Chapter 2 – My Name?
49 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Mommy, mommy, wake up mommy..."

As I stare at the pile of rubble, I try to wake up my sleeping mother.

"It's already morning mommy. Please wake up."

Even as I try again and again, my mother just won't wake up. Silly, isn't she? Didn't she say that she wanted to go to grampa's house? I try to wake her up for a long time. So long that blood red water came out from the rubble where my mother is sleeping.

"See mommy? It's raining now! How are we gonna go to gramps?"

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

Six loud sounds that I can't identify resounds from behind me. No... I've heard them from movies before. Gunshots. Loud gunshots.

Is this normal? I never knew about... no. It's... not normal.

Definitely not.

This isn't right. What isn't right. If it isn't right, then why isn't mother here? Why isn't she standing next to me? Teaching me what this incorrect thing is?

I know... don't I.

...

...

No. Mother will wake up.

"Right? Am I right, mommy?"

It's just a matter of time. She WILL wake up.

"Mommy? Mommy? Wake up mo-"


I woke up. It's finally morni...ng

Where am I? What... is this place?

"Hey you, you're finally awake." Said a blond stranger.

"Wh- where am I? Who are you? Mommy said never to talk to strangers!" As I responded, I thought about the stranger's intentions. Oh no... is this a kidnapping? Is that stranger going to do evil things to me?!

"Fuck no! I'm no pedo! Take a look around, it's a special situation."

Following the strangers advice, I looked at what's around me.

Destroyed. The city is destroyed. Buildings were missing rooms or even entire floors. The roads have been destroyed by something impacting them. Rubble is all around the road. I also saw a strange light from outside the city. Wait, no it's gone. Hallucination? Well, no matter what that was, the city was destroyed. A metallic stench was also prevalent. For some reason it's really familiar. I somewhat understand what the stranger meant, but...

Wait... where's mother?

"Where's mommy?" I asked.

The blond stranger let out a strange expression for a fraction of a second, before returning to her previous expression. She responds to my question with uncertainty. "I... don't know. Maybe they're somewhere else? Outside the city?"

"We have to look for her!" I have to find mother!

"Okay, relax. We'll go outside the city and find them there." 

"What if they're inside the city?"

"Impossible. Only we're here in this city."

"How can you be so sure?"

"A guess."

...

The silence lasted for a second until the stranger stood up and said, "Well, let's get out of here!"

With that, we left.


We walked for several hours until the sun went down. Even though the stranger seemed to want to go further, she noticed that I was tired, and so, she found a convenience store where we can rest.

The stranger found a generator and used it to power up the building. She then heated two pre-made meals for us to eat.

While we were eating I asked, "What happened?"

"Hmm? Don't you remember what that lady in the screen said?" The stranger answered with a question.

"Wha?"

"Well, it isn't important." The stranger said dissmissively. "Anyhow, enough about that, what about your mom, your dad?"

"Dad's an OFW. He was going to go back on... today? Mom... I don't remember."

"Today? Then he'll be with your mom already, right?"

"Yeah!"

"So we have to find them quick, before they worry." The stranger said, "But for now, let's sleep."

As she was about to leave to throw away her trash, I asked, "Miss, I forgot to ask your name."

The stranger turned to me with a confused face, and said, "Huh...? Oh, I'm just a simple detective, A-"

BOOM!

"The hell was that!" The stranger said, startled. "Haah... go to sleep kid, I'll check it out, then we'll find your mom tomorrow, ok?"

"Yes!"

That's right. We were going to find them.

Sorry for the short chapter.

Edit: Minor Dialouge changes.

2