A Little Bitty Heart Attack
23 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"All righty, all thuroughly prepared, extra batteries just in case." 

the outside lamps weren't working and Amy wasn't sure why

"my last water bottle and after thourough looking, my phone. Seems to be dead though..."

With her computer bag full of things that weren't computers Amy opened her door again and just ignored all the abnormalities aroud her, as if they didn't exist. Grass peeking through the floor, moss on the walls and the occasional hole in the wall, even if her flashlight beam landed straight on it.

Now at the entrance to her dorm started to walk to the cafeteria which wasn't to far away thankfully.

"Hmm Hmm Hmm"

Humming along the way and troting as if the apocolypse hadn't shown sign of happening, something unpleasant appeared.

Moving her flashlight ahead of her, Amy saw human remains.

Amy stopped

Amy screamed

          

After dry heaving, because her stomach was empty, Amy decided to face the truth

"There is no denying it anymore, the apocolypse has begun!"

Amy just tried to put it past her, she ran past the body 5 minutes ago and was already in the cafeteria. The door was broke open when she got there, so there was no need to worry about locks. Which she had been worrying about, just not as much as she had been processing everything.

"This status, that... corpse, and the dilapidated buildings are all proof, but I'm scared... Who could've killed that guy, what could've killed that guy."

Amy didn't want to think about it and instead opened her status, this time with her mind.

Name: Amy Summers
Race: Human
Age: 21
Class: None

Hp: 100/100
Sp: 30/50
Mp: 2/10

Active skills: Adrenaline Rush Lv1

Passive skills: Theorizing: Lv2

Class skills: None

Stats:
Constitution: 20
Stamina: 10
Strength: 12
Dexterity: 13
Perception: 11
Intelligence: 15
Willpower: 13
Mana: 2
Mana regeneration: 1

 

Amy looked hard at her 'Adrenaline rush' skill, it was only level one, in the active skills section and she had no idea where it came from.

Adrenaline helps people in dire situations, why would it be active? It's not as if people can just get an adrenaline rush whenever they want, it's a danger and stress thing. Could it be like some kind of inborn skill? Like a race skill?

Theorizing has reached level 3!

I wonder if I can pull up an info screen of my skills?

After focusing on the skills on the status screen a window popped up

Adrenaline rush lvl 1

A skill shared between many races that lets the user activate an adrenaline rush.

Having the skill adrenaline rush will not get rid of natural adrenaline rushes.

Skill consumes stamina at a pace of 5 Sp per second and the user will experiance side affects after the skill ends.
The user will experiance a boost of physical capabilities by 1% for as long as the skill lasts (Percentage and cost may change per level)

Sidenote: Natural adrenaline rushes may or may not be similar to this skill, as the skill can turn on and off as the user wants, unlike a normal adrenaline rush.

Well that was an info dump.

Amy then looked at the information for her Theorizing skill.

Theorizing lvl 3

Theorizing helps users come to a conclusion about someting that has, or will happen faster and easier.

Not as much of an info dump as last time but I guess that makes sense, it does seem to be pretty straightforward.

"*sigh* It's hard to get used to this. I should what I came here to do."

Amy got up from the table and went to the kitchen.

"It feels weird going in here, it feel wrong."

Ahh those PB and J's with too much dry peanut butter would be nice right now. 

Amy opened a fridge door only to be hit with a horrible stench.

"It's all spoiled! Way past spoiled actually!"

Jesus Christ! The mold had mold! This is terrible!

With a smell lingering in the air Amy went to the pantry, something must be fine right?

All that Amy found that seemed to be okay to eat was canned food. One problem though, a majority of it was beans, just beans, and Amy didn't like just beans.

"I really shouldn't be picky, if this really is the apocolypse then I should bring some too, they are nutritious after all."

After opening her computer bag she realized she wouldnt fit much in there, it was a computer bag after all, not a satchel. Thankfully there was a tote that looked to be left behind, and really old. 

Amy decided to just go back to her dorm room to eat, at least it was relatively intact. And after heading back to the cafeteria entrance she saw one more thing that almost made her scream, a monster by every definition.

2