Chapter 9 – Town 3
168 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Could you help me deliver this to the branch in the following city? Unfortunately the ones who were supposed to deliver it had an accident.” The man sighed while taking out a parcel.

 

“If it’s Heim’s Fort, then it should be no problem.” 

 

“Mhm, no problem.” The man nodded. “Then I’ll leave it to Emissary.”

 

Taking the parcel, Lilia brought me out of the room while we walked back to the inn we were staying at.

 

The two of us then sat on the bed while she began to send her mana like usual into me. Following her, I entered into my mental space as we began to view my soul core. 

 

I couldn’t understand anything, what those lines and curvatures meant, nor what the formation did, and in the end, I simply exited my mental space and left her alone. 

 

Placing a hand on my cheek, I stared at the wall, thinking about nothing in particular. Although, the feeling of someone looking into my soul core was embarrassing as usual.

 

Time slowly trickled by, and the sky outside began to grow dark.

 

“Let’s go eat dinner.” Lilia retrieved her mana from me as well as removed me from her lap.

 

“En,” answering her, I went over by the door to place my shoe on. Afterwards, I turned to look near the window. The new clothes we bought, including my old dress and underwear were hanging by the window.

 

“You can change into them tomorrow.” 

 

“En.” 

 

Turning back around, I exited the room when the door next door opened. The orc nodded at us as he made his way down the hall, probably to eat dinner as well.

 

We followed after him before finding a table near the corner.

 

The waitress came over like usual and passed us a menu as we ordered our food. 

 

“Please wait a moment.” She left before coming back with 2 cups of drinks. Taking it, I began to leisurely drink from it while listening around me.

 

The water slowly dissolved into energy as it integrated with me.

 

I turned to look at Lilia while tilting my head. She currently held her cheeks with one hand as she rested her elbow on the table. Her hair scattering down to the side like a waterfall, as she looked lost in thought.

 

“Your food is ready~” The sound of a waitress brought me out of my daze as she placed our respective plates of food in front of us.

 

The scent of it caused me to be filled with desire. 

 

“Thanks.” I thanked the waitress before digging into the food. While eating, I sneaked a glance at Lilia to find that she was busy enjoying her food as well.

 

“Do you enjoy eating?” Seeing her look so happy, I asked.

 

“Hehe, of course, since I can’t sleep, I might as well enjoy food. Unfortunately I’m not able to cook.” Near the end of the sentence, she became a little sad. 

 

Seeing her downcast look, I was about to pat her head when I realized a large problem. I was too short!

 

“Here.” I pushed my plate of food to her. Although it tasted good, it wasn’t like I was addicted to eating. Eating half of it was enough for me!

 

She smiled at me before shaking her head. “It’s okay.” Denying my food, she went back to eating hers. “It’s limited afterall, Mitra should enjoy it as well.

 

“Oh,” since she denied, I didn’t persist and went back to finishing off the meal. Everything dissolved into a type of energy that integrated within me.

 

Seeing that she was done as well, we began to take our plates over to the side. “Let’s go for a walk.” Lilia said before pulling me out of the inn.

 

I took a deep breath of the fresh evening air as the cool breeze blew against me before letting a sigh, as I glanced at the night sky.

 

It was a sight I felt I would never get tired of.

 

“Mitra,” feeling Lilia pull my hand, I retrieved my gaze and quickened my pace to keep up with her. 

 

___

 

The next day, it was raining. I sat by the window as I looked at countless droplets of water fall from the sky as they scattered onto the floor.

 

There were some goblins, orcs, and beastkin running about despite the bad weather. Their feet splashing on the puddles as they rushed to whatever their destination was.

 

Come to think of it. It was the first time I’ve seen rain since I woke up.

 

I rested my eyes. Ahh! There wasn’t anything to do! 

 

Returning to the bed, I rolled about, luckily it was quite large for my current size, so I had enough space.

 

“What are you doing?” Lilia came over and stood on the edge of the bed.

 

“I’m bored!” Laying on my bed, I looked at the ceiling, it was currently spinning about, causing me to feel dizzy. Or perhaps I was already dizzy. I closed my eyes, however the world still continued to spin.

 

Lilia sighed. “I’m sorry Mitra. I don’t have anything other than magic books….” 

 

“What did Lilia do when you were younger?” I asked, feeling curious.

 

She sat on the bed. “Lets see, aside from reading magic books… was more magic books.” 

 

Pouting, I took the pillow and threw it at her. Hmph.

 

Although, I was soon bashed in the face with the pillow.

 

“...” Feeling my mana take a hit again, I removed the pillow as we started to fight each other with it, even if I was destined to lose.

 

“Let’s stop.” She said suddenly, placing the pillow over to the side. “Anymore won’t be good for you.”

 

“En.” I nodded, I felt like I had wasted a bunch of mana just now. Extending my territory outwards, I covered the entire room this time as I began to absorb mana from the surroundings.

 

“Why not try out the new clothes?” Lilia said on the side before taking a stack of clothing and throwing them on the bed. I retrieved my territory and got up to look through the pile. 

 

In the end, I chose a black knee length dress. It was sleeveless and unadorned. Glancing at Lilia, I took the dress and went to the bathroom.

 

Taking off my robe, I threw it to the side and slipped on the dress. Going over to the mirror, I did a few twirls before going out into the large room. 

 

“How is it?” I asked her.

 

“Pretty good.” She narrowed her eyes and nodded at me. Afterwards, she went to the bathroom as well. “I’m going to change as well.”

 

I stuck my tongue at her back. “Couldn’t you have gone to the bathroom to change earlier?”

 

“Hehe…” She giggled at me before closing the door.

8