A Little Bitty Heart Attack (2)
23 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Amy was horrorfied, the thing looked like it was a human, a fricking human but it wasn't. While it had a frame similar to a human it had many differences, it had black skin, was tall maybe around 7", had sharp looking claws on it's hands and feet, large sharp teeth, and big round eyes on the front of it's head, the symbol of a predator, and Amy felt like prey compared to that beast.

Amy backed away as slowly as she could, it didn't seem to care about her being there, for.a reason. 

"HELP ME! HELP ME PLEASE"

Amy heard a female voice, desperate for help practically wailing. Amy looked to her left and saw a woman with multiple tiny wounds and one big gash on her stomach on the floor skittering away from the monster, Amy wasn't a doctor but she knew from a glance that the woman wouldn't survive. Amy so badly wanted to intervene, to help her and bring her to a warm, nice happy place. But she couldn't help, she was no hero, just looking at that thing scared her, as if she knew her death was incoming, it was horrible, scary, disgusting, any bad word you could throw at it, it probably was. Amy was crying, unable to escape the fear, unable to move, the fear clawing, scratching her head from the inside out, she was shaking, holding back a scream, the screaming woman was on the floor bleeding, the monster cackling with it's gaze. The monster jumped on top of the woman and bit deep into her neck with it's mouth and then proceeded to devour the woman in front of Amy. Amy peed herself, and that snapped her out of it.

Please work please work please work please work.

Amy activated adrenaline rush and ran away before the monster could even begin to care that she was there, and interrupting it's meal with her cries. Amy ran twoards the dorm room, twoards safety. That was the fastest Amy had ever run.

          


Amy slamed the door shut and sat down on the floor, the tears finally stopped, but she needed to think.

What the hell was that thing? Why was I so scared? Why didn't it kill me? How am I alive?

After a few minutes to catch her breath and calm down Amy came to a conclusion. That fear wasn't all hers.

Amy looked at the multiple popups in her vision

You have gained the skill, Fear resistance!
Fear resistance has leveled up!
Fear resistance has leveled up!
Fear resistance has leveled up!
Fear resistance has leveled up!
Adrenaline rush has leveled up!

After reading the popups Amy went straight back to Theorizing.

I know I lived the modern human life but I shouldn't have been that scared, I should've at least been able to run earlier. That monster must have fear or emotional related abilities. First, it knew I was to paralyzed with fear to attack and as a result knew I wasn't a threat and didn't care about me. Second, that fear was horrible, I was too scared for a situation like that, yes a situation like that would be, well is, traumatizing, but that was a whole new level. And third, the atmosphere around that moster felt... strange to say the least.

Theorizing has leveled up!
Theorizing has leveled up!

Dismissing the pop ups Amy thought to herself

I need to get out of here, maybe I could find an intact abandoned house? I'll leave it for tommorow... Or a few days after that, I really don't want to go outside.

Amy quickly changed out of her sweaty, pee stained clothes and laid in her bed, appetite lost, she'd be so hungry tomorrow.

Before you guys question me, yes this is still an isekai and here is why (in a spoiler tag because it is)

Spoiler

This isn't Earth anymore Toto! This is the place between dimensions and alternate realities, The Inbetween! The Inbetween is many things at once such as a universe that is multiple universes at once and in that universe there is a galaxy, with a solar system, with an 'Earth' that is a fusion of 8 different 'Earths' (there are multiple inbetweens)

[collapse]

2