[2] Legacy Grounds (2)
184 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kaden rested his head on his chin as he looked out the floor to ceiling glass windows that practically made up most of the walls.

Helena stood at the side with a slightly blank expression as she put her cell phone away.

'This lazy guy is the friend of the CEO? How? He's so plain and common! He doesn't even work properly, yet he has such a strong backing?'

Kaden was oblivious to Helena's thoughts as he gazed outside with a pained look on his countenance.

"Finish up the assignment your currently working on. You have a day to complete it or I'll deduct from your bonuses next term." Helena said as she walked back to the office.

Kaden, as well as every other guy in the room followed her hips swaying with a slightly lustful look on their faces.

"Perverts..." Some of the females murmured, however they too didn't avert their eyes until the door closed.

"Haa, life is a pain." Kaden said as he placed his head on his desk and quickly fell asleep.

The man who tried to make it difficult for Kaden stood by the side looking as if he had just eaten sh*t.

He came to brag and mock Kaden, however with a strange turn of events, he was now looking with wide eyes as Kaden was reinstated immediately after being fired.

With a trembling finger, he pointed at Kaden before leaving in rage.

Kaden had his head turned, and even if he did see that idiot pointing at him angrily, he wouldn't care much.

Kaden focused on the darkness behind his eyelids and the constantly shifting colors and shapes.

...

"Just who is Kaden?! Why does that piece of shit get to stay on while doing absolutely nothing!" Garry spoke furiously into his phone.

"You can't afford to offend that man. If you don't value your life, feel free to keep antagonizing him." With a cold tone, the line went dead, leaving a fuming Garry alone.

"Damn it!" He punched the wall beside him, and then rubbed his knuckles while hissing in pain.

...

[You have been integrated into the Battle of Ascension. Please find a spot to rest before being sent to the Legacy Grounds.]

Kaden slowly opened his eyes and saw a golden screen floating before his eyes, with beautiful font.

'Battle of Ascension? What kind to eighth grade syndrome name is that? Wait, did the technology of Earth increase or something? How is this possible, it's just like what I read in novels.'

Kaden rubbed his eyes and looked again, and as bright as day, the screen floated in front of him.

He looked around to ask if anyone else saw the screen, however he found that everyone else was gone.

The sky outside the window was dark, and clouds obscured the moon's gentle radiance.

'Eh? Who left me here by myself? Don't you know empty buildings are creepy as f*ck?' Kaden scolded everyone in his mind, before turning his attention back to the screen.

[Time Limit to find a resting place : 1:00]

[59:59]

[58:58]

Time started to decrease, however Kaden wasn't to shocked that he turned stupid, instead he was cautious because of all the novels he read.

Who knew what would happen when he found a resting place? What if he got on punished for not complying?

He grabbed his briefcase and headed out.

By the time he reached the small nondescript blue car he drove, he had less than thirty minutes remaining.

When he arrived at his apartment complex, he disembarked and hurried up to the second floor.

Inside his apartment, he closed the door behind him and sighed as he walked to his couch, leaving the briefcase on the couch.

'I should go to bed and wait for the timer to finish.' Kaden looked at the screen which had shrunken down, however he had a little over two minutes left.

He lay on his bed, closing his eyes as he mentally counted down with the timer.

[0:14]

[0:05]

[0:00]

[Integrating...]

Kaden felt his body sensations vanish and along with the feeling of rushing across a vast distance in an instant, his mind turned muddled.

...

 

6