Chapter 10- Road Trip!!!
31 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day three on Myth's and Legends dawned bright and early, after a hasty breakfast with Danicus I went shopping to buy gear and supplies. If I was heading outside the normal paths anyone traveled it would pay to be prepared. After consuming all the Skill Books we had acquired from the Lich's lair, my brain was as exhausted as my body and I had fallen asleep quickly. I quickly reviewed my new Skills and Abilities as I walked towards the next shop on my list.

<<<>>>

Skill Name: Flare
Skill Level: 1
Skill Type: Active
Description: Magical flames are always dangerous, but the Flare spell is the weakest fire spell in existence capable of damaging your enemies minutely and starting a bonfire, torch, or campfire.
Damage: 1 + (SS X 0.1)
Effect 1: 5% Chance enemies will suffer Scorch Debuff decreasing their Stamina Regeneration by 5%. (Duration 10 Seconds)
AoE: N/A
Range: 10 Feet
Duration: N/A
Cast Time: 1 Second
Cost: 10 Spirit
Cooldown: N/A

Skill Name: Mage Light
Skill Level: 1
Skill Type: Active
Description: Mage Light is a simple spell any Wizard can cast. It can be used as a mobile light or can be used as a stationary source of light.
Damage: N/A
Effect 1: Illuminates area around caster or if emplaced can provide a stationary illuminated area.
Effect 2: +5% Chance Mage Light will break/interrupt Stealth or Illusion spells.
AoE: 10 Feet
Range: Self/Stationary
Duration: 1 Hour/8 Hours Stationary
Cast Time: 1 Second
Cost: 50 Spirit
Cooldown: N/A

Skill Name: Ward of Alarm
Skill Level: 1
Skill Type: Active
Description: Ward's are magic created for defense only, even the simplest can mean the difference between life and death. This spell will ward against intrusion and can be keyed to allow people and animals in and out without triggering it.
Damage: N/A
Effect 1: Emplace up too (2) Alarm Wards on a doorway, cave entrance, window, threshold, or around a specific area.
Effect 2: Key (4) beings allowed passage across your Ward.
Effect 3: +10% Chance Ward will not be detected.
AoE: 10 Yards
Range: Self
Duration: 8 Hours
Cast Time: 30 Seconds
Cost: 50 Spirit
Cooldown: N/A

Ability Name: Graveyard and Tomb Desecration
Ability Type: Active
Description: Infuse a graveyard or Tomb with Necrotic energy and awaken the dead to rise. These Dead will be considered Wild and not Summoned beings and will attack anyone, including the Necromancer that awakened them.
Damage: N/A
Effect 1: Cause a Graveyard or Tomb to awake, causing all the Dead to rise and attack any intruders.
Effect 2: Wild Dead are not Minions and will attack Necromancer or anyone within confines of Graveyard or Tomb.
AoE: N/A
Range: N/A
Duration: N/A
Cast Time: 10 Minutes
Cost: 500 Spirit
Cooldown: 60 Minutes

<<<>>>

Ability Name: Necroscience
Description: Necroscience is the study of the Dead, Undead, Spirits, and the process to command, control, and manipulate Necrotic energies. Through Necroscience you can begin to understand and completely Dominate the various paths of Death. Unlike the Necromancer Class, the Necroscience has ten levels to each Skill Mastery. These Skills are unlocked through the use of Necro Points which you will accrue as you manipulate and control the Undead and Necrotic Energies. 

There are five main Skill Masteries within Necroscience; Necrotic Sense, Necrotic Manipulation, Necrotic Control, Soul Command, and Death Mastery. Once you have reached Level 3, 7, or 10 in any of the basic Skills, a new spell will unlock that the Necromancer can use. These Spells are usually upgraded through use, accomplishment, or occasionally through Necro Points.

Skill Name: Necrotic Sense
Description: The lowest and easiest skill of Necroscience. Use it to sense the Dead and any Necrotic energy around you. Higher levels of this mastery unlock additional Necromancer spell modifications.

Skill Name: Necrotic Manipulation
Description: Unlocks after reaching level 5 in the Necrotic Sense mastery. Control the Dead around you, simple movements and manipulation at first, but more control the higher the mastery level.

Skill Name: Necrotic Command
Description: Unlocks after reaching level 5 in the Necrotic Manipulation mastery. Command Necrotic Energy at will, over short distances at lower mastery levels, but farther as you progress in your Mastery levels.

Skill Name: Soul Command
Description: Unlocks after reaching level 5 in Necrotic Command. Command and control the Souls of the Dead and Undead that are around you. As you gain Mastery of this Skill, you can control more and stronger beings.

Skill Name: Death Mastery
Description: Unlocks after reaching level 10 in all the other Masteries. Control two of the Masteries at once at lower levels, and all Masteries of Death at once when Death Mastery is at level 10.

Skill Name: Necrotic Sense
Skill Level: 1
Skill Type: Active
Description: You reach out to your surroundings and can sense Death in all its forms as well as the energy it creates. You cannot cast spells or speak while in use at lower Levels.
Damage: N/A
Effect 1: Sense the Dead, Undead, Spirits, and other forms of beings that are powered by Necrotic energy as well as concentrated forms of Necrotic Energy. You cannot cast spells or speak while in use at lower levels.
Price to Upgrade: 100 Necro Points
Range: 20 Yards
Duration: Until Cancelled or interrupted
Cast Time: N/A
Cost: 100% Concentration, 100 Spirit
Cooldown: N/A

<<<>>>

I dismissed the information and wondered about certain peculiarities of this Earth. For example, the Olive Tree was an older run down in, however, their food and beds were great. I had no idea if it was because it was a game world or not, but every bed and every meal was amazing despite what they looked like. I dismissed my thoughts, I had three more days before my first break.

