Chapter 40
56 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Where does Mitra want to go first?” Ria asked me. 

 

I glanced around. There was a store for miscellaneous stuff, like toys and stuff. Although seeing the parents holding the hands of their children as they went inside, I became a little hesitant. 

 

Seeing my reaction she chuckled and began to make her way towards there, disregarding my silent protest.

 

Without a choice, I could only follow behind her. Perhaps there were some games we could get?

 

Quickening my pace, I caught up to her, although before I made it, we were stopped by an orc guard.

 

He glanced at the weapon in my hand. “Do you have a license?”

 

“??”

 

Ria passed him her identification whereupon he bowed. “My apologies Emissary.” He then cautioned us that weapons weren’t allowed, especially by minors to be carried within the city.

 

“...” Seeing my expression, the guard laughed. “Of course, that is only true if your real age is under 15. Unfortunately without an official license or proof, we have no way to tell. Since you have an emissary of the magic temple as your backer, then you’ll be fine. Although it would be nice if you have some sort of identification next time.”

 

“En.” I nodded before passing the sword back to Ria. Although I was a little sad, in exchange, I was able to hold her hand again, which made me feel a lot better.

 

After bidding farewell to the guard, she went towards a secluded place and stored away the weapon before leading me back to the store.

 

“Let’s buy a bunch.” Browsing through them, she carried a stack to the counter without bothering to read the rules. “We can enjoy them in our free time.” 

 

There was also stuff like balls and imitation weapons, which Ria bought. As for the imitation weapons, she didn’t bother with them.

 

“Ehh, they have this here too?” Ria reached for a stack of cards. 

 

“??”

 

She chuckled at me before taking it and buying it as well. 

 

“Let’s bring these back.” She took a few boxes and carried them along with me as we made our way towards an alley. Although this time, she didn’t bring me to an alley to store them away. 

 

The guards increased.

 

While walking back to the inn, I noticed there were a lot more than when we left. The amounts were increasing as well, as they seemed to be paying attention to security.

 

When we returned to our room, Ria stored everything away into her storage equipment. It was a ring that she usually wore on her neck.

 

I placed a hand on my chin. Does Ria have suitors? 

 

“Does Ria have suitors?”

 

I couldn’t help but ask in the end. 

 

At my question she rolled her eyes at me before taking my hand. “We’re already married, and you ask if I have suitors?”

 

“But, I don’t remember it…” 

 

She chuckled. “Hehe, Mitra, of course I have suitors, at least from when I was inside the magic academy.”

 

Hearing her say that I became guarded. 

 

“Of course, nothing happened though.” 

 

I sighed. “Tell me about your time there?” I was a little curious. 

 

She pinched my cheeks, “do you still want to go out?”

 

I nodded. “We can do both?” I also wanted to hear about the Sanctuary.

 

She nodded as we left the inn and out into the streets again. This time, she led us around. 

 

“When I became 6, my soul had become strong enough for me to be completely revived. However, I was a little too strong for myself, so I became scared. It was perhaps like a mortal standing in front of the dragon king. Hehe, I was afraid that I would completely fade away, so I stopped myself from sleeping.”

 

She showed a helpless look before continuing. “Luckily, or unluckily, I was half a vampire, and perhaps half spirit as well, meaning I didn’t really need to sleep. To pass time, I buried myself into studying magic. Studying and studying, I didn’t even look at anyone else. As for romance, haha, I had no interest in it. So, although there were a bit, I completely turned them all away. Even going as far as to use my father to threaten them.”

 

I sighed in relief, at least all my competitors were no existent. 

 

“Then what about the sanctuary?”

 

“Does Mitra want to go there someday?” Instead of answering, she asked me another question with a slight smile on her face.

 

At her question, I nodded. “Wouldn’t I need to see your parents eventually?”

 

She blushed. “Of all the things you forget, you remember this one?” 

 

“But I don’t remember anything?” I had just felt that as we were married, shouldn’t I see her parents. 

 

She sighed while gripping my hands. “I’m not sure if I want to see them.”

 

“??”

 

She glanced at the sky. “It’s awkward.”

 

“....”

 

“I’m older than my father, and as for mother, she’s probably from the same generation as me.” 

 

I didn’t know what to say, so I decided to change the topic and pointed towards a random store. “Let’s go there.”

 

“Nn,” she nodded and we made our way there. 

 

“Why’s there so many guards?” Along the way, a large goblin said nervously to his friend. “Of all days!”

 

“You there!” Finding him suspicious, an orc guard came over.

 

“Hii!” Startled he jumped and straightened his back. “W-what is it!”

 

The guard glanced at his bag, “I’ll need to search.”

 

The goblin retreated while looking around. However seeing that it was helpless, he could only give in. “Brother, if you want to search me, can we do this somewhere not in public?” His cheeks became dyed red. 

 

The Orc seeing this showed him an odd understanding look. “We can, but you’ll have to follow us to the barracks. Haha, normally we would just let you off, but because a few guests are coming, our security needs to be extra tight. You lot need to come as well.”

 

That one star rating hurts. Is my novel that bad?

 

4