Chapter 16 –
123 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I first opened my eyes, what appeared in front of me was the leafless branches of a tree as well as the gray sky behind it.

 

“...” I sat up before brushing my hair to the back. Looking around, I found that there was nothing else aside from soil. As well as the rocky walls from afar. They looked like they went straight past the sky.

 

Without anything to do, I silently huddled next to the tree

 

I don’t know how long, however I began to feel restless. Getting, I began to circle it for a bit before walking off to the distance.

 

It wasn’t like I had a reason in particular. I walked until the world turned dark. Feeling tired, I rested on the ground.

 

Since I’m here, I might as well explore the entire place~

 

Making a goal for myself, I laid on my back as I stared at the gray sky. When my strength recovered, I got up and began to walk again. Of course in a straight line. My goal was the walls. 

 

Luckily, it wasn’t exactly far away from the tree, and I was able to reach it as I looked upwards, they were so tall. 

 

“Yay~” I raised my hands and jumped into the air. I had reached my first goal for myself. “Although for now, I’ll go rest…” I rested next to the large wall. It was different from sleeping on the ground in the open. Although, I was technically still in the open….

 

When I woke up again, I continued to explore the place. Day after day.

 

“Uuu… There’s nothing here.” No matter where I went, there wasn’t anything. The world was desolate and barren.

 

Eventually, I finished exploring the place. Feeling a little frustrated, I started to explore the place again. However no matter how many times I did it, aside from the tree, there wasn’t anything.

 

Sighing, I made my way back to the dead tree before huddling up next to it as I accepted the fact. There wasn’t anything here.

 

I placed a hand on my chest, as an empty feeling began to spread.

 

I felt confused and restless again, as I started to circle the place again. Over and over, I had lost track of how many times I did it…. 

 

Without anything to do, I sat next to the tree and stared at the sky. At least in this world, it was the only thing that changed. 

 

Although the only thing that changed, was it getting darker and lighter.

 

“I’m bored…” The restless feeling was no longer there, however it was as if there was a huge hole in my heart.

 

Thud. Suddenly hearing footsteps, I turned around.

 

As if appearing out of nowhere, a beautiful young girl wearing a white dress. She had long black hair with streaks of green similar to her eyes. However, something felt off about her. As if she wasn’t a part of this world.

 

She silently came over and sat next to me and watched the gray sky.

 

“...” I wanted to say something. However I stopped, she gave off a feeling as if she didn’t want to talk. So I remained silent.

 

Like this, the two of us silently watched the sky as days went by. 

 

After countless days.

 

“It’s time.” As if she was talking to no one in particular, the girl who’s name I didn’t know suddenly stood up. “Hehe...Sorry Mitra, although I shouldn’t be here, in the end I couldn’t help it.” She did a twirl in front of me before placing her hands behind her back as she smiled softly at me.

 

The girl then scattered into motes of green and black lights, as if she never existed in the first place. I instinctively reached a hand forward as tears streamed down my eyes.

 

However, I wasn’t able to catch anything in the end as my consciousness began to fade.

____

Empty….

 

When I woke up, a hollow feeling filled my chest. I buried myself in my knees and began to sob. It was a feeling I hadn’t felt ever since I had first awoken. It was as if there was a hole.

 

“Mitra?” I suddenly heard Leona’s voice come from outside.

 

“...” I felt myself heat up slightly, I had forgotten there was someone else here. Grabbing the cloak by the side, I draped it over myself and turned on the formations as I began to cry.

 

Luckily or unluckily, she couldn’t enter into the room because she was too large, however I also had fur to touch nor anyone to comfort myself.

 

“Hic,” after I finally calmed down, I patted my chest. It was tight around here. Getting off the bed, I found that I had grown again. My dress had turned from knee length to only covering half my thighs.

 

I wiped the tears off my eyes. My underwear was still intact. However they had become so stretched out that they were transparent, causing me to blush. Was this still covering anything?!

 

Fortunately the cloak was still large enough to cover me, as it reached my calf.

 

“Mitra?” 

 

“Coming!” Hearing Leona call me again, I left my room. Upon hearing my footsteps she turned around to look at me.

 

“...” Seeing her pause for a bit, I looked at myself before looking at her.

 

“??”

 

She shook her head.

 

“How long have I been asleep for?” I began to look around the cave, however Lilia was still missing.

 

“2 weeks.”

 

“Oh,” I sighed. It was a lot shorter than I thought. “I...need a change of clothing…” 

 

She nodded at me. “Let’s go.”

 

Getting her approval, I climbed on her back as we made our way out of the cave as we made our way towards the Goblin Village.

 

“Guardian Beast!” A few goblins ran out and bowed at Leona. 

 

“Clothing.” They glanced up at me when their eyes suddenly widened.

 

“...” I glanced to see that I wasn’t exposing anything. 

 

“Grr,” Leona’s growl brought them out of their daze as they nodded and made their way inside. Not long later, they brought out clothing of all sizes for me in a cart before pulling it towards the cave.

 

“....” Seeing this, I felt a little guilty again. However for the sake of myself, I could only bare it.

 

“Guardian Beast.” After unloading anything, this time the goblins didn’t leave. And instead looked towards Leona.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Recently the wolves have been getting a lot more restless.” One of them reported. “Although they haven’t entered the village, each time we go a little further, we would be attacked….”

 

Leona nodded. “Be careful, their king might be planning something.”

 

The goblins nodded before glancing at me again. Their looks filled with desire, however in the end they didn’t do anything and left.

6