Chapter 39
55 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, when it was no longer dark, Ria led me through the place before reaching a place filled with wooden fences.

 

A woman with a wrinkly face came out from a field of grass and herbs. “Where had you been, we all thought you were lost.” She showed Ria a worried look.

 

“Hehe, grandma, I went to explore the valley~” She showed a smug look before getting knocked on the head. 

 

“Didn’t we say so many times not to go there? Don’t you know that no one has ever returned?!” She showed a look of anger, causing me to step back, when she noticed my existence. “Oh my, who’s this?”

 

“I found her inside, so I brought her out.” Ria rubbed her head. “Besides, if even a little valley scares me, how will I explore the world in the future!”

 

She sighed before glancing around. “Wait until a few decades before you do…. Come. Tell me when we’re home.” She led us through the place before bringing us into her ‘home’. “Do you remember your parents?”

 

After closing the door, she asked me.

 

I shook my head, I didn’t even know what a parent was. 

 

Seeing my response, she showed a sad look. “Then you can stay here, although I’m old, I probably still have 50 years left to live.”

 

I nodded. 

 

“Although this house is a little small, so you’ll have to stay with Ria.”

 

“En.”

 

She led us over to a table where she sat the both of us. Afterwards she went off somewhere. “I’ll make you something to eat.”

 

“Yay~” Ria raised her hand up into the air. “Although it isn’t like I need to eat…” 

 

Ria muttered, however the old lady retorted. “You’re still growing, of course you need to eat more!”

 

I moved closer to Ria since being with her allowed me to feel safer in the strange place. However part of me did enjoy it, it was full of stuff that wasn’t inside the valley. 

After a while, the old lady returned with plates of food as well as forks before passing it over to me and Ria.

 

I watched as she ate and then followed after her. 

 

Curiously, I cut a piece of the meat and placed it into my mouth. 

 

“!”

 

I widened my eyes, as a burst of flavor traveled through me as I began to eat.

 

The old lady laughed at my reaction. “Eat slowly. Also don’t talk with a mouthful of food.”

 

I nodded and held back what I was going to say and continued to eat.

 

“Thanks…”

 

“Hoho, just call me Grandma like Ria.”

 

“En, thanks Grandma.” I smiled at her. She took the plates away before taking Ria away. Seeing this, an unwilling feeling welled up in my heart. I didn’t want to be separated from her.

 

Seeing my reaction, Grandma laughed at me. “I had forgotten to ask, but do you have a name?”

 

“En, I’m Mitra.”

 

“Then Mitra, you can come along as well.” She then led us to a room before showing the two of us a serious look. “Make sure you don’t tell anyone you’ve been into that valley.”

 

“En.”

 

“Mhm.”

 

After getting a reply from the two of us, she warned us again before patting our heads and leaving. “Goodnight.”

 

“”Goodnight.””

 

___

“Nn…” It was soft and warm, especially the feeling pressed against my chest caused me to not want to wake up. Unfortunately, it was already the next day.

 

Opening my eyes, I looked at the pretty face across from me. She was like a flower that had just bloomed under the moon, forever stuck in that moment. Her black hair scattered behind her, while a few strands laid gently on my hand. 

 

Closing my eyes again, I enjoyed the feeling she brought me, her warmth, her scent, as well as the comfort she brought me.

 

Until she began to move. I released her when she suddenly pushed me, causing her to end up on top of me.

 

“Hehe~” 

 

“Ria…” You said we were going to tour the city! 

 

My words were blocked by her lips as she stuck her tongue inside of me to play with mine while holding my hand and interlocking our fingers.

 

After enjoying herself for a while she released me. “It’s fine if we don’t go all the way.”

 

“En….”

 

She released my hand before getting off the bed, she then took out a pair of underwear before placing it on.

 

Sitting up, I began to dress back up as well. 

 

After placing everything on again, we exited the room to eat breakfast before finally exiting out into the streets.

 

“Let’s see…” Ria looked around before choosing a random direction to go towards. There were shops and stores lined up all over the place. Including blacksmiths, clothing stores, restaurants. There were even apothecary stores, bookstores, and other miscellaneous types. The place was filled with them.

 

Seeing the blacksmith shop, I was reminded of the sword. It was in Ria’s storage the entire time. “Ria, shouldn’t I be carrying a sword?”

 

“Mm, if Mitra wants to…” she showed a slightly sad look.

 

“??”

In the end, she reluctantly took the sword out, Although it was a little too big for my size, I couldn’t even wrap my entire hand around the scabbard, and had to use two hands to hold it. 

 

Perhaps Ria doesn’t want to because we couldn’t hold hands anymore? 

 

At that thought I giggled. “Maybe we should attach a strap to it? That way I could hang it behind my back.”

 

She showed me a serious look. “Absolutely not.”

3