Chapter 27
88 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“We’ll take this one.” It was one with good mana conducting. As long as there was enough mana, it was able to cut through anything it seems. 

 

“Is it okay?” It was 3 gold coins! 

 

“Mhm,” She took the sword to the blacksmith. 

 

“Do you need a custom ordered one?” He glanced at the sword while glancing at us. “Your sizes are a little too small?”

 

“It’s fine.” Lilia shook her head before paying the fee upfront.

 

I happily took the sword. It had a hilt covered in leather, that matched the scabbard. While the blade was around 6 centimeters thick. As for its length, it was around .7 of a meter….

 

“Handle it with care and avoid swinging it around without any mana. Don’t blame me if  you get bashed by a salamander and it snaps in half.” The orc warned us. It seems the drawback was that it wasn’t as solid as other swords or weapons, unless it was strengthened with mana. 

 

Probably it was like wet noodles and dried noodles?

 

I nodded while the blacksmith looked at me with an odd look. “As expected of a vampire, despite having such a small size, you can still easily pick it up.” He sighed while shaking his head.

 

“Hehe…” I stuck my tongue at him before Lilia took my hand and led me out smithy. “What are we going to do now?”

 

“We’ll explore a bit.” 

 

“En.” I was about to pass the sword to her, however she shook her head. 

 

“It’s best if Mitra holds onto it.” She said seriously to me. 

 

I could only give up and hug it with one hand while holding Lilia with the other. If only I had storage equipment like hers, how nice would it be. 

 

While sighing wistfully, she led me to a restaurant before ordering food for herself. I lazily watched her eat while resting an elbow on the table.

 

Aside from us, there were also other orcs, goblins, and beastkin that were eating about while gossiping. The main topic was about the seed of life. Apparently it was successfully stolen a while back, although aside from it being a vampire, no one knew how they looked like, neither gender, age.

 

In fact, they only assumed it was a vampire, since the person was manipulating blood.

 

I snuck a glance at Lilia. She smiled at me and continued to finish off her food, as if not interested in anything. I also noticed a few gazes look our way, probably because we were ‘vampires’ as well.

 

She blushed. “Mitra…”

 

“Isn’t it okay?” We were considered couples afterall. 

 

She nodded. “It’s embarrassing if you keep staring though….”

 

I laughed lightly when she looked at me. Feeling embarrassed I lowered my head and twiddled my fingers together. 

 

She chuckled at me. “What’s wrong Mitra~”

 

Luckily she didn’t continue to tease me as she returned to eating her meal. Sighing I turned and stared out of the window, occasionally drinking water from the cup in front of me.

 

Last night, I hadn’t been able to see her. Perhaps I should call her Lilia as well? 

 

Uuu...I hope she’s not angry at me….

 

I became slightly depressed. 

 

“Let’s go.” Lilia’s voice broke me out of my daze. 

 

“En.” Getting up, I followed her out of the restaurant after she paid the waitress. “What are we going to do next?”

 

“Hmm, aside from blacksmiths and miners, there isn't much in this town. Want to buy more clothing?” Lilia turned to look at me.

 

I shook my head. There was still a bunch from the goblin village. “No need. Let’s head back.” Taking her hand, I led her out of the restaurant and into the dusty road. Even if there wasn’t much to do, it was fine. That empty feeling in my heart had already disappeared. 

 

“Hello.” A large goblin came in front of us. However different from the rest he was less green and more gray. However, he still had a lecherous gaze, causing me to feel uncomfortable and take a step back.

 

“Do you need something?”

 

The goblin laughed while reaching his large hands outward. “Haha, for two beauties to enter into my town is a blessing and it would be rude of me not to reciprocate.”

 

His words seemed to have caught the attention of the monster around us. “It’s Lakov... how envious, always using his position for personal gains.”

 

“It’s fine.” Lilia waved her hand while her lips rose upwards in a smile. “There’s no need to.” She didn’t shake his hand, and instead grabbed mine as she began to detour him. 

 

“Hehehe, I’ve heard that my uncle went missing two months ago….Apparently around that time, two vampires had made their appearance before disappearing.” The large goblins' words caused Lilia to stop.

 

She turned around and smiled politely at him. “That’s too bad…” Afterwards without waiting for his reply, she pulled me ahead and back to our inn.

 

“Do you need me to.” While sitting on the bed, I pulled my hands apart as if I was shooting a bow. Although I was still unreconciled about being an archer that can never hit its target, in the end, if it was for her, I was willing to.

 

She shook her head. “If we did kill him. We’d have to kill everyone else in this town, otherwise we’d become more suspicious than we already are.”

 

“...” I stuck my tongue at her. “Lilia, hug?”

 

I spread my arms apart again. She chuckled at me. “Not now.”

 

I pouted. Aside from holding hands, she hadn’t even hugged me anymore. She patted my head again before taking my sword as well as a portion of my mana before heading off to the table. “We’ll leave tomorrow. Our goal is to enter into the mountain tomorrow. Hopefully, we’ll be able to reach the next city.” She let out a yawn before beginning to engrave on the sword.

 

 

 

Hello, although there aren’t many, but thanks for reading and favorites. If you find something odd with this chapter, then most like you’ve seen a very limited version of chapter 24. I had posted it up with some mistakes, and changed it a bit afterwards. Apologies. I didn’t know how to notify the few about it.

 

4