02 How to be Cool!
160 7 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Year 385 Age of the Empire - Lurianne

The world around me was spinning, an overwhelming headache hit me.

Trying to gain my balance I noticed that the headache was dissipating as quickly as it had begun to be replaced by a slight pain.

While still a little dizzy I forced myself to look around me, something must have gone wrong, the game wasn't supposed to be like this.

'Something must be wrong' I thought. 'A bug... or something... what the hell is going on?'
That's when I noticed that I was naked in the snow, my body seeming to have noticed the environment only now immediately shivered with cold.

All my confusion, dizziness and anger with the game developers immediately turned into lesser problems compared to the realization that the icy cold and snow could kill me in a matter of minutes if I stay where I am.

"Where the hell are my clothes!" I screamed in frustration in the middle of the snowy tundra.

It didn't take long for me to start shivering, heat fading from my body.

'I need to find shelter, and fast or I won't survive...'.
I thought to myself.
'I don't know what the fuck... No! Focus Ash, the rest comes later.'

Something flashed in front of me!

New Quest: Find shelter!
You find yourself in the middle of nowhere cold, without food and clothes, there is only one way to survive, find shelter.
Objective: Find or create a shelter.
Reward: Clothes of the wizard's apprentice.

 

Seeing the floating text on my face pissed me off, that's the game... like... why... But feeling the snow begin to eat the skin of my feet brought me back to focus, and that only left me more mad...
I took a deep breath, and started walking in the snow that reached up to my knees, the piercing cold strangely keeping me focused on my ongoing task...


So reader, now you must be thinking, that girl is insane, what happened? How she got there? Is this the game? She will just keep walking as if everything was normal? I know why you're asking, I was asking myself the same thing, and yes I kept walking, what else you expected me to do? Sitting with my naked ass in the snow waiting for a miracle?

No, I had no choice but to walk, walk and hope for the best and that's when it happened...


The snow was deep, and the cold didn't let me focus on anything but walking and trying to maintain the little heat left in my body.
I couldn't feel my toes anymore, and my strength was running out...
It was when I saw a light not far from where I was, I was tired and freezing, and where there's light we have people, my body moved by instinct using the last of its energies to get to the light.

When I got close I saw that it was a small opening in the rocks that led to a cave, and the light? A campfire.

The cave was small, and inside it there was only the lit campfire and some dirty, ragged pieces of animal skin on the floor, so I immediately sat down near the fire to attempt to warm myself.

I no longer felt my legs, my toes were almost purple and bruised, I was still shivering and the cold remained, but only the very presence of the fire settled me down and I could finally breathe.

Taking a long breath I saw a little light blinking in the corner of my eye, when I focused on the light ...

Find shelter: Complete
Reward: Clothes of the wizard's apprentice.
Accept Reject

"Accept?" I said by reflex.

Soon after, a blue gown with yellow stars and a pointy hat appeared in front of me.
Without thinking too much and shivering of cold I put on the clothes, everything I could do to help me warm up, as if my body was in the automatic.

Only then I noticed what I was wearing .

"You've got to be kidding..."

10