Chapter 38
59 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This is not a ntr chapter.

 

Daughter?!

 

But we were both girls… don’t tell me we borrowed someone…. That thought made me feel completely unwell. Impossible, much less using a male, I wouldn’t even let one touch Ria, nor would I do something like that. There was also the quote about her hair being green.

 

‘Ria, my romance isn’t green right?’

 

At my question she pouted. 

 

‘Sorry!’ seeing her expression, I grabbed her hand. ‘I want an explanation!’

 

‘Mhm,’ she took my fingers and interlocked them. ‘I’ll explain it later.’

 

I nodded before turning back to the large man in front of us.

 

‘Should we send him away? If he listens to everything we say, then he should return. But… it can also work another way, it might be safer to keep him close, that way he wouldn’t be able to do anything bad.’

 

Ria pouted before waving her hand. “Return from where you came from.”

 

“...” The man showed a hesitant look while looking at my way. 

 

“En, listen to her. Go back.”

 

“As you wish…” He despondently got up and made his way through the forest. 

 

“Is it okay?” 

 

“Hmph, according to those novels in big sister’s collection, doesn’t the female lead always fall for the male lead under that thought pattern, ‘keep him close so that he can’t do anything bad.’ Naive Mitra! I, Ria, will never go green!”

 

“Hehe,” seeing her like this I giggled as we returned to the road. “What if he doesn’t listen?”

 

“Then, I’ll kill him.” She said lightly. As if it was a fact, and not a possibility. 

 

“En.” 

 

She twirled with the fringes of her hair as we walked down the paved road. From here to there, there would be orcs wearing armor as they patrolled the place, as well as other travelers heading towards and away from the city.

 

‘Although she’s our daughter, it isn’t like we gave birth to her. She’s more like a combination of our power.’

 

‘Oh.’ I let out a sigh of relief. However, there wasn’t something odd with what Ria said. Big Sister?

 

‘We have a Big Sister?’

 

‘Mhm,’ Ria nodded, however she didn’t seem to want to continue to talk about it, so I didn’t ask as we walked down the wide road.

 

From time to time, there would be orc patrols on the side of the road.

 

Clak clak.

 

The sound of horse hooves sounded from behind us. Ria pulled me off the side as a carriage made its way passed us. 

 

“Would you like a ride?” the carriage stopped and the driver asked us. It was the beastkin duo as well as the orc and goblin merchant.

 

“It’s fine.” Ria waved her hand at them. “We’ll take our time.”

 

The goblin merchant nodded at us and continued on their way.

 

____

 

A few hours later.

 

Luckily, the city wasn’t located too far away from the previous town, due to it being on the edge of the crater. Well, it looked like a piece of the crater had been destroyed and flattened, and the city was situated between it.

 

Behind it was most likely the Shura Capital, although still 2 territories away, controlled by lesser nobles like barons and earls.

 

When we reached the gate, the guard stopped us.  Ria took out her identity card. As for mine, it was probably no longer usable.

 

Afterall, the race on it said vampire, but I was clearly a beastkin! 

 

The age was also wrong.

 

Luckily, it didn’t seem like I was required to carry one.

 

“Please, Emissary.” The guard bowed to Ria and allowed us to pass.

 

“Nn,” she nodded and held my hand as we made our way inside, “do you know where the inn and ‘Traveler’s Agency’ is?”

 

The guard nodded before giving us directions.

 

After thanking them, Ria went to a secluded corner before taking out a parcel, afterwards, she led us towards a multi floored building. People were walking in and out, while carriages were parked on the side. And on top of it was the words ‘Traveler’s Agency’.

 

“It works similar to the adventurer’s guild on the human side.” 

 

“En.”

 

We entered into it, and the design inside it was indeed similar. Only there were human bounties, and other miscellaneous requests.

 

Although there were a few magic beast subjugations, a lot were herbs, delivery, and crafting. For example, despite being a bunch of wyverns, there were no hunt requests for them. There also weren’t any for those Beheworms. However there was stuff like delivering xxx meats over to the underground city, or delivering materials to rook town, or the earldom.

 

She led me towards the counter, “I’d like to post a request.”

 

The receptionist nodded. “What type?” 

 

“Delivery. The reward will be 1 gold coin. I’d like to deliver this to the person in charge of the Magic Temple in Heim’s Fort.” She placed the parcel as well as a gold coin on the table.

 

“Please fill out these forms, as well as provide the reward.”

 

Ria filled the form out, there were ranks and tiers that were required before passing it over to the receptionist who filed everything. 

 

Seeing everything was done, she led me out of the place and into the streets. We began to walk along it as we navigated our way towards the inn while I looked around.

 

“Hehe, we’ll go sightseeing tomorrow.” 

 

“En.” 

 

When we arrived at the familiar statue, we were about to enter when a large orc twice the size of normal ones came out of it. On the left side of his face was a scar that ran through his eyes. He glanced at us and nodded. “Enjoy your stay in this humble city of mine.”

 

The two of us nodded.

 

“Hahaha.” Seemingly in a good mood, the orc waved his hand and went on his way.

 

“Sir!” an orc came running over in a hurry.

 

“What is it Scraju.” 

 

“L-letter from the capital!” 

 

“Mm,” He gave a stern nod. “We’ll talk about it when we return to the manor.” Afterwards, he took the scroll from the orc’s hand and left towards a deeper part of the city.

4