Chapter 8- Returning
171 5 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I continued travelling through the space tunnel, my thoughts started to diverge to random things like whether the rebellion that was supposed to take place succeed? Or did the prophecy of the snake take place? 

Come to think of it. what was the prophecy about? I know it was supposed to be something or someone being born, but what was it? This is strange, why can't I remember? My intuition is telling me that it is something of importance and I never forget things that are considered important. 

Besides didn't I feel like I forgot something when I left the main plane? This is certainly suspicious.

"Hmmm..?!"

As I travelled through the space tunnel, I sensed a number of life forces following behind me. What surprised me most was that they were mortals. 

To think that mortals are able to use space tunnels, they must have really developed well during the last 3000 years.

Their destination must be the same as min-

"?!"

Or maybe not. I was surprised as I saw one of them throwing a large sword made of pure light at me.

Wow! Are these puny little mortals picking a fight with me?!  In my entire life I have never seen a Mortal picking fight with a Primordial Beast.  

The energy sword shortened the distance between it and me with a terrifying speed and directly pierced  me, or was supposed to pierce me.

Of course, I didn't dodge the incoming energy sword. Why should I?

 Up on making contact with my body, the energy sword directly vanished out of existence. 

I expected as much, there is no way an attack made by Mortals who utmost barely live half a millennia reach existence like the Deities and Primordial Beasts.

I compressed origin energy in my mouth to the extreme and directly shot it at them. I called this Origin Blast formerly known as Dragon Breath. It was the very first technique I created after my reincarnation as a Primordial Beast, a simple but  brutal technique that even an animal without intelligence can use.

The blast which was shot with an amazing velocity targeted the three idiots who were crazy enough to attack me and exploded, or so was supposed to happen but just before impact one of them created a sword out of mana and directly sliced my blast.

The blast that got sliced got scattered into pieces and released a shockwave inside the tunnel which didn't do much damage on the Mortals.

"Hoho.. this is interesting."

Did the mortal just cut my energy blast made up of Origin energy with mana? 

Origin energy is one of the apex energy in the Universe with only the Divine energy and Demonic energy rivalling them. Something like mana, which is one of the lowest levels in the ladder of energy sources can never compare to it unless they are refined beyond measure.

But the mana materialized by the mortal was not strong enough to be on the level of the ultra refined mana heard in fables.

To begin with cutting something like the energy blast, which is unstable to the core will result in an explosion similar to one produced on impact. Energy blasts made from Origin energy are not tofu to be cut like that. 

As I was absorbed in my thoughts, the three Mortals surrounded me.

I did nothing as they were not much of a threat even if they are able to neutralize my energy blast.

"We hit a big jackpot today, didn't we?" 

One of the three Mortals, a female spoke. 

'Oh! So the space channel does contain air.' I thought as I saw them speak in the space channel.

Hmmm...Now I have a closer look at them, most of them has human like feature except for the blue skin and the completely pitch black eyes. 

I never interacted much with any mortal after my reincarnation in this Universe eons ago, to  begin with there were no mortals in the Material plane during the birth of the Primordial Beasts.

 "Mortals, you do know what you are dealing with right?" 

Ohh.. I always wanted to say that line... now I sound like one of those arrogant villains in those Xianxia novels that I read long ago. 

My curiosity grew bigger, due to their lack of respect and fear in my presence.

"Of course we know, a black lizard of the now fallen pitiful race." The one who attacked me before with the energy sword said.

Ohh! They can see my true form. That's surprising. It's something that even some Primordial Beasts under me never achieved.

'But fallen, huh. Mehh.. not interested...'

I threw the latter half of their sentence out of my mind as it didn't interest me much.

"So why don't you three tell me the reason for attacking me, Mortals. Ohhh.. let me make a guess.."

"".....""

"Hmmm... a death wish, right?" I asked as I looked at them with a knowing expression as I nodded my head.

"""...."""

"Don't worry, I will squash you guys like as you people squash Bugs."

"Ohooo... We have a Joker Dragon here. " The last one of the three Mortals that hasn't spoken up until now spoke.

"That was not meant to be a joke Mortal" I said as I looked at the idiot.

"You have an attitude for a small Primordial Beast, don't you? But sorry to burst your bubble, the one who is going to die is you. Don't worry though, we will make good use of your body after all your kind's materials do sell for a lot.

With all the talking over, the mortal holding the energy sword directly closed the distance between us and slashed at me.

"!!!" 

The Swordsman put a surprised on his face as he saw the sword floating inches in front of my scales. He exerted more force to his sword but it didn't an inch from there. 

"Are you done?" I asked as I directly caught the swordsman in front  with my right claw as he tried to take distance.

"Urghh... Guys help me." The swordsman started panicking as he found out that he was not able get out of my grip.

""On it.""

"And splat" I said in a playful tone as I squeezed the swordsman in my claw.

SPLAT

""...""

"Now who is next?" 

I looked at the other two as they looked at me in horror as their friend was squashed into a puddle of blood and flesh in my claws.

6