

"Hahaha, don't worry about it. It just goes to show, you've far outgrown these petty exercises. In fact, I think you're ready. We can go ahead and initiate you into Onihito, and with your skills, coupled with the fact that you're my daughter; it would be easy to gain the respect of the other members. From there, you would be well on your way to being my successor." said Javerius. 

Jaakuna had a look of disappointment, as her gaze drifted away from her father. "Yeah.." she said emotionlessly.

"What's wrong, my daughter? said Javerius.

"It's nothing, dad. I just need to take a breather. I'm stepping out for a bit." said Jaakuna.

"Very well, we'll call it a day for today." said Javerius.

Jaakuna took a stroll in the city, to gather her thoughts. She had matured into a very beautiful and curvaceous young woman, catching the attention of every guy in her vicinity, as she strolled along. Her appearance was so alluring, in fact, that it caused a young bicycler in the distance, to lose his focus and was flung off the bike, after running into a sidewalk.  However, Jaakuna was oblivious to all of her mesmerized spectators , since she was lost in thoughts about what to do about her future.

"Dad, really is dead set on making me his successor. I used to have so much respect for him, but over the years, just the thought of following into his footsteps, fills me with nothing but emptiness inside. I can't, I just can't do it." said Jaakuna as she walked through the city. 

As she walked block after block, her phone suddenly rang from an unknown number. "Hello? Who is this?" said Jaakuna.

"Hi, is this Jaakuna Warasaki? This is Dr. Oyama from Okinawa hospital. Unfortunately, I've got some bad news. Your mother was just brought to the emergency room, due to a stroke." said the doctor.

"What!? I'll be there immediately!" said Jaakuna as she immediately rushed to the doctor. 

"Mom! are you alright?" said Jaakuna.

"Yes, dear. I think so. The doctors did a blood test, and it seems the stroke was due to a lung disease." said Natasha.

"A lung disease? Oh my god. Where did this come from all of a sudden? You haven't shown any signs of being sick before." Jaakuna said in shock.

"Well, the doctor said the disease has probably been developing slowly for quite some time, but due to stress, it manifested and caused a stroke. Don't worry though, sweetheart. Your momma is strong. I'll get through this, just you watch." said Natasha.

"You're right, mom. It just scares me a bit, that's all." said Jaakuna.

"Don't be. The doctor said they were going to run a few more tests, and take it from there. I'll be fine, don't worry, now get going. I'm sure you have plenty on your plate already." said Natasha.

"Well, if you say so mom. I'll be back tommorow." said Jaakuna.

As she walked out of the hospital room, she was stopped by the doctor. "May I speak to you for a moment Ms. Warasaki?" said the doctor.

"What's wrong? Is everything ok?" said Jaakuna.

"Well, I'm going to be completely honest with you, as your mother probably won't tell you, to keep you from worrying. However, as it turns out, this lung disease is very serious. It slowly attacks the lungs, until they fail completely. The survival rate is extremely low, I'm afraid. The only way, would be to perform a complete lung transplant, which has only about a 50% survival rate in itself." said the doctor.

Jaakuna was in complete shock, upon hearing this news. She was at a loss for words. 

"I'm sorry, Ms. Warasaki. I had to tell you the truth." 

"No. I appreciate the honesty.  Please, excuse me, I have to go." Jaakuna said as she rushed out of the hospital.

Jaakuna walked back home, and as soon as she entered the house, her father pulled in right behind her. 

"So, you're back. Did you manage to blow off some steam?" said Javerius.

"No.. Mom is very sick. I just came back from the hospital. They didn't try to contact you, dad?" said Jaakuna.

"They did, but one of my men informed me of an emergency back at the office, so I didn't have time to go see her." said Javerius.

"Are you being serious right now? What emergency is more important, than making sure your wife is ok? She could've died. In fact, they said her illness is so severe, there's still a possibility she might die! You'd know that if you were there!" screamed Jaakuna, angrily.

"I see. That's quite unfortunate. Well, I guess this only proves the fact, that Natasha being my successor, was simply an impossibility. It is thanks to her though, that you, my ultimate prodigy, was born." said Javerius.

"I literally can't believe what I'm hearing right now. If it wasn't clear to me before, it is now. You're a monster, dad, and I have no intention of being your successor. I'm following my own path, from now on." said Jaakuna."

"Quit spouting such nonsense. I didn't raise you to get roused by emotion. A true member of the Warasaki family, fulfills their destiny no matter what the circumstances. It's been that way for generations. Death is something that will always occur, so deal with it. I refuse to believe my daughter is so weak, as to allow her emotions to sway her from her path." said Javerius.

"And I can't believe my father is such an idiotic fool, as to forsake the beautiful family he has right in front of him, just to uphold some legacy. I've made up my mind. I'll leave and I'll find a job that can pay enough to help mom get through this. If her own husband won't be there for her, then as her daughter, I have to step up to the plate. Honestly, you're disgusting. Don't bother, ever trying to reach out to me again!" Jaakuna said as she began to pack her bags.

"Do you even know where you're going? You're as impulsive as your mother. You can run if you like, I won't stop you, but in the end; you won't be able to escape your destiny. I promise you." said Javerius.

"You're wrong. I'm not running from it, I'm shaping my own destiny, and I'll do it by becoming the best PSIA agent in Japan." said Jaakuna.

"The PSIA? You mean like Japan's FBI? You can't be serious. What a laugh. There's no way your skills will be utilized to its fullest, doing something like that. You'll regret this." said Javerius.

"Piss off! Nothing you say, can change my mind. This is goodbye. Don't ever bother talking to me again." said Jaakuna as she left the house. 

 

Jaakuna set out to begin a new chapter in her life, away from her father's selfish ambitions. One that she could be proud of. Unfortunately, she would quickly realize that things would not be that simple.

To be continued:

Next time: Flashback: I'm number one, A fated rivalry!

 

 

 

 

 

0