A small bell chimed as I entered the store, the man that was working looked up and smiled, "Welcome sir, how can I help you today?" he asked as he stepped back from his display stand.

"Danicus sent me, he said you could outfit me with some equipment without breaking my bank?" I told him causing the other man's smile to widen even further.

"Right this way, the Spartan warned me that you were a mage. I have a couple of items you can choose from and the supplies set aside as well.' he informed me as he led me towards the back of the store. I had already sold all the loot from the Necropolis I had no use for leaving me with enough money to cover everything and leaving me some leftover in case of an emergency. 'For the food, tent, potions, and other camping supplies it's two Gold Marks. I have a simple pair of boots since Danicus warned me you needed something stouter for the road." the man stated and snorted when he spotted my cloth clad feet I had been wearing since day one.

"Yeah, these offer no protection so anything would be better than what I have," I told him as he gestured towards a pair of boots as he made his way to another table.

<<<>>>

Armor Name: Travelers Boots
Armor Type: Light Armor; Leather Boots
Class: Uncommon
Base Defense: 10
Primary Effects...
--- +5 Constitution
--- +5% Stamina

<<<>>>

The leather was dark brown, almost black, and well worn so it wouldn't pinch my toes or feet when worn. "Two silver," I told him and he smiled and nodded.

"Agreed, take a look at the mantle," he told me as he gestured at a pair of shoulder guards that were equal parts dark blue and black. I touched them, they were made from felt or silk based on the texture, and I brought up their information.

<<<>>>

Armor Name: Mage's Mantle of Spirit
Armor Type: Light Armor; Silk and Leather, Shoulder Guards
Class: Uncommon
Base Defense: 20
Primary Effects...
--- +10 Spirit
--- +5% Spirit Regeneration

<<<>>>

I frowned, I wanted them not only for their Regeneration boost but because they boosted my Spirit Attribute. "Five silver?" I asked him and he smirked.

"Two gold." He replied and I smirked at him this time.

"One gold, this isn't a specialty item for a specific Class," I told him and he frowned before nodding in agreement.

"This last item is non-negotiable, two Gold Marks for it. Take it or leave it," he told me as he placed a silver and gold ring on the table and I brought up its stats.

<<<>>>

Armor Name: Warmage's Band
Armor Type: Jewelry; Silver and Gold Ring
Class: Rare
Base Defense: N/A
Primary Effects...
--- +10 Vitality
--- +10 Intelligence
--- +25% Critical Hit Damage

<<<>>

I winced, but I needed every advantage I could get and if I wanted to survive I was going to have to invest in myself. "Agreed, six Gold Marks for everything," I told him as I placed the coins on the table causing the man to smile and pat my shoulder.

"Good luck Derrick." he told me before walking away and leaving me alone. I quickly donned all my new gear and felt a slight buzz as I got used to my boosted stats. I quickly pulled up my Character Sheet to review my information.

Name Derrick Cornell Vitality 40 Base Melee Damage 20 Poison Resistance ---
Race/Sex Greek-Athenian/Male Constitution 35 Base Ranged Damage --- Plague Resistance 20%
Level 11 Strength 15 Attack Strength 22.5 Light/Holy Resistance -10%
Experience 3,880/7,000 Dexterity 15 Ranged Attack Strength 22.5 Nature/Life Resistance 8.5%
Class Wizard Intelligence 85 Spell Strength 127.5 Shadow Resistance 8.5%
Specialization Necromancer Spirit 70 Critical Hit Chance 11% Death Resistance 28.5%
Attribute Points 0 Luck 5 Critical Hit Damage 75% Fire Resistance 8.5%
Skill Points 1 Health/Regeneration 400 Dodge Chance 6.5% Water/Ice Resistance 8.5%
Alignment Dark Stamina/Regeneration 350 Parry Chance 5% Earth Resistance 8.5%
Renown 150 Spirit/Regeneration 700 Mental Resistance 8.5% Air/Lightning Resistance 8.5%

While I wasn't a powerhouse, I could now hold my own in a fight, and with Field of the Dead, I could keep most of my enemies at bay. Between anything I could Summon and Death Bolt, I should be able to kill anything my Level. I quickly sent Danicus a message letting him know I had picked up all our supplies before heading for the door.

The plan was to meet at the western gate and go from there either to Thebes or Corinth. Corinth was closer but Thebes was further away from Sparta. Both cities were a week's travel away from Athens but I thought it would be better to head for Thebes. From there we could flee north but it would also put us closer to the Titan stronghold of Greece, Mount Othrys. From what little Danicus had told me the Titan stronghold was easily the size of Athens and was a mix of a settlement and military fortress. When Titans visited Greece, they usually stayed there according to the Spartan and all tributes from the Human cities were sent there.

I brought up my map and put a waypoint on the gate and started walking when something slammed into the back of my head and everything went black.

1