03 The Incredible Monkey!
127 6 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Accepting my fate of having to wear clothes like an old mouse cartoon, and with the campfire and clothes finally bringing the heat back to me, I realized...

"Who made this fire?" The cave was silent, you could only hear the sound of the campfire flames and the wind hitting the rocks outside.

I looked more closely at the cave, aside from the campfire and the hides on the ground that certainly belonged to some animal of the tundra, in the corner of the cave in the darkness there was... meat?

As I approached the rest of the body of what looked like a sort of snow feline, probably the owner of the skin on the ground?

The meat was clean and the body properly dried and stored, I approached and picked up a...

Crack! A sound alerted me and I turned to see... Nothing, the darkness at the back of the cave was very thick, slightly focusing my vision I could see a reddish glow... two in fact... Eyes!

Without allowing me to think something immediately jumped towards me...

"MINE!" shouted the creature.

Despite my surprise I managed to evade by mere luck, the creature that was now in the bright part of the cave in front of the fire looked at me.

It was green and furry, looked like a little monkey, showing its fangs ready to attack again.

"What the fuck is this?" I asked, it didn't take long and something popped up, one of my skills got activated.

Appraisal: Mountain Goblin, goblins are creatures that can be found everywhere, they are often seen as pests to be exterminated, goblins are small and weak, but they are intelligent and learn fast, and they adapt to the environment, goblins rarely walk alone.

"MINE!" The goblin jumped towards me.

"Woaaah!" I screamed as I barely got out of the way of the goblin.

The goblin didn't stop this time and kept trying to jump on me, he was small and fast, and this led me to trip making the goblin finally hit me by cutting part of my sleeve with his claws.

I barely got up when he climbed over my shoulders and started to pull my hair screaming ... "MINE! MINE!"

All of my anger that had cooled from the freezing cold and the snow suddenly erupted.
I grabbed him by the ears and threw him to the ground, raising my hand towards him I tried to use the spell I had chosen, whether it was a game or not its a fact that the skills work.

"Damn you... You green monkey, don't think I'm going to let this go!" I yelled. "Sparks!"

Lightning and thunder... didn't come out of my hand, the most that happened was a small arc of electricity running between my fingers.

"What!? How is that lightning and thunder? That's barelly a taser! I should have picked up Stone spike!" I yelled. "Ahh! Whatever, that's better than nothing."

I stepped forward to try and hold the goblin that jumped towards me.

The goblin seeing my hand glowing with electric arcs tried to dodge but he was in the air, he failed and was caught by my hand.

The goblin struggled and screamed, suffering spasms as he was being electrified, and it didn't take long for a slight smell of burnt flesh to reach my nose.

The power of the spell was over and the goblin no longer moved, I finally released him and a message appeared in my vision.

Mountain Goblin defeated!
You gained experience!

"Hahaha! Take this your glorified green monkey!" I said sitting next to his body, panting with exhaustion, having to dodge the goblin's jumps got me exhausted...

Crack! I overheard from the dark part of the cave, on high alert I quickly got up and turned around.

I went white with terror, what I saw were several red spots... hundreds...

"Shit!"

 

 

